1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

it's not that difficult McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vpballa916, Oct 11, 2013.

1. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

As much ass I love this team, they haven't proven anything YET. Let them get some real games under their belt and then judge.

2. Artestsuckskobe

Found ourselves a real coach here!

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Vpballa for Houston Rocket Head Coach!!!

5. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

how does "a hole at PF" and Beverley have anything to do with each other? and if you are implying that Beverley's talent isn't good enough to win a title, then who do you suggest?

Chris Paul? Russell Westbrook? Tony Parker? yeah, we don't have any of those guys.

Lin's played against Miami. They're the team that put the kabob on LINSANITY.
    in the words of Stephen A. Smith, "IT WAS LIKE FRIGHT NIGHT." Lin was completely overwhelmed and exposed by the eventual Champs.

Both Lin and Beverley have a lot of growing to do as young players, but to suggest that there is a chasm in terms of talent between the two is incorrect.

6. Vpballa916

i am not here for anyones job, i am just here as an impartial observer.

Godspeed, Houston's Rockets.

7. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

I heard Spoelstra's actually made a strategy to stop Lin. The heat double teamed him. If they do that again Harden or Howard or anyone else in the Rockets will light up.

But I dont care who starts as long as Lin gets more time than Beverly because Lin is a better play in my opinion

8. Vpballa916

it's going to be a tough call for McHale, if Beverely is really that disruptive on the defensive end, and can hit open shots and space the floor for Harden and Howard, i could see McHale using Beverely a lot in crunch time.

so it really depends on whether you think it's more important to start or to finish.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

I thought John Boehner was the most confused guy in America, until I read your post.

10. Vpballa916

i watched that whole game, there were a lot of possessions where
    Chalmer's single covered him, as well as Norris Cole.

On one sequence, Norris Cole stripped him and DUNKED IT. Norris Cole rarely ever dunks, just goes to show you that these guys really wanted to make a point and put the all the hype to shame.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Simply amazing that no one, I mean, no one, has ever thought of this incredibly revolutionary idea that is sure to change the future of basketball in Houston as we know it.

12. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

you proved my point?

13. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

I'm pretty sure everyone in here has a clue. That's why there is a lot of debate going on in the forums. I don't know about anyone else outside. I really hope we win a ring this year. Underdogs victories are the best victories.

14. Vpballa916

there's no confusion here, a Harden/Howard fusion should be the emphasis.

Let the big boys set the table and feed the surrounding role players.

This isn't Mike D'antoni's system, not everyone should have the green light.

15. Vpballa916

it's going to be tough, OKC still has the two best players in the west, though, they don't necessarily play well off of each other.

San Antonio is still the best overall team in the West, with the Clippers and Warriors also rising.

we still need another major piece to fill in the gap between Harden and Howard--at PF.

if things go south, in Portland, i could see them ending the Aldridge era and the same goes for the Pelicans if they realize that Antony Davis should play the 4, next to a defensive Center.

Asik is obviously the odd man out, here. he's the last piece that will decide whether Houston will go from one of the 10 best teams, to one of the 5 best teams in the league.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like your style. Did you do any waving with the drumstick?

Also, fire McHale!! He's doing exactly what the thread starter asked of him!!

17. Vpballa916

he was not really doubled, they just sicked some doberman's on him and he got rattled.

18. Vpballa916

na, the drumstick was simple to eat on the drive, it's the thighs that gave me trouble. i'm a thigh man, but man oh man, eating one while driving is a challenge, indeed.

McHale now has some key legitimate championship pieces. we will now see what he's really capable of now that he has more versatility to work with.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

They are not close to Shaq and Kobe.

Imagine this roster..

Howard
    Harden
    Derek Fisher
    Rick Fox
    Robert Horry
    Devean George
    ...etc...etc..

I doubt that team would be able to get out of the West.

20. Mariachi ROCKET

That simple huh???

You D man!