1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's great to have hope again...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sabonis, Feb 14, 2006.

1. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

It's great to have hope again.

I hate to say it, but to be truthful, I was at a point where I was giving up on the Rockets this season. The losing streaks and losses were mounting up and as much as I wanted to believe that we could pull something off when Yao and McGrady found themselves on the court together again, it was more unbelieveable than believeable.

But things have changed. We still have a massive, steep uphill climb, but at least I'm feeling good about the team again. I know we haven't been dismantling the Spurs, and blowing out the Pistons in our streak, but it feels good to win for a change this season. And it feels good that there is ust enough time left in the season that if the Rockets just go crazy, they'll sneak into the 7th or 8th spot.

It's also great to cheer against the Lakers for reasons more than just cheering against the Lakers for hating-the-Lakers-and-Kobe-sake, now there's hope, albeit small, that we could make the playoffs, and with every loss the Lakers suffer, the door into the postseason opens a little more.

Stuart

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You have hope? It's quite far stretched....

Yeah, I'm severly disapointed in this season....no matter the outcome. BUT, if we can squeez into the playoffs I do Think we'd be a tough team to face (as long as TMAC and Yao are healthy)

BUT we suck against teams over .500, We are ZERO and THIRTEEN! (0-13) against them. :eek: :(

3. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

We've won what, 5 of the last 6? At that rate for the rest of the season, we're definitely gonna make it in! :D

4. smartxtai

smartxtai Contributing Member

the wins are nice, but like clutch says in his front article... it's only been against sub-par teams. let's wait and see how we fare against good teams which means getting a W tonight agains the clippers.

5. sino

sino Contributing Member

Totally agree. We need to close the first half season strong and open the 2nd even stronger. Then we can make a statement that we are officially in the playoff hunt.

6. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I lost all hope after the Lakers game. But my hope has been renewed since then. If we win 2 out of every 3 games the rest of the season, we'll be right at 50 wins. I think that's in the realm of possibility, and 50 wins would be a lock for a playoff spot.

7. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

:confused: We have 31 games left, so 2 out of 3 will give us 20 wins and we have 21 wins now. You must have confused lost with win since we lost 30 games. If we want to hit 50, we can only lose 2 out of 31 games! :eek:

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

The next two games (against the Clippers and Suns) are make or break. If we can't win at least one of these two, then I'll be convinced that we just aren't a very good team and can't beat good teams.

9. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

I think that 43 wins gets us in the playoffs but thats really just talking. We need to win as much as we can from now till the end of the season and see where it takes us. I think the additions of Bogans and Lampe for the future are a great sign the Rockets know the old guys arent going to cut it any longer. That being said though don't fill our team with all yyoung guys and don't have atleast 3 or 4 solid veterans to balance things out. I'd keep Howard,WEsley from this years team along with Mutombo and then go out and add 2 more solid vets perfebaly 3 point shooting vets. Go Rockets!!!

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

n that is highly unlikely.. id be very happy with 2 out of 3 but thats not good enough for playoffs :(

11. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Ouch. Way to suck all the hope out of this thread... :)

Stuart

12. daRox

daRox Member

Yeap, you read that right, Oh and Thirteen

13. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

while I agree that the recent weeks have given me hope when I had none I don't want to get my hopes too high. .666 will likely not get us to the playoffs. I am thinking more along the lines of .700 ball will be what we need to get in. Of course there are 3 teams that have won at that percentage this year Detroit, San Antonio, and Dallas. I do have hope but am not going overboard with it.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Your '43' = 71% wins starting tonite, exceeded by only three teams year-to-date.

Yes, I have hope, too.

But my first hope is to NOT mortgage the future for a run this year. Please JVG/CD - tread carefully on any deals y'all're considering.

15. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

do it CD

mortage the farm and do it this year.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

There is a little "flicker" of hope, but it wouldn't take much to blow it out. This road trip will tell alot. The Rockets need a major winning streak against good teams. Thus far, they have only managed to beat the dregs of the league, occasionally. The fact remains, the Rockets are still at the bottom of the NBA. This has to be a "big finish" of major proportions, and they might as well begin tonight.