1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is official, Harden the laziest guard at NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryfans, Nov 19, 2013.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

that stat is very misleading its per 48 minutes.. one can come in 20 minutes a game and run around like a chicken and he'll still be looking good using this stat..

distance traveled is already a stupid stat but distance traveled per 48 is worse even moronic so any fan who uses this to guage the "lazyness" of their superstar is delusional and psychotic LOFs

2. Grinds

Grinds Member

Who said posters haven't tweeted?

Players and management read messageboards. The complaints could be motivational.

It would be the same response you missed from my first post. "What was the excuse last season?"

Would want players to play, BUT it's on the owners. They SHOULD give discounts when key players are hurt. Half price food, future discounted tickets, etc. The food prices are so much of ripoff anyway.

Not sure how long this has been going on, but the last ~15 years has been the ongoing LOF, YOFs fans vs The Fanbase.... an endless clash of overdramatic opinions. Things were fine pre-Yao.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lock this POS thread up.

4. howo13579

howo13579 Member

yea please go tell Les to give us free tickets. You think NBA's a charity?

5. Remii

Remii Member

Besides Tony Parker _ I don't see any other star players in that top 10 which means this is a stat that is much to do about nothing. So does this mean Tony Douglas is better than Harden....???? Lol... Tony Parker, Green, and JJ run around a lot of screens on offense. So guys in offenses like that run around more. The Rockets have a stand in the corner offense if you don't have the ball. Also besides Tony and JJ _ the rest of the guys in the top 10 are low minute guys and or non starters. Harden gets a lot of minutes. You should show the complete list so we can compare Harden to other heavy minutes guys who the offense goes through on their teams.

6. Gil

Gil Member

What a stupid thread.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Got the team to the playoffs as a first year starter with a team full of bench players... Excuse for what...????

8. howo13579

howo13579 Member

wow thanks for the response. I know he's dealing with injury this season but please don't argue with me him ball watch on D is because he's injured. And for the record i've never started a thread about Harden's lack of effort. But during discussion I find it hard when someone pointed that out, some of you liked to say he's the best player that's why "he can take a pass". Just like some fans went out of their asses making excuses for Lin earlier last season. Fans can whine all they want. I don't feel the need to sign up a twitter account just to send him a twit. Like he doesn't know he sucks at defense. It all depends whether he wants to or not.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I really hope they dont read this messageboard. After the whole Schaub thing and seeing Rockets "fans" tear apart every single player on the roster constantly wouldn't make me want to play in Houston if I heard how the fans could get here if I was a star player.

Did I ever say there was an excuse for his horrible defense at any point ever... no. I agreed with you that his defense sucks and needs improvement to be at an MVP level... whats the point of complaining about it constantly... its common knowledge at this point. However the silver lining is alot of star players have had early moments in their career where they have done the exact same thing for sometimes 4 or 5 seasons.

Go back and look at footage from Kobe's early years. This isn't anything new. The only positive thing here is that James at least knows its an issue and has addressed it out in the open. Not sure if there is anything you or I can add to the situation at this point other than just to watch for improvement when healthy.

This is impossible to do. There is something all businesses do called revenue forecasting. You can't change pricing at the last minute that has forecast-ed revenues. It affects your entire revenue stream. Now if Harden & Howard broke their legs in November and were out for the rest of the season, I could see promotions coming out outside of the 90 day window, but no stable business would make these kinds of rash changes to their pricing & revenue on a whim.

Been a Houstonian all my life (even though Im currently a road warrior at the moment), and seen alot of Houston teams. There are much worse fan-bases in the country for sure. However, we are talking about the same sports crazed city that has dealt with the 93 Oilers/Bills comeback game, the disappointing 2005 Astros World Series(damn you Bobby Jinx), and the disappointing finale of Hakeems career as a rocket. Not to mention this years Texans team.

Trust me... Houston sports fans know how to focus on the negative. But the fact that the Rockets have a 3 + year window to win big shouldn't be taken for granted. After everything this fanbase has been through... a little less hate and negativity would be nice for a change.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

post a pic of your ticket first

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

The laziness. Are you following the thread?

There's probably never been a team in league history with a top 5 scorer and rebounder (different players) who missed the playoffs. James did well overall last season, but he was lazy. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

James can still improve. I'm just not going to assume injury is the sole reason for a "lazy theory" this year. Is that not a reasonable take?

12. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Are you sure feet are important to movement?

13. durvasa

durvasa Member

Harden is just a bad defender this year, and it has as much to do with his lack of focus as it does any physical issues.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ugh. I saw that guy with no legs get to the olympics! What's Haren's excuse??

15. Grinds

Grinds Member

Rocket fans don't tear apart every player. It's mainly Lin and Yao due to the overhype"ment" from their fans. Schaub is a completely different long story that goes deeper than him.

Which players have done this?

Kobe entered the league at 18, Harden was 23 last year. Kobe never played lazy on defense. He may've been subpar, but never lazy. Harden can still improve.

No, it's very possible.. they just won't. It's called greed. You really think Les would miss 5 games of half price consessions for Harden to heal? Or $5 off parking? The fan always gets screwed.

Okay wasn't sure if you were just talking Rockets. Houston on whole is pretty bad, but I can't blame them given the heartbreak, some of which you mentioned. We might be a Jordan retirement from being Cleveland.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

[​IMG]

17. Grinds

Grinds Member

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

yeah distance traveled is so important to being an NBA superstar :rolleyes:

especially distance traveled per 48min

it is official, LOF's are delusional

19. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Plus giving career high for opposite shooting guard.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Ridiculous.