1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is so clear now...We have too many players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by opticon, Nov 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. makman

makman Member

While I'm a big bud fan, and I know you are too. Lee can play SF just as well as bud can.

1 person likes this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It says he played 23 min in the box score. Did he get hurt?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No he can't....Lee is way too short to play SF....he is 6'5"...but is 6'7"...Shane is 6'8".....

Lee is an athletic SG, that is it.

DD

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

If Bud actually played bigger/taller than Lee on defense, I'd agree, but he absolutely does not. I think we would get same or better results with Lee at backup 3 as Bud.

5. DaDakota

I disagree, but I like Lee too....

One of these days, Shane will be the odd man out, but not yet.

DD

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No he scored 6 points I think Pop sat him in favor of Bonner who was on fire.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wonder what Bud's trade value is...

8. makman

makman Member

Height doesn't matter when the player blows by you. Bud lacks the lateral quickness and when he's not shooting it well he's more or less not worth being on the floor.

9. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

We do not have to many players we just have to many players that suck plain & simple

10. makman

makman Member

I agree with that, hope that day is sooner than later. Honestly if it wasn't for the leadership I'd bench him in a heartbeat.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Budinger has the size and hops to play defense. What I can't understand is why he DOESN'T DO IT. After all isn't he supposed to be the black Larry Bird?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lack of lateral quickness and strength.

13. DaDakota

His D has been pretty good this year, getting blocks and rebounding well, lots of improvement for those that are looking.

His ankle injuries though are a concern.

DD

14. PeppermintCandy

With Brooks and Budinger out, there are more minutes for defensive-minded players in the rotation. This better defense I think results in wins vs. lower-tier teams that have a tendency to implode under pressure (like Indiana and New York). However, the lack of offensive weapons will probably be hard to overcome against better teams in the league.

Adelman's got a tough job figuring out this rotation.

2 people like this.
  15. DaDakota

Pay attention folks, this is a man who gets it.

Well said...

DD

16. makman

makman Member

If were trying to be a top-tier team we need D and having every decent pg and sf in the league light us up gets us nowhere, we don't have that much offense. Brooks is always and up and down player only thing consistent about him is his lack of D.

1 person likes this.
  17. Raven

Raven Member

Actually, you argued all Summer long that the Rockets did not need Carmelo (or any star), and that our glorious depth would be enough to make us contenders.

I like our depth, but we need to kill two birds with one stone by trading some of our assets for an upgrade.

1 person likes this.
  18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lee should be starting right now with Kyle Lowry with Martin rotatiing defensively to the opponent's weakest link.

For instance, tonight, the Knicks had Landry at G and Gallinari at SF. Sure Gallinari is 6'10", but he was playing face up from the perimeter. I would have been all for having Lee on him. The mismatch on the other end offensively would have been more in our favor and Lee is active enough to overplay Gallinari.

Lee should be starting with Lowry and Battier should come off the bench with Yao and Brooks when those guys get healthy.

1 person likes this.
  19. PeppermintCandy

On the other hand, Brook's offense has carried this team more than a few times. Fortunately, we haven't needed him these past few games.

But I do like the balance of offense and defense in the starting lineup with Lowry as starting PG so far.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For sure.