1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Joey....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GBRocket, May 17, 2009.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lol. You can't complain about a ref BEFORE the game....

You guys are acting like we already lost, and the only reason we did, is because the refs blew 40 fouls on us, and none on them. Lighten up.

Tipoff isn't for another 3 hours....

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Other teams fans (Jazz, Spers, Mavs, Blazers, Celtics, Suns, etc.) want Rockets to win. Just cause the heads at ESPN, ABC and NBA want Kobe and Lebron does not mean the world wants it. LOL. :rolleyes:

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

well if crawford is so whistle happy, let's just leave players in when they get in foul trouble. that way, when they our entire team fouls out before the half, we can walk out on the 2nd half.

4. Landlord Landry

nobody here is a "sissy fan" for "whining" about Joey Crawford. I invite you to look at his deplorable history and the staggering numbers posted on him and Laker games inside this very thread.

This isn't some convienent little error by Stern. It's blatent, it's obvious and quite frankly, it's very disgusting and irresponsible of Stern. Regardless of the outcome.

5. aghast

aghast Member

Everybody forgets that Joey Crawford narrowly avoided prison a few years back on tax evasion charges.

CBS Sportsline:

It's a slippery slope between being willing to fudge your taxes to pocket a few thousand dollars off reselling first-class airline tickets and being willing to fudge the score to match the line on an NBA game. Stern reinstated Crawford soon after.

Yeah, but nobody wants to watch a David-David fight either. That's why, from a marketing standpoint, Cavs-Lakers is such a good sell. The contrast of James' unselfishness versus Bryant's ball-hogging makes for good television.

6. foopkobe

foopkobe Member

Did anybody doubt we'd see Joey Crawford for this game?

I'm already in the plans of organizing a boycott of the NBA through Facebook, etc.

We need to do something about this -- to show the NBA that they can't get away with this **** so easily. It can't be this easy. We can't just b**** for a day then go back to watching and spending money on this fraudulent league.

Can someone explain to me by what merit Joey Crawford is assigned to this game? Game 7 of a semifinal. This is a guy who was just suspended an entire season for bad officiating.

**** you, NBA.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes you can.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=168046

I'm not really an NBA conspiracy theorist... I think you could take any result and turn it into a conspiracy. But look at that thread -- it's kind of eery how everyone saw that coming before Game 2 (which was badly botched by Crawford) and now the same before Game 7.

My main beef with Crawford is he took Yao Ming out of the game in Game 2 against the Blazers and Game 2 against the Lakers. With Yao out, I don't know how the calls will translate, but if Hayes gets two fouls in the first 6 minutes, you can bet I'll be more pissed about it (justly or unjustly) because Crawford is there. The NBA shouldn't have opened themselves to criticism like that. Even though he ranks as one of their best officials, I'm surprised the NBA would go with him <I>in this series</I> after Game 2.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

All true Clutch.

But if the Rockets somehow do pull off the upset, it will be all the sweeter !

:D

DD

9. acjeitherocket

son of a b****.............. :mad: :(

10. zforrest

zforrest Member

**** David Stern, **** Stu Jackson, and of course **** Joey Crawford. Worst official ever.

11. redao

redao Member

NBA sucks.

I can not believe I've been watching this **** for more than 20 years.

what a waste.

12. conquistador#11

Even if it's 5- 8, I'm just ready for the game to start. We have to jump on them early and keep our composure.

A brave leader once said the following:

"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have
    striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The
    hopes and prayers of corruption free basketball loving bloggers everywhere march with you.
    In company with our brave fans and brothers-in-arms on
    other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of laker nation, the elimination of Stern's tyranny over the oppressed players of
    China, South america, and security for ourselves in the advance towards Denver.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well
    equipped, battle hardened, and with aid from nba officials. He will fight savagely..."

13. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Pretty hard to win a game when it's 6 on 5 on the floor......

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

look at it this way, maybe just maybe the league might prefer the underdog and crawford takes gasol and bynum out of the game....it COULD happen but if i had to pass judgement at this point id say FML :mad:

15. redao

redao Member

I think Joey will take Scola out first.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I just see fans getting upset over something they have no control over. The game hasn't started and we are predicting bad calls.

This is like putting bad energy into the Universe.

So we have Joey Crawford. So he has a history of bad calls.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the Rockets play with poise and overcome the referee mismatch.

Perhaps, even Joey Crawford makes some good calls, perhaps he even blows a call that helps the Rockets today.

It's not the end of the world, it's a referee crew lead by Joey Crawford, and a six page subsequent thread.

Rockets Basketball!!

17. mic

mic Contributing Member

F--k me. I checked the ref assignments before I got on just now, and... CRAWFORD BROTHERS. I literally teared up (it's okay, I'm a girl).

18. foopkobe

foopkobe Member

Dan Crawford is decent. Joey Crawford is a trainwreck. There are no words to describe this guy's incompetence.

When I was a little kid, my parents would tell me not to get involved with the NBA because it was all rigged and made up. I laughed at them. Boy, was I naive.

19. snowmike

snowmike Member

Just make all out shots and do not turn the ball overs 20+ times.
    Who cares about Joey.

We will win it!

20. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Guys.. I'm so depressed after reading this when waking up..

19-9 for Lakers in last 28 games..

10-1 with Joey..

I mean.. that is just a ridiculous stat... it's like an automatic win for LA