1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Joey....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GBRocket, May 17, 2009.

1. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

The Lakers are going to exploit this whole thing by taking cheap shots and trying to get our players ejected for retaliating. Crawford is too much of an idiot and/or well compensated to call the initial cheap shot.

2. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

you guys need to relax - we just got to play our game.

you sometimes need an ego maniac on the floor to call a game of this magnitude. don't forget joey also t'd up kobe in game 2.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why hasn't anyone in the national media picked up on this?

Joey's record is so telling.

DD

4. engr chris

engr chris Member

This may happen tonight

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

BTW - Clutch mentioned it was the "biggest game of the year" for the Rockets in his front page story... slight correction... it's the biggest game of the last 12 years.

6. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Good question - at least Clutch is doing as much as he can by putting it on the front page.

Thanks Clutch! Can you send a message to The Jet?

7. engr chris

engr chris Member

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Nothing racist my man. See, the NBA is run by whites, their crimes are so called 'white-collared' so just because he's black doesn't mean he's going to help out.

9. Natil

Natil New Member

The world wants Cavs-Rox Finals

10. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

He also blindly ejected Artest and called everything. We'll in foul trouble if we play aggressive. I can see our backcourt in foul trouble already.

11. MattM

MattM Member

Wow. So LA will be allowed to play defense. We won't. Ticky tack calls on Hayes to start. Landry will have to step up and play half the game.

Kobe will be allowed to commit offensive fouls all game.

Ron will get called for fouling Kobe's elbows with his face.

Ron will get ejected for nothing.

12. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I wake up and the first thing I hear is that Joey is refereeing this game :mad: . Now instead of it being 5-5, it is going to be at least 6 - 5 ( I don't know about the other officials)

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

It's time fellas !!! It's time to bleed, it's time for Rockets Red so get ****ing Red-y !!!! BLOOD MUST BE SPILLED TONIGHT and Joey Crawford better be one of them. I'm sick of organisations, coaches and players to just take this game fixing. RA should've spilled the blood of Bavetta and the other two officials in game 6 of the 2002 series already. Now it's again a critical game vs. LA and you can bet Adelman knows what's up and is worried. Well, forget fear, it's time for the anger and beast to be unleashed. Go Ron, this is what you have been waiting for. You've held you emotions under control for too long this season, now IT'S TIME !! WE DON'T SHED TEARS, WE SHED BLOOD, DO YOU STILL WANNA BE A THUG ?? HUH KOBE ?? :mad:

14. MattM

MattM Member

If Karma is for real then the Rockets win today.

15. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

Added to this, the Lakers are 11-1 straight up in last 12 Laker playoff games with Joey C. as ref.

Didn't look up Dan Crawford who is also doing today's game (no relation to Joey) history with Houston but I know since 2001 in 16 Mavs playoff games, the Mavs are 1-15 straight up in them.

I hope Dan Crawford doesn't have something against Texas.

16. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

LMAO, we knew it!

If things go what we are predicting, I'm boycotting the rest of NBA playoffs. They don't need my ratings for the stupid Lakers/Cavs matchup!!

:mad: :mad:

17. Landlord Landry

I just had an epiphany!

Actually, by most accounts, the national media is bent with Kobay's smug attitude and the rest of the Lakers self-entitlement approach to this series.
    A LOT of media has recently taken the side of the undermanned, overachieving, underdog Rockets. How can you not root for this team? a bunch of classy hard workers, and one bottle of Crazy Pills, who is just really the "big brother" of the team.

I think Stern has picked up on this. Joey has been called in to run this game in OUR favor. An upset might be more profitable and the media darling Rockets will launch all the way to the FINALS!

18. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

Joey Crawford, who is he?

Joey Crawford, who is he?

What drives this man?

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

5 star thread!!

Why? There are tons of other threads.

Crawford makes calls, I tend to disagree with him. Is further exploration even needed?

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

who cares who is reffing the game?!

The Rockets have to win it, not the refs.

Quit crying and man up like real Rocket Fans!

GO ROCKETS IN 7!! UP BY TEN GOING TO THE 4th!!