1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It's NEVER been....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Brian Gaine was fired for harassing black employees and forcing them out. **** him.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Really? Where did you hear that?

Messed up if true

edwardc and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

edwardc, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

edwardc, Rudyc281 and clos4life like this.
  5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah both things can be true

edwardc, Rudyc281 and steddinotayto like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I moved away from Houston back in 2013 but is he still on ESPN 975? I remember him replacing Carl Dukes and could not stand his takes.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I believe so

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is just what happens when you allow Bill O'Brian to be your head coach and GM for several years and your franchise QB turns out to be a rapist.

The team finally has a competent GM, but you can't undo all the damage BOB and Watson did to the franchise overnight.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but this was always how this season was going to go. Throwing a tantrum won't change anything.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

10. Fantasma Negro

Why did you wait for the season to start to blow your top? You could have easily wrote this message in January and it would've been more appropriate. What exactly were your expectations for this season? If you had any at all, they were too high. This is a throw away season, to be this emotional about a tanking team tanking is pretty silly. We have a franchise qb yes, but he's not sitting due to a decision by the coaching staff, dude may be facing criminal charges pending an investigation to which a grand jury has been empaneled. I'm going to save you some time here, the Texans are a bad team right now, they are going to be a bad team for the rest of the season, they may win one more game for the rest of the season, they will be blown out on multiple occasions, nrg will not be sold out for one single game this season, (I was actually offered $35 tix for the rams game, haven't decided if I'm going, if I am its because of the food not the football), they will probably end up with the number one pick next season. With that information in mind, plan your Sundays accordingly.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. showa13

showa13 Member

The saddest thing of all is as bad as it is, the Texans are more competent than the Jags, which is just laughably sad

Rudyc281 and steddinotayto like this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I know it sucks to say, but from a future-building standpoint, the Texans getting their doors blown off every weekend is the best thing that can happen. Adding 3-4 high draft picks (plus whatever they're able to get in the eventual Deshaun deal) would help this team tremendously, assuming Caserio knows what he's doing in regards to drafting.

13. steddinotayto

My fear is that Caserio won't have the final word on who gets picked or that he has to factor in the "good culture" variable when he's evaluating prospects.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This is Nicks team he has final say other then being overruled by Cal which I highly doubt.

cmoak1982 and steddinotayto like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

But a very important piece for the future is who will be the next HC to really take this team to the top.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

Yeh there are too many "good guys" on the team, Caserio needs to go get some guys like Barkevios Mingo, Jarron Jones, Tamorrrion Terry, Jeff Gladney. Nick needs to stop signing guys that he knows will be available on Sunday, he needs some bad boys, he needs to give Chad Wheeler, Derrius Guice, Mark Walton and Mark Chmura a call. If Nick is a smart guy he'll know the only way to fix the return game is to bring back Jerome Mathis smh. When will the "good guys can't play football" **** end? Do you understand what connotations you are conveying with that sentiment? nfl players are humans, not animals, they are representatives of their organizations, why the **** do you think Deshaun isn't playing? Mel Blount was one of the most violent players in the history of the nfl but every Wednesday he was in bible study. Stop looking for the texans to sign bad guys or guys with mean streaks and hope for them to have the right coaching staff and to sign guys that can be coached to play winning football

17. steddinotayto

Calm down there amigo. I don't think I ever said "Nick should sign convicts or guys that have a high chance of getting suspended by the NFL for X reasons". I don't think my comment advocated for rapists, murderers or anything of the sort. Once you get that processed we can have an actual discussion because what I said obviously got you triggered.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

I don't get triggered over sports or anything really, I'm just tired of this ridiculous narrative that the texans have too many "good guys" to win football games. Its silly. The steel curtain was nothing but "good guys" and they won superbowls

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. steddinotayto

What was the reasoning behind the organization (BoB and Cal) trading Hopkins away? Surely it wasn't due to production and I don't think it was due to any potential contract demands he was going to make. If it was because of the former I really don't need any evidence because there isn't any but if it's the latter I'd like some information because all I can remember were rumors about him being unhappy with this contract but nothing that pointed to a battle between player and organization that could have led to a hold out. In my mind, as well as many others, the trade was made because the organization didn't like him because he wasn't cut in the "good guy" mold off the field. If I'm wrong I'll gladly own up to it but I'm going to need some help and get pointed in the right direction.

No one said you can't win with "good guys" on your team. Did I say that? If so please show me where. I SIMPLY stated that I hope Caserio don't have to factor in a "good culture" (or "good guy" as you've stated) variable when he's evaluating prospects. Basically, if there were two prospects at QB and QB 1 was better than QB 2 by a good margin but QB 1 had a DUI or was caught with weed in college while QB 2 is squeaky clean I hope Caserio's not going to be swayed into taking QB 2 when all signs are pointing that QB 1 is the better QB. Alternatively, if QB 2 was the better prospect and still upheld that squeaky clean record/persona then by all means pick the guy without hesitation. Unless there are Aaron Hernandez or Josh Gordon levels of red flags I hope Caserio takes the best prospect/player available.

I might be making a mountain out of a mole hill but this organization has been really lucky to have had JJ Watt and Andre Johnson as their two best players. They were not only elite at their position but they also were consummate professionals off the field. Maybe the McNairs thought that every player should be like them who knows.

Fulgore and J.R. like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

There was NO perfect time to EXPLODE. When you see your home town team go from a top tier team to a seller dweller in a matter of 18 mos., when is the perfect time to release your frustrations??

And the most frustrating thing is the parties who are the root behind it, Cal and Jack, are STILL in the bldg. SO WHEN WILL THIS EVER END?

Fantasma Negro likes this.