1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

it started with cato

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Nov 11, 2010.

1. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

we are always reaching for a new messiah...cato, mo taylor, stevie, vspan, now jordan hill is the flavor of the month...he is ok at best. if dantoni did not play him much and adelman does not play him much...maybe he is just ok and we should trust their expertise

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You're awfully defensive about Rick Adelman -- it's getting to the point to where it's hard to take you seriously. I don't mean to say Jordan Hill is a star, but anytime there is any disgruntlement with Adelman you are the first person to start a thread in his favor.

3. makman

makman Member

I don't think anyone on here is thinking Hill is our next superstar. Solid role player at best. To mention Cato with anyone is disrespect. The only person you named as a possible messiah was Steve.

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

Is it bad to hope for a diamond in the rough?

5. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

i may be defensive about adelman because he is the most proven asset we have. im tired of because a guy is young and plays occassionally well, we start to think that these guys can do it all the time. its ridiculous and tiring and i hope you take that seriously...

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

hill sucks and isn't the answer.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hill actually has to have a monster preseason game to even be mentioned in the same breath as Kelvin "We Want Our Money Back" Cato.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Actually, the problems at the PF spot did start when they ditched Kelvin Cato. On his own, Cato sucked big time but as their starting PF, he took pressure off Yao, provided size and rebounding and could slide over an play the 5 for short periods of time. The Rockets dumped him in the TMac trade for...Juwann Howard. Again for the reading impared, I am NOT saying that getting rid of Cato was a mistake but rather not finding an adequate replacement for what he did for this team WAS a mistake - a huge mistake. It wasn't until Scola fell into their laps that they had ANYONE who could play the 4 at a high level. Hill isn't even as good as Cato was down on the blocks because he doesn't know how to play the position.

9. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

If Jordan Hill started instead of Yao Ming, we would realize we have our future Olajuwon right there. Did you guys see him college? He had that sick baseline shake and three-point range. Plus he once ran all the way across the court and blocked someone. There's a reason Jordan Hill was number 9 in the draft. Most scouts rated him higher than Blake Griffin.

10. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

cause their crack sh~t was f~~~ing awesome?

11. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Why would they take crack? Drugs are illegal.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I get that, but you've specifically started two threads TODAY defending Rick Adelman. I know in the past you've had some inside info, so obviously you're close to RA and/or the situation.

I agree that Adelman has been a great, proven coach throughout his career. But what he did with the Sacramento Kings and Portland Trailblazers shouldn't give him leeway for making some bad coaching decisions this year.

Not playing Jordan Hill is the big one. So much so that even our GM had to sit down with Adelman and talk to him about playing Hill more often. No, Jordan Hill isn't our savior. But for a team lacking any resemblance of defense, playing our best post defender would seem obvious.. and yet it's not to RA.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's been doing that man. Its Rick Adelman or Adelman's wife or somethin.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Dude... did you just put Steve Francis in the same group as Kelvin effing Cato, Maurice effing Taylor, Vassilis effing Spanoulis and Jordan freakin Hill?

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's been doing that man. He is Rick Adelman's son or Adelman's wife or somethin...

16. makman

makman Member

Lol, I was going to mention the monster preseason game. Got to give KCato props though he played solid for a few meaningless games, and got solidly paid for a meaningless career.

17. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

you forgot to add Yao... He was supposed to be it, but turned out to be a massive bust, like the rest of the clowns you mentioned.