1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Do you plan on updating your 450+ page impeachment thread which you swore was bound to happen? Any update when biden is getting arrested ? lolol

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

kidding post don’t take serioysly

#2243 LosPollosHermanos, May 17, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

I've done medical retail all my life so your attacks on me don't effect me lol. I also don't give a rats ass if people respect me on a basketball forum or not. I only come here for my pleasure to laugh at dumbass right wingers.

You nor anyone else on these forums can ever properly debate me on actual policy and hold your own. It's always disinformation and conspiracies and when I call you morons out on it you attack me like I care.

You said in the other thread we don't invest at home and we're funneling all of the money overseas and when you get called out on it you pivot to attacking me.

You can put me on ignore and j sincerely won't remember who you are after today.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Whoa chill I was just kidding bro

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Us young folks would rather inflation and interest rates go down. But this is a good thing for the rich and folks near retirement. So kudos to Joe.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

You said in the other thread your wife is close to retirement........

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No, I didn't. I anticipate that we both have 20+ years left in the workforce.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

@astros123 is out here throwing Green. Those fake long eyelashes are getting in the way of facts.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Inflation has gone down.

astros123 likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

in the WSJ today

[​IMG]

Astrodome likes this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Household wealth is at record highs right now....

adoo likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

link should work for everyone

Seven Theories for Why Biden Is Losing (and What He Should Do About It)

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/19/...e_code=1.tE0.jQBO.4WOid9SWGJHD&smid=url-share

excerpt:

It’s not Joe Biden’s poll numbers that worry me, exactly. It’s the denial of what’s behind them.

Among likely voters, Biden is trailing Donald Trump by one point in Wisconsin and three points in Pennsylvania. He’s ahead by a point in Michigan. Sweeping those three states is one route to re-election, and they’re within reach.

Still, Biden is losing to Trump. His path is narrowing. In 2020, Biden didn’t just win Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. He also won Arizona, Georgia and Nevada. Now he’s behind in those states by six points, nine points and 13 points in the latest Times/Siena/Philadelphia Inquirer poll. Have those states turned red? No. That same poll finds Democrats leading in the Arizona and Nevada Senate races. The Democrats are also leading in the Senate races in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

National polls find Democrats slightly ahead of Republicans for control of congress. The “Never Biden” vote now looks larger than the “Never Trump” vote. The electorate hasn’t turned on Democrats; a crucial group of voters has turned on Biden.

This week, the Biden team appeared to shake up the race by challenging Trump to two debates. One will take place early, on June 27. The other will be in September. Biden’s video was full of bluster. “Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020,” he said. “Since then, he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he’s acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal. I’ll even do it twice.”

Biden, it seemed, was calling Trump’s bluff. He wanted the fight. But Biden wants fewer debates, not more. On the same day, he pulled out of the three debates scheduled by the Commission on Presidential Debates for September and October. He rebuffed the Trump campaign’s call for four debates. “I’ll even do it twice” is misdirection. He’ll only do it twice.

This is bad precedent and questionable politics. Debates do more to focus and inform the public than anything else during the campaign. Biden is cutting the number of debates by a third and he’s making it easier for future candidates to abandon debates altogether.

Strategically, it’s easy to see why a candidate in the lead wouldn’t want to blow his margin on a bad debate. That’s why Trump skipped the Republican primary debates. But Biden is behind. He needs opportunities to prove to voters that they are wrong about him. He needs opportunities to persuade them to ditch their nostalgia for Trump. He could have had three chances, or four, maybe more. Now he has two and only one will come after Labor Day, when it matters most.

Biden, in other words, is continuing to run like a candidate who is winning rather than one who is losing. He and the Democrats need a theory of why he’s trailing in the polls and what to do about it. Here are the most obvious:

The polls are wrong. This appears to be Biden’s view. “The polling data has been wrong all along,” he told CNN last week. Axios reports that polling denial is pervasive in Biden’s campaign.

There are two things to say about this. The first is that it’s false. Even as pundits predicted a red wave in 2022, the polls showed Republicans falling short, and they were right. “The polls were more accurate in 2022 than in any cycle since at least 1998,” FiveThirtyEight reported.

The second is that, to the extent polls have been wrong in recent presidential elections, they’ve been wrong because they’ve been biased toward Democrats. Trump ran stronger in 2016 and 2020 than polls predicted.

Sure, the polls could be wrong. But that could mean Trump is stronger, not weaker, than he looks.
    more at the link

16. astros123

astros123 Member

It's just funny how you losers glance over the fact that we had a global pandemic which killed millions. MAGATs want to pretend that 2020 didn't exist and somehow trump should only be graded on his first 3 years.

Trump took over a economy that was already producing job gains for 100+ months straight. Biden took over a economy that had 6 2% unemployment and was shredding jobs

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I see the opposite far more often. Democrats like to ignore that the pandemic happened and say Trump is one of two presidents with negative net job creation while Biden created X million jobs, as though all the people forced out of work by lockdowns were going to never work again. In fact, you are doing it right here, saying Biden took over an economy with high unemployment that was shredding jobs. There was not a Trump policy or something that he reversed after his first three years in office to send the economy into a death spiral, there just happened to be a global pandemic while he was in office. Whoever was president after the pandemic was going to see job gains, because people were allowed to go back to work.

Astrodome likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Come on man.

you are pedaling propaganda at this point. Everything is contracting and we’ve set the stage for the beginning of a depression.

your average American is hurting like they haven’t since…man it’s hard to say either the 70s or 40s

If you hedged it instead of being like “it’s great!!” You would be easier to listen to here, but posting about the stock market etc isn’t a good indicator especially right now.

were looking off the cliff right now

Astrodome likes this.
  19. astros123

astros123 Member

The only reason 2020 was not disaster for America was cuz democrats in the house acted like grown ups and voted for massive stimulus for trump. If the 2020 stimulus didn't happen ( PPP program, checks, unemployment insurance) trump would have lost in a landslide as we would've had a utter collapse of the economy.

Republicans would never give that luxury to biden if it happened today. The senate agreed on the most anti immigration bill in history and trump killed it cuz it would help biden. Republicans play dirty and know how to roll up their sleve while democrats believe in good governoring.

Facts hurt

20. astros123

astros123 Member

Everything is contracting? Youre dumb as hell. More small business have opened right now than any point in history. Manufacturing spending is at record high for past 30 years. We have the fastest recovery anywhere in world

People are so utterly brainwashed and illiterate about the national economy. Stock market has gone up 40% and we have morons who think the economy is about to collapse. Unbelievable

Funny cuz last month we had more record travel than any point in modern history. Somehow folks take vacations when they're struggling

Americans are sincerely the dumbest people in the world @LosPollosHermanos