1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

That's not a singularly good metric as it speaks of a weak global economy where we've exported our inflation and undergone massive deficit spending and bailout policies that other g7 countries will not and can not possibly follow.

Things like the March bank interventions that staved off a prolonged market crash are all about protecting unemployment numbers that are case by case, month by month for the foreseeable short term future.

But hey, market just "went parabolic" from JPows milquetoast dovish words. Let the good times roll!

3. adoo

adoo Member

you are parroting "bottle-half-empty" cheap shots at the Fed again

the real wage growth data underscores how effective the Fed has been, relative to other central banks.

in the wake of rising inflation globally,
    the US shines, as evidenced by its continuous GDP grwoth,
    historic low in unemployment , as well as real wage growth

#1063 adoo, Dec 15, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    astros123 likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

such intellectual dishonesty.

you do understand that

no?​

astros123 likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

An 'American First' policy? Sounds rather Trump-like!

Is the US genuinely exporting inflation? Inflation hit everyone simultaneously, largely due to supply chain issues in my opinion. Consequently, everyone has been aggressive in raising rates to control inflation. While US aggression might necessitate others to keep pace, they likely needed to do so anyway to manage their own inflation. Have the EU, China, Japan, or any other country complained about the 'US exporting inflation' or criticized the US for being too aggressive, forcing their hands and negatively impacting their economies?

The Fed is now signaling a probable rate cut next year. The rest of the world might follow suit to boost their own economies once they have their inflation under control.

PS. This is looking more and more like a soft landing, which is fantastic news... for the US. Once again, I thought the Fed was being too aggressive, but, so far, they have been right, and I was wrong...

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Member

I will be able to tell my grandkids and my great grandkids that I survived 2023 ... the year of the GREAT BIDEN RECESSION.

Amiga likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

The great biden recession where we had above trend GDP growth and record low unemployment..... life must he so hard....

No Worries likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Member

Sneakiest, trickiest recession ever!!!

Amiga likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

i hope that i will be able to tell my grandkids that the US survived the Trump insurrection.

astros123 and No Worries like this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

The economic conditions in the USA are literally 1000x better than any other country. I was in south Asia the other month and gas is well above 4 dollars in most countries while we're spoiled with sub 2.5 gas. We're so fkin entitled in this country its not even funny.

If we vote in a facist in 2024 for literally no reason that will send a greenlight to the rest of the world and there will be no turning back. We have to defeat these MAGAts losers who want to destroy the nation @bigtexxx

11. dmoneybangbang

The problem with Bidenomics is that Biden isn't a salesman or communicator.

12. Commodore

Commodore Member

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Child please.

You should be lecturing the guy who posted the one metric rather than twisting my words piece by piece, and twitch posting like a needy little nerd for hangry for brownie ponts. :rolleyes:

Cheap shot?

You lost money on TSLA right after Powell's remarks that caused a "rising tide [that] lift[ed] all boats." Or was TSLA a bellweather that contributed with the market's recent parabolic run?

It must be a real slow day at the Invisible Fan Fan Club to jump on the remark that the US is the best among G7 and a weak global economy.

Let's look at the Xeet again:

Negative wage growth for all other nations besides 0.2% Canada despite rampant global inflation. I'm sure Canadian workers consider that negative.

US's current inflation rate was 3.14% last month and 3.28% for the "Long Term Average" Did wages grow 6-7% last year? Bidenists hope so if they want to convince Americans they're richer than before, let alone the rest of the world. Because comparing with the rest of the world wins American elections...

Anyhow, does that sound like great news for America next year when our fortunes are still tied with global growth and trade with our allies? Where's China headed?

And yes, being able to print money counts because the UK tried to open the spending spigots under Truss with Bush era stimulus spending/tax cuts only to trigger a gilt crisis with their long term bonds. We can and have titled the scales to our favor, but it's neither sustainable or long term friendly to our allies (see their response to the Inflation Reduction Act).

As for looking at things "bottle-half-empty" (your American "friends", should you have them, would call it glass half empty)...Deal With It.

Your guess of the future is as good as mine. That reply of mine was very tame to the hopium I replied to.

If you need good news to feel safe and smug, then you might need more physical contact to feel that extra sense of validation.

14. juicystream

juicystream Member

Housing costs are indeed still a big problem.

astros123 likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Biden continued many of Trumps China control policies and has even added further towards it. The Inflation Reduction Act is not well liked among our allies.

Biden will not claim credit to America First, but ask yourself what Biden's BBB entails and what he's been selling to the American people. The neoliberal talking points are much more muted now among all of his policies, and that's the key caveat in your line of questioning.

Biden is just accepting the policy shift away from a globalized free trade world with China, and the Russian invasion of Ukraine galvinized the Western Alliance to work on the same page rather than wriggle around trade restrictions.

These are all solid questions. We've gone beyond supply chain issues for at least a year and a half now. For example, price gouging for cars/trucks/SUVs still remain (it's not a chip shortage). Inflation has been a whack-a-mole with the latest culprit being services/wage driven. I guess energy could make a comeback if the ME melts down.

How the United States is exporting inflation to other countries

People like parroting that Debts/Deficits Don't Matter because we have the ability to print as much as we want as the Global Reserve Currency without asking themselves what that really means.

Because the dollar comprises around 3/5ths of the world's currency reserves, it and our treasuries are used in all forms of international transactions and exchanges. Some rando experts on X claim every other currency act as a derivative of the dollar because of its pervasiveness.

So you're asking why doesn't [XYZ] complain about it? With our allies, we coordinate heavily with them just we did during the GFC when Europe went all in on negative interest rates. Japan has been bristling under inflation and their own efforts to control their Yen. BOJ had been doing Yield Curve Control since 2016, but can't if inflation persists. Earlier this year, they were planning on dumping Treasuries to buy their own bonds, but Yellen stepped in because our own deficit spending, instability with the debt ceiling, and the Fed halting QT to purchase assets to shore up the March bank collapse made BOJ's announced plans "ill timed". I mentioned the gilt crisis in UK in another post. Europe is in a similar bind where their actions have to be coordinated with ours. It's not as simple as Econ 101 anymore because of the intentional coupling that accelerated from the GFC.

China could complain (tantamount accusing us of currency manipulation), but what do they have to gain from it? They're dumping Treasuries, but not as a form of economic warfare, rather desperation to shore up their imploding sectors. As long as Treasures are the safest form of collateral, every country values it, sometimes above their own reserves. Instead, they're working with us on the DL as far as the climate allows because actions their central banks take can ripple globally if there are any misunderstandings. Foreign investment has dried up. I don't think anyone wants their financial system to suddenly collapse either.

That could still happen. Call it whatever you want, as "soft landing" or "economic slowdown", but no one knows for sure to what degree or severity it will turn out.

I didn't make predictions in the post you replied to, just things that already happened. Wage growth is a lagging indicator to unemployment/employment numbers which look good right now. The market is mooning right now, which I take in with every grain of skepticism.

The million dollar big brain question is: wHaT hApPeNs To WaGeS aNd JeRbs wEn EcOnoMY sLoWs DoWn?

We have AI and a potential "new economy" and a lot of hopeful things. It's not a slam dunk or straight shot up either.

#1075 Invisible Fan, Dec 15, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    Amiga likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

same old Invisible Fan, cutting/pasting disjointed sources without understanding what they mean

astros123 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Deal With It?

I deal with never-wrong pretends he can fully understand English adoo, so thats my burden to bear. :D

18. astros123

astros123 Member

You would be wise to put him on ignore. He's been wrong for years and still pretends he knows what he's talking about

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Do do what this wise mastermind says @adoo.

I accused him of being a needy fraud because that was his Love Language with everyone months ago, but he couldn't handle what he dished.

Now I live rent free to the point where he sends passive aggressive letters from time to time.

Don't slash my tires freak!

20. astros123

astros123 Member

You don't live in anyone's head?? I've never understood why folks on these forums feel that their more important than they really are. Nobody gives a **** about you?? I've never messaged you or anything ever.

You've been wrong about the economy for months. You're a donk