1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its official - Parcells to Dallas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do you not agree that Simms has received way more than his fair share of criticism by UT "fans". Hell, the guy's had his cell phone number released and his name defamed on a ****ing overpass in Austin. All the while, he keeps smiling and has a great attitude. He should be the recipient of respect from any person with half a brain for all the **** he's had to put up with in his four years at UT.

He should regret ever going there with all our thankless fans.

2. drapg

drapg Member

Well of course he has. Simms has been a very standup guy with all the **** he's been forced to put up with. I am in no way one of those guys. The cell phone incident was ridiculous.

As a person, I'm sure he's a great guy (I don't know him or anything). As a football player, well I was never fond of him.

Anyways this Simms issue has been rehased time and time again around here, so I'm just going to drop it.

I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers RM95.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hey, what happened to the Cowpie bashing thread? :(

4. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

EXACTLY!:D

A little sensitive these Longhorn fans are!;)

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I gotcha drapg. I've just grown more and more defensive of him, and I want nothing more for him to succeed greatly at the next level.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Member

Simms didn't look too bad today. I think he'll be even better in the nfl with proper coaching. Shanahan allegedly likes him. Denver would be a good fit, and Oakland may be also, unless they're buried with cap problems in the next few years.

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

Who is going to be the GM in Dallas?

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Lets get him some agility first.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You're just filling the role of, *ahem*, you know who!:D

Huh? gr8-1, you cannot be serious! If Mike really feels that way about Simms then he really IS overrated like all these other people say he is.

Geez, I think he could do better at QB than Chris Simms.

As usual, the best post in a thread is the one that *seems* to be ignored and the author of that post (like he is of many of this type) is Pued.

Good question and one that the egomaniac aka Jerry Jones will have a hard time answering.

I will be HIGHLY surprised to see Parcells last more than 3 years at Dallas, especially if Jones is still the GM as well.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I love it when people who criticize Simms are labeled bashers.

His stats in big games should speak volumes to people. He is/was an average to above average college QB, as was Applewhite.

The only difference is that Simms is more athletically giften then Major and Applewhite is quicker on the read and react portion of the QB position.

Both of them are ok, but neither are great.....now....as for Vincent Young......

Can't wait.

DD

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

I think I heard Jones will still be GM, but he will listen to Parcells very carefully. ESPN News has been saying that Jones has finally realized that he isn't that great and will try to get help from Parcells. I may have hear wrong, though.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I hate getting the last post on a page...no one ever reads them.

As for Parcells, as a Cowboy hater, I don't like it because I enjoy watching the Cowboys suck....but Parcells will fix that very quickly.

Think New York Jets from 1-15 to 9-7 when Parcells took over, expect similar results in Dallas.

13. gr8-1

gr8-1 Member

I know Mike knows Greg Davis. I don't know if that's good or bad.
    That's just what I heard. Simms does look alot better this year then he did last year. 3rd all-time in passing yards in the big 12. I think he had the highest QB rating as well.

I have been very hard on Chris and do feel that he has underperformed in the big games. That being said, he has a very nice arm; accurate and strong. Shanahan can actually teach him how to read defenses, not 2 yard outs on a 3rd and 7 with 19 seconds left.

Also, remember Golden Boy Palmer had a 1 :: 1 td/int ratio up until now. I believe he's a redshirt senior.

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Man this is the best thing that could happen for me as a Cowboy fan. I've been hoping for this kind of change for a looooong time.

Only getting a great coach or a franchise qb could even begin to turn around the franchise. And Parcells is one of the better coaches in the league, so if anybody can get the players to focus, it's him.

Add to that the caproom and the high draft pick and they will be better next year, maybe not too much record-wise, but on the field. More entertaining. I don't expect a huge turnaround right away, maybe playoffs in 2 or 3 years.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

If Jerry Jones really does listen to Parcells and takes his advice like he says he will, then that is truly terrible news for us Cowboys bashers. But I have a hard time believing that Jones will really do this. And once Jerry starts making terrible decisions (like we know he will) and refuses to take any Parcells advice, it WILL spill into the media, and all os us Cowboys bashers will get to glory once again.

16. gr8-1

gr8-1 Member

Press conference today?

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

Yeah, I think it will be on ESPN News at 4:00 PM. Or somewhere around there.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't care who your coach is. You still need a qb :)

But honestly, he will help. He's got a proven track record.

19. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Member

Great all of the hype about the cowboys heading into next season will be unbearable. :rolleyes:

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

Ha...tell me something we DON'T need. O-Line, maybe D-line, CB's, HB's, FB's, WR's, and TE's all can use some help as well. Maybe K and P as well, but I don't think that is a huge concern.

I am happy with this move as well. I won't say we will make playoffs for sure next year, but I think we were in every game, down by a TD or less, except for a couple of games. (Both PHI games for sure.) Some of those losses were due to a poor coaching decision.

For example, it was a very good idea to kick a 45 yd FG with a kicker who can't kick that far while we have a lead. Why should we not go for it or punt when we could do that? So what if that gives us nothing and gives the other team good field position. :)

Then again, I think Dalllas has a tough schedule next year, so it won't be nearly as easy as that. :(