1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It’s settled: Gary Clark rocks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Oct 9, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its ok their games depend on each other we need them all on the floor together to win, or at least harden and cp3

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

His jumpshot is pure beauty. I want him shooting threes more

dje243, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Dude definitely should be getting minutes.

I'd be tempted to start him and PJ at the forward spots …

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know if he should start at the 3 yet, but i already like him more than Melo.

Sorry Chris.

5. basketballholic

Probably the most efficient player we had last night.

hakeem94, ROXTXIA, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  6. jboslett

jboslett Member

Plays hard. Good athlete. Can shoot. Agree with folks saying he should be getting minutes, not just for now but for later in the season (should we be involved in the playoffs).

DonKnock likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's like our other players let all the air out of the balloon. Last year everyone was sharp and focused. CP3 wanted to show he could advance in the playoffs (and get paid). Capela wanted to improve (and get paid). Green was on the couch and wanted to show he could still play. Harden wanted to win and get MVP. Anderson wanted out of here. Gordon is out there trying but he seems aware his name is floating out there in trade rumors.

This is Clark's chance. While the rest of the team is trying to summon some G-A-F, he's zeroing in.

hakeem94, craguin, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are right. Now CP, Clint got paid. Green can sleep in a bed.

13 in 33 likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Clint seems like he's shaking off the lethargy a bit. But all these other guys who can't throw the ball in the ocean if they were sitting in a rowboat. I mean, we've all seen a case of "the shanks", but what's going on is ridiculous. A team predicated on shooting layups and threes can't make either.

So, if Clark has to be one of our few bright spots, God bless him. I try not to be Chicken Little, but this season is spiraling nowhere, fast.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Clark has a golden chance to jump ahead on the roster similar to how Parsons jumped into the starting spot his rookie year (not saying they're the same player). Ennis is hurt and wasn't playing well healthy and MCW and GG are playing really badly, and Melo just can't play defense at all anymore. He's our only potential 3&D player on the roster and we need one badly.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's not even complicated here. I don't know how good he can be. I don't even care at this point. He's clearly better than Ennis and MCW. So play him. Simply because he's the best option.

RudyTBag and DonKnock like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gary Clark to me looks like the kind of player you hope to get at the back end of the 1st round. A guy that can "crack the rotation" of a good team. Not saying a "starter", just a "rotation" player. That is a HIT on a draft pick. That's the kind of player the Rockets probably hoped they would get with Sam Dekker. I never liked that pick, but whatever.

Anyway, Clark went undrafted but is a late 1st value. Great job by the Rockets scouting department to identify him. With a team potentially tight on picks and salary wiggle room, being able to identify these types of players are key to moving forward in adding quality youth to the team.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. wesbound

wesbound Member

He's starting to look a Covington to me. Get him some minute before we let him go like we did w/ covington.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Clark shooting 38.5% from 3 on 2.6 attempts per game.

And from watching all of his minutes, he's had some late clock dump off attempts as well that are hurting his average.

This guy can really shoot.

Deuce and HTX Ninja like this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I've been more impressed with his rebounding ability . He looks like our best rebounder at the 3/4 after PJ . (Incomplete grade for ennis because he got hurt after only 3 games )

He's got a good motor and while he will make rookie mistakes , if he can keep rebounding and shooting he is exactly what we need .

I also liked his post D

theimpossibles1 and DonKnock like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He isn't hesitating in his shot. Looks confident. And even on his misses they are very close. He also boxes-out very well and uses his body like PJ Tucker. And he is sneaky with some weak-side shot blocking. Just some nice overall offensive and defensive tools.

RudyTBag, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He has slow feet but he's quicker than Hartenstein and Anthony. Should consume those minutes. And Chriss'.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Clark already getting minutes down the stretch!

Deuce likes this.
  20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He’s a ****ing scrub.

But he’s our scrub and I like him for now.

hakeem94 likes this.