1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It might be just me. But i feel James Harden will return someday :,)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leangle25, Jan 19, 2021.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

[​IMG]

Keep dreamin...

sushimaster likes this.
  2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I can kinda feel you, but I don't think he's about to be anyone's Robin, even in NJ. Durant's been putting up shockingly great numbers so far this season, but he's still 32 coming off an achilles injury, and Harden was already arguably the best player in the NBA for four straight seasons before this year. I expect him to try to prove himself as the MVP of that team, and I think that's part of why he wanted to go there -- to prove he was as good as someone like Durant AND win a title en route.

It's only been two games, I know, but the dude is clearly motivated. He's still in off-season shape, and he's putting up 33, 13, and 9 in NJ on efficient shooting.

... So yeah, just wanted to call out the Robin thing lol. People have assumptions about Durant being a better player that I don't think have been valid for several years now, but especially now.

#42 SuperMarioBro, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sidenote: New York is definitely not for everyone. But I agree with the title thing.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they'll make him King of New York

joshuaao likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

TMC Houston.....

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It's just you. I think he will return to Houston after he retired. All Houston night club will be happy.

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Not if Voldemort still owns the team.

8. sheb

sheb Member

I would not want harden in 2 years at $50mil/year

9. rockets13champs

On the bright side it’s 1.5 years till he’s a free agent. Beauty of a mid season trade. I also do feel like he’s gonna come back

10. rockets13champs

We no longer have his bird rights so he would have to sign for much less. Like what Kyrie took with Brooklyn 33M which allows for a lot more flexibility

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Knicks own the Big Apple, Nets only Brooklyn and their Jersey fanbase.

I can't see hardcore Knicks fans rooting for Nets.

sushimaster likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

when the Knicks win the title, they'll make Austin Rivers King of New York. Until then, if James wins, James will rule.

13. rockets13champs

I live in NY. Knicks fan base is super loyal. The Nets fans are only the bandwagon fans/ Brooklyn residents and people from NJ. But even Jersey is split northern NJ is very heavily leaning toward the Knicks.
    Upstate NY, Queens, NYC, Long Island and Northern NJ is heavy on the Knicks.
    Like the Knicks are worth 5.5 Billion. They got a deeper fan base despite being horrible for 15-20 years. Knicks if they had the success of lakers or warriors would be worth 7+ Billion easily
    brooklyn is: new bandwagons, old loyal NJ people, rest of NJ, 85-90% of Brooklyn residents

sushimaster and daywalker02 like this.
  14. Asian Sensation

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still think he's a weirdo who likes his privacy.

Maybe he kept the door open because of friends and business here.

I'm not holding my breath cuz of owner, but it's fun to guess how much these 8 years meant to him

17. Boston84

Boston84 Member

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

James loves nightlife.

19. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I'm not trying to make a compelling argument for James Quitter Harden to come back to Houston.
    I'm just saying it's possible and in this day in age you can't rule it out.
    Just like in a million years I couldn't imagine this mofo throwing this 'random city' called Houston, that idolized and supported his fat azz, under the bus...but here we are.

Anyways, you say NBA guys need attention and shoe deals to make millions...wasn't he already getting that here?
    Last I remember he had a shoe deal with Adidas, offered the highest contract renewal (but he turned it down), had all the attention and support of all the adoring fans (and strippers) here in this great city.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Root for them to win a championship. He could come back but it’s in the unlikely category