1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's official: Artest demands trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PiPdAdY33, Dec 10, 2005.

1. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051210/SPORTS04/512100493

The Rockets don't have enough to offer, but I sure hope he stays East.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Holy Smokes. Hand 'em our roster minus TMac and Yao and let 'em pick the deal and send us back Artest and whoever else they want rid of. Git 'er done.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

After reading that article, it just reinforces my belief that you cannot count on this guy. He's just too dumb, too unstable. He contradicts himself in every interview. He wants to leave Indy because:

-he doesn't fit in the offense
    -he's hurting the team
    -he wants to score more to maximize his potential and make more money
    -he doesn't like playing for Carlisle.

then, he goes on to say that he would back up Lebron. Not only that, but he says that if he gets traded to a west coast team, he'll leave and go to New York, thus ruining his trade value.

This guy has not learned anything from the brawl. Instead of easing himself back into the league, he tries to cause a stir. I would love to have a guy with his talent, but he will always be a headcase. Not a Rasheed headcase, but a guy who could bail at any time. You just can't count on him. And he definately would not want to play in JVG's offense, not to mention he doesnt really fit with our talent.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's said all that?? Wow, I know the dude is a wack job, but he still manages to surprise. What a pity, because he's one hell of a basketball player.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, I read the article and it sure sounds like he wants to go to NewYork. But he also wants to play for a free style coach who will give him the ball and about 20 shots a night. I don't see LB doing that. And I don't see Van Gundy doing that either.

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

He is definitely a very good basketball player but he is crack! :(

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If he somehow landed on this team, he'd single-handedly destroy any chemistry we have. We'd simply implode. Just say no to this bonehead.

He'd play some nice defense though, I guess.

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

we have some chemistry he could destroy when did this happen

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

We can't get him, so let's stop dreaming.

The ONLY thing I am desperately hoping for is for him to be traded to anoter Eastern Conf team, since I don't want to see him resurrecting the Kings' season or any other conference rival.

Let's keep our fingers crossed...

10. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

The guy is definitely a bone head, who the hell would want to play for the knicks?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WHAT ARE THE PLACES you DON'T WANT HIM TO LAND

Lakers - he and Kobe IMO could lock down any backcourt
    Artest is crazy . . and him on T-mac would end up with T-mac on his back . . . ALOT!

Clippers - better than Magette - He Sam and Cat would definately be a solid
    squad . . . esp if they can keep Brand

Phoenix - Nash and he IMO maybe as good if not better than nash and Marion

Seattle - they soft and need D - Allen, Artest and Rashard would make for a formidable middle line up [2,3,4]

what others

Rocket River

12. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Artest would also fit well in Memphis if they could pull off a deal.

13. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

Kings - A proposed Stojakovich for Artest deal has been rumored forever.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Artest + Bender for Starbury would work. That Artest specificaly said NY can't hurt. Of course, I doubt Indiana is eager to deal such a talent to Isiah, and I'd question if Bird would want someone like Starbury on his team.

The problem with Artest for Peja is that Stojakovic could walk this summer for nothing. Major risk for Walsh.

Artest + Pollard for Odom makes sense. Kobe and Artest would be a frightening combination, and give us our best chance at a teammate punching out Kobe in the locker room.

Jason Richardson makes the same money, but is a step down.

Paul Pierce or Steve Francis could be had if Pollard or Bender is included to make the money match.

Evan

15. foodworld

foodworld Member

Pierce? No. Francis? Yes - but why on earth would a team with a point-guard rotation as stacked as the Pacers want him? He's a much bigger bonehead on the court than Artest even.

16. pacertom

pacertom Member

How about Yao?

Tmac or Yao are the only Rockets that would interest Larry Bird

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Another reason for Rockets to go after Artest....

...Cuban might go after him to slow down Tmac.

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I got a better idea...

Given that Bird and Carlisle are too smart to be suckered in on Van Horn or Dampier, let's let the trade happen for Marquis Daniels + a 1st round pick and have have Luther Head abuse Devin Harris immediately. And then TMac can abuse DAL even worse when Artest goes on tour promoting his rap CD.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Actually, I think Bird is going to ask for Josh Howard. Artest and Howard are similar in what they bring to the court, except Artest is much much better. He will also probably ask for Daniels too. Adding Artest to Dallas brings one thing they sorely lack - toughness, so Cuban is bound to look at this hard.

If Artest goes on to promote his CD, great. But if he does not then he does slow down Mcgrady. And if he does, you are relying on Luther Head to abuse Harris so that rockets can win the playoff series? Not likely...

Lots of ifs. I just dont want our close competition to get him if we cant.

20. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

The Rockets don't need a guy who'll abandon the team to make a rap CD about fat chicks at any given moment.