1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It Was All a Lie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 23, 2022.

1. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Magic got the guy they wanted all along and probably 100 million in Vegas betting money. It was all a scheme. Stone mightve been in on it too

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Orlando playing games and trolling 2 top draft picks is a bad look for them

They think they’re some Lex Luther type genius or something? They just look dumb

Jabari, please have the Magic circled on your calendar

Dacamel likes this.
  4. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

yeah, this could have been a hostage situation where there were 3 number one picks and Magic knew Jabari was clearly the best fit available for for us. It came down to who they perceived as BPA. Slam dunk by Stone

5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Regardless, I think the Rockets did well with their picks and filled the gaps that the Rockets need with their current roster and may have just gotten lucky with Smith falling at No.3. Smith is probably the most versatile on offense and defense compared to Chet & Banchero. Can't wait to watch Sengun, Smith & Green play together.

Have not seen Eason play much but from the highlights but his footwork on defense looks damn impressive!

#65 Magicsaint, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    Dacamel likes this.
  6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

All this talk about Stone acing the draft I agree. But Houston did get lucky w/ Smith dropping to us at #3.

I still want to know what would we do if Chet were available. We would have been screwed.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I still think Chet has biggest bust potential of the 3 but also highest upside.

I think Presti was going to draft Chet no matter what because the abundance of picks they have on top of he's trying to hit a home run within the dozens of picks he has.