1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'It's not illegal to be black'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by biff17, May 17, 2018.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

Are you drunk?

Nothing you posted here has anything to do with the actual story.

And the cops that started the Redditt thread are Americans.

2. Nook

Nook Member

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

You get no argument out of me on that one.

4. conquistador#11

we wouldn't have these complaints if black people just stopped meeting up at meet up places like starbucks, used a bluetooth so a cellphone won't be mistaken by a gun, stopped talking with fancy phones in their own backyards, stopped moving furniture into their own places, stopped taking naps in a dorm hall after cramming for exams, stopped going out to a diner after prom..I mean who does these things?

unfortunately for this guy, he is not a politician. he's a lawyer and was held accountable.

Nook and edwardc like this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'd say maybe that is bobthemediocre but we all know he's a 450 lb guy still living at home. I'm fairly certain that bob is making 95% of these calls.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

It appears that what he is saying is that false suspicious person reports involving black people might be indicative that the person doing the reporting has racist tendencies.

Your straw man is the incredibly stupid take, as usual.

edwardc likes this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's nail that hit the wall right there dude but some still don't believe that these things don't happen to black people daily but it could be that they just don't want to see the truth.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that is just an assumption based solely on the race of the people involved, which would be every bit as "racist" as an assumption that a person is "suspicious" based solely on race.....so yeah, don't be that guy is kind of what I'm getting at.

There are plenty of false suspicious person reports of people of all races, people call the police over all kinds of stupid things, you aren't going to get away with selectively packaging some of them in order to pimp out a false narrative.

9. GladiatoRowdy

It is an observation that has been made by law enforcement officials who respond to these calls.

You think the police officers who started this line of discussion are the real racists in the situation? Seriously?

Assumption, not backed by evidence.

Yes, including "suspicious person" calls based solely on the fact that the person in question is a minority.

I'm not selectively packaging a thing. This is what law enforcement officers are saying, you're just responding with "nuh-uhhhhh."

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's not an observation, it's an assumption based on the race of people involved in certain calls. It also omits any other somewhat similar instances that don't play into that narrative.

As Prince once said, "If the bra fits...."

Honestly I'm not saying that they are or that they aren't, but people who display prejudice against other people based solely on the race of the person are pretty much the textbook definition of racist.

Really? You are questioning that there are suspicious person reports of people of all types? Go sit in the corner.

This is hilarious right after you say "Assumption, not backed by evidence" because that's ACTUALLY an assumption not backed by evidence.

I'm just pointing out the flaws in their prejudicial thinking. The assumption that a white person who calls in a "suspicious person" report on a black person is doing so because of racism or based solely on the race of the person they are calling about is in itself racist thinking. It's making an assumption about that person's character entirely based on race.....which ironically is what you'd be accusing them of.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yall let BTG derail again. Well played.

12. biff17

biff17 Member

Your right.

And this is some of his weakest work to date, He is making zero sense.

It's pretty evident he never read the article and did not realize it was the cops were complaining.

13. GladiatoRowdy

It is an observation by the people involved in responding to these calls, you know, the people who have first hand experience.

I'm sorry you're incapable of participating in the discussion, but you're only refusing to accept the facts because you're a biased partisan.

And in this case, it doesn't.

Yes, like the people who make "suspicious person" calls to police based solely on the race of the person they find "suspicious."

Read again until you understand that your straw man isn't what I said.

If you can't get over your fallacies, this is the advice you should follow.

You haven't provided a shred of evidence that there are "plenty" of "suspicious person" reports of "all races." In fact, this entire topic came up because police officers have noticed an uptick in such calls being made by white people where they are suspicious of black people.

No, you're assuming prejudicial thinking.

No, it isn't. If a police officer arrives on the scene of such a call and the circumstances point to this being the case, then that is their observation. Given these observations, law enforcement officers have attempted to start a conversation that you desperately want to avoid.

Except that the observations of the law enforcement officers isn't "entirely based on race." They have based their opinions on the entirety of these situations, you're the one trying to boil it down entirely to race, unsuccessfully.

#34 GladiatoRowdy, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    mdrowe00 and edwardc like this.