1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's not over, We're going to the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pradaxpimp, Jan 20, 2006.

1. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

we just beat a team without our good inside presence. 3rd best(right after shaq and the self proclaimed 2nd center, eric(k) dampier.)

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I'm all for it. :D

3. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

i do agree with you with the rockets STILL have a chance to make it to the playoffs (ive been saying that to all the non-believers here at the board and outside). i dont wanna ruin the lovefest right now, but its only one game. if we keep it rollin, i say pop out the champagne and let the celebration begin. i do like the positive vibe the board has become after this much needed win! but, we must not be high with this. its still a long road ahead just to make it to the .500 mark. GO ROCKETS!

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

If JH stays semi-aggressive and shoots a good %, we will roll on offense. When Yao gets back, JH will ease into being the 3rd option, except when Yao or Tracy isn't on the floor. This is what happened last year before his injury.

To make a real run, we need DA & JB back also. In addition to Deke, I'm afraid Wesley is going to wear down and Luther will hit a wall playing so many minutes. If DA & JB come back and are productive on offense, we can make a serious run assuming injuries don't bite anymore. Without those two, fatigue is going to hit us at some point.

I guess having Stro would help ease JH's minutes too. I'm not yet sold on Chuck Hayes as our backup PF.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We got lucky, gonna need a lot more of the luck to get to the playoffs.

DD

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

You either play well enough to win or don't play well enough to win. There's no luck involved. don't sell our team short. betting, now that's another story.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

It's going to take a "astros" type of run to make the playoffs.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Nicely put. as long as i see guys like head, JL 3 and hayes develope i'll be ecstatic.

9. droxford

droxford Member

Ya damn right we're going to the playoffs! I've been saying this all season! We just gotta hang tough until Yao and Tracy are both on the floor and into their game (it'll probably be a few games after they're both back before they really find their stride).

I'm tellin' ya... It's gonna happen.