1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

I would wager you any sum of cash that Harris will not be president. Biden isn't going to die in office. You're being ridiculous. He's still in fairly good shape and exercises daily..

You can't remove the black VP or else you're going to splinter the coalition. If biden wins he will finish his 2nd term.

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I would vote for a light pole over Trump or anyone MAGA. I liked Haley initially but she fizzled. I definitely don't want Trump in office. He'll burn the country to the ground.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

Folks don't realize that the usa imports most of their aluminum from over seas. One of the biggest components of solar panels and other ev tech is aluminum which we havnt invested in over 40 years. Were now finally going be onshoring the production at home and build the first ever clean aluminum facility in North America.

It's crazy how most Americans have no idea the transformational stuff that's happening in America. It's depressing how completely illiterate and dumb the population is including the troll himself @Space Ghost

Trump has no business being anywhere close to the WH.

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

That's being extremely optimistic. Nevertheless I hope you're right. She certainly speaks like thats what she thinks. I think neither of us know what shape he's in.

People hate Kamala all around. She's universally disliked. Black people don't relate to her. Now do I agree it would be hard this close to the election...yes absolutely.

Like I said I'm not not voting for Biden or Trump so it's kinda fair to criticize my voice. That all said our country needs to do better and they certainly aren't it

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People need to remember that the POTUS has literally the best health care in the world. There is a medical clinic that could do emergency surgery on Air Force 1 and in DC he is only minutes away from Walter Reed.

Yes Biden could die in office but compared to any other 81 year old the chances are much much smaller.

astros123 likes this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

If you're not voting for biden then you're voting for trump. Its pretty simple. You don't get to pat yourself on the back with your purity testing. When trump burns this country to ashes you will be just as responsible. Own it

You're no better than @Commodore

7. astros123

astros123 Member

Biden isn't going die in office. Nd there's no universe he resigns to allow kamala to be president. Biden has wanted to be president since he was in his 20s.

Folks who claim they can't vote for biden cuz of kamala are utterly deranged

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I won't say Kamala Harris will never be president but I think if you're not voting for Biden because you worry that Harris might be president that is unlikely and sounds more like a rationalization to not vote for Biden.

Right now there is a far more likely chance that Trump is president than Harris will be. As I said Harris comes off as an unauthentic schemer but Trump is a threat to the Constitution. Again that's not me or Rachel Maddow saying that. That's lifelong Republicans who served in his Administration saying that.

NewRoxFan, ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

You mean every single republican cabinet member saying that. Trump has not been endorsed by a single appointee whom he installed.

The idea that kamala maybe becoming president is somehow equivalent to trump winning is bat **** crazy

#1789 astros123, Mar 29, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    rocketsjudoka likes this.
  10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm sure the Biden team would love to replace her, but the negatives to removing her are going to outweigh the positives brought on by somebody new.

When is the last time a sitting President ran with a replacement VP? FDR with Truman?

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It's your vote and it's your right to vote for whoever you like or to even not bother to. I'm not going to call you a bad person for using that vote for what you think is right.

What I will say is that voting is a right but it's also a privilege that many in this world don't have. As a member of the World's longest existing democracy and one that has been relatively stable compared to many other democracies what we do with our vote matters. Sometimes that does mean casting a vote for someone who we don't feel is perfect or might not even like personally but we do so because the alternative is much worse.

GOATuve, astros123 and ROCKSS like this.
  12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

To each his own, but no vote for either is a vote for trump. I have friends that echo your sentiment, and I don't get it, if you think trump is a danger to America. But we are a free society..................for now

GOATuve likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Ford replaced Agnew but that was after the 1972 election. Truman replaced Wallace in 1945 well before the 1946 election with the understanding that FDR might not survive to complete his current term or the next term. He was also picked because he was seen as less polarizing. In that sense it would be precedent to replace Harris but agree that the optics and politics would be bad.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

Kamala is a member of the biggest black women's sorority in the world. Removing her from the ticket would cause your most reliable coalition (95%+ of black women vote D) to be pissed off at you which seems like an awful election strategy. Sorority sisters stick together

Again kamala has no power in the WH. She's not making any big decisions and anyone not voting for Biden cuz of her needs to get their head checked.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

I'm perfectly fine with folks not voting for Biden but you don't get to throw your hands up and pretend you're the good guy cuz you're not voting for either one. If you're protesting your vote then don't come back and complain when trump burns the country down.

These folks @GOATuve want to paint themselves as the noble ones when there's nothing noble about their plan

16. juicystream

FDR/Truman ticket was 1944. No Presidential election in 1946. Oddly enough Wallace was a replacement for John Garner who was FDR's VP for his first 2 terms, after Garner attempted to primary him in 1940.

Nelson Rockefeller was replaced by Bob Dole when Ford ran for re-election, but unlike Wallace, Rockefeller was appointed, not elected as VP.

ROCKSS and rocketsjudoka like this.
  17. juicystream

I don't disagree. You'd be under extreme pressure to appoint another black woman, and regardless of why she wasn't on the ticket, it would be a sign of disfunction that would be cause for so many questions.

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  18. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Sorry I don't subscribe to that theory. I'm not voting for either. Just because you think a certain way doesn't mean that I do the same.

I don't typically pat myself on the back unless I did something really positive and casting a vote for one of these two idiots wouldn't qualify as one of those occasions.

Nope. I don't know who that is btw and I'm quite positive that I don't want to

19. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Like always a very well thought out and fair response. I can't bring myself to vote for someone that I can't stand. I do understand voting is a right but we also deserve better than Trump and Biden

20. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I guess that's what I'm missing. How is it a vote for Trump? I definitely think Trump is a danger to America and it would have been great if he was in federal prison (fingers crossed) but my feelings on the other side don't equate. I can't vote in good faith for either. If Newsom runs (I know he will in 2028) I'll be extremely disappointed.