1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is so clear now...We have too many players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by opticon, Nov 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

now we're too deep to be good? LMFAO

2. Sanity2disChaos

I do agree that Lee should get alot more minutes than he has been thus far. He was a starter for more games than Bud and his game is hands down better than Buds (and Battier) as well. Eventually, if given more opportunities to play he will be inserted into a (maybe starting) lineup of.....

Lowry - (defensive player )
    Lee - (def./off)
    Martin - (off.)
    Scola - (off./def.)
    Yao/Miller/hayes/hill - (whoever we need that night-off./def.)

with a lineup like this you have two players in the backcourt that can play defense and score when needed. you have your scoring wing (< we desperately need) and power forward in place. Also depending on the night/injuries/who we play , a few centers to throw in the mix.

thus our depth is very important and necessary...it is written.

But a trade for Iggy and/or Jackson should still be closely looked at.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the amount of depth early on was a bit of a handicap as players are trying to sort out their roles while sharing playing time. I think though we are gradually seeing this sort it self out as people start getting injured. The key is to figure out how to keep players sharp so they can come in and contribute big at a moment's notice. As other posters noted we are the Rockets and given our history of injuries we are probably going to need that depth.

4. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Scola does not play any defense, but he does rebound. He needs to try harder on defense.

I agree Bud is terrible on defense and should not be getting a lot of playing time until his shooting improves.

Iggy replacing Battier like you say would be awesome too!

Lee & Ish Smith need more playing time.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

So is Ginobli. So what?

I'm not saying that Brooks should come off the bench because Lowry is better -- I'm saying that Brooks should come off the bench because it's a better fit for our current team. Whether or not Brooks could start for teams is irrelevant to this conversation.

6. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Lee has shown he can ball in big games (playoff w/ Orl). Bud is still a bit young ... not that he deserves to sit, but if someone has to, I might choose him.

7. Sanity2disChaos

Yeah Scola can improve on "D" but I wouldnt say he is a liability on defense either. I would agree that Ish can only improve if given more PT and eventually could be a good backup on any team one day (if not the rockets).
    Bud at this point of his career is too inconsistent (as most shooters are) to even be considered a starter and his defense is not even worth talking about.......smh!

The point is that we dont need to make any drastic changes to our line-up but need to get a few players (defensive minded first and tough) to help balance this team. I think we are a little soft this year compared to last.

8. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

I agree with the above Lee commentary. Lee should get more minutes
    and Battier less. I would love it if Lee started and Shane was off the bench.
    CBud needs to start hitting the outside shot otherwise Lee needs to take
    some of his minutes.

9. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

We'll be fine...

I think the losing streak had more to do with guys adjusting and building chemistry with each other. Things like that happen, especially this early in the season.

10. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Lee should not be starting but starting Lowry full time would be a brilliant decision that would balance out the first and second teams. Battier is too old to be explosive off the bench, he should be a stabilizer in the starting lineup.

All that needs to be said: You can't maximize AB when he's playing with KMart.