1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It must be nice to get paid 72 million for an internship on how to become an NFL quarterback.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Oct 31, 2016.

1. liveguy

liveguy Member

What your saying doenst negate that dude is a OVERPAID turd.

You can spin it how you want, but what he gets paid vs. what he produces is literally stealing. lol

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

if you continue to hang on to his paycheck then you are dense and hopeless. i'll say it one last time, nobody will be happy unless the player and team are playing good period. you want an example, XSF gets killed in here and he's on a rookie contract. he's cheap so why does everyone get pissed off? because his check don't matter that's why. suck is suck no matter the price tag.

now for some real talk, every single player in the league is overpaid for what they do. they dress up in costumes and hit each other for your entertainment FFS.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That accurately describes SOOO many

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It's also because of all the talent we passed on to draft XSF

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems to me somewhere along the way there was some expectation creep?

I very distinctly remember when they signed him hearing repeatedly how he only had 6 starts (or what every it was) and it was going to take some time. By the end of the preseason, people were expecting an all pro type season this year.

I guess there were people who thought "some time" meant "until the end of OTA's".

Am I way off base on this? Am I remembering wrongly? Were realistic, sober people talking about him being a Pro Bowler this year when they signed him in March?

Not saying he'll ever be any good at all, but I honestly had it in my mind somehow that Osweiler was never supposed to be a finished product this year. Maybe the excitement of drafting all the exciting offensive rookies threw expectations for a loop?

Regarding the extreme money to learn how to play the position, isn't that basically the deal that every QB drafted in the top 10 gets?

#27 Ottomaton, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    ipaman likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

According to Texans fans, there's only winning the SB and being an all pro or being mediocre and a scrub. They can't quite conceive of anything in the middle or that things take time.

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

LMAO @ "middle....or things that take time"

Been in the league for like 4 or 5 years

Dude is the WORST starting QB in the NFL....

if he was ranked between 10-20, you would have a point...

But dude is like 31st...lol

He is GARBAGE!

He looked good the last two pre-season games, and first two regular season games....aka before they got the tape on him.

Got exposed in the NE game and has been basura ever since....

Predictable with a long (and bad) throwing motion..
    ZERO touch on his passes (if they aren't being batted down)...
    HORRID decision making throwing in multiple coverage
    Literally throws the ball up in the air and does *prayer hand emoji*

Texans fans are tired of this franchise laisĀ·sez-faire attitude when it comes to one of the MOST important/key positions in football.

Brock is a HUGE mistake and whether you admit it now, or two years from now, you will admit it.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Last season Andrew Luck was the 32nd ranked QB in the league. Sam Bradford was the 26th ranked QB, Jameis Winston was the 28th ranked QB in the league.

Fast forward a year and Luck is back as the 12th ranked QB, Sam Bradford the 6th ranked QB, and Winston still kind of sucks but he's a lot better. Point is, sometimes it takes some time.

Also, and more importantly, even if Brock stays bad, it's only a 2 year deal. Who cares?

ipaman and zeeshan2 like this.
  11. liveguy

liveguy Member

I stopped at Andrew Luck...

Luck played like 7 games, most hurt out of 16 games in the 2015 season....

Where is he ranked as far as the 2016 season after 8 games?

....cut it out.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brock is 3rd worst in QBRating

Even against crappy defenses he didn't do much, ahead of only Gabbert and Fitzpatrick

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are currently complaining about where a QB ranks after 8 games.....but it seems you missed that.

Anyway, my point is that he's not really playing any worse than Blake Bortles, Joe Flacco, or Scam Newton and he hasn't had much help either by a competent O line or by his receivers helping him out by running the right routes, not tipping passes to DB's, or outright dropping would be TD's......and he's essentially a rookie starter who has gone against 3 of the best defenses in the game already.

Is it possible that he doesn't get any better and the Texans have a bad 2 year contract? Sure, but is that really the end of the world? Would they be better off had they drafted Blake Bortles? No.

Sometimes things don't work out, it's not a reason to freak out.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's 12th in QBR

15. liveguy

liveguy Member

And it seems that you missed that Brock Osweiler is ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT QUESTION, not Andrew Luck....

Dopamine likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, I see I was wrong to engage you. Carry on.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is the 2nd worst starting QB in the NFL. The only guy worse is fitz. It doesn't look like he is getting any better. They pretty much stopped letting him pass towards the end of the game and just run the ball every play.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You would say it's a $72 million contract. It goes along with the quality of the rest of your posts.

19. conquistador#11

why would you want to pass the ball when you have a lead and are gaining 6 yards per play? that's very lionesque thinking.

I was/ am curious how the offense would play with savage who has had THREE off seasons in the same offense.
    1/2 of the offense are new to starting. continuity is a must.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's right.

It's only $37 million because he's definitely a bust

He only gets$72m if he somehow manages to be average