1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s settled: Gary Clark rocks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Oct 9, 2018.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The odd thing about Clark is that in the 7 wins he has played in, he has shot 29% from the field and 27% from 3. And yet the team is 116 to 101 with him on the floor (21.8mpg in wins).

Imagine how well we will play when he finds his shot more consistently (38.3% from deep in his 4 years at college, including 43.5% his senior year). It's not like his percentages are down because he has a slow release, he has a very quick release. Probably just that standard adjustment it takes to get used to playing at the highest level.

TheRealAllpro, fattz, kevtse and 10 others like this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yup I agree 100%. I think he’s trying to get used to having the green light all the time from 3 also. It seems like he is hesitating a bit, but I think he will get his rhythm over the next 10 games now that he’s pretty firmly locked into his role.

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I can’t believe he wasn’t drafted in the late second round coming off a 44% senior season from distance.

He’s what all teams should be looking for in 2nd round picks if their not taking a flyer on a Ero guy.

6’8 guys with above avg defense that can shoot threes.

The odds of you landing a Draymond Green, manu, Gilbert Arenas or even chandler parsons in the 2nd round is slim.

Grab guys who can be potential 8 man rotation players.

Morey is pretty damn good at finding guys in the 2nd round.

Hartenstein looks like another and I think the Melton pick even though he’s gone was solid and would have given us rotation minutes before his rookie contract was up.

But Clark has serious starter level 3&d potential and what’s unique about him is he’s a pretty good weakside shotblocker and that’s huge in a switching defense like ours to still have some decent rim protection when teams drag Capela out the paint which they all want to do.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

He reminds me of Harrison Barnes in GSW once he knocks down his 3s more consistently which he will soon. Same frame, solid defensivelyz, and even looks similar.

Crashlanded19 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I call him Marlo because he looks like Marlo.

[​IMG]

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m excited to watch this kid. I feel like he has one of those 8 threes/5 blocks sort of games that really announces his arrival to the NBA and the city of Houston. Please Gary, take that bargain 4-year deal that Daryl Morey has undoubtedly slid your way. :D

I’m also oddly thrilled about the way James Ennis is playing. Now that his role is more defined, it seems that he is hitting ALL the marks that Ariza used to, but he is drilling his threes at a higher clip too. (AND he gets out on the fast break like a MFer) I wasn’t sure If he would be able to stop his fouling, but it seems he has wisened up, because he is looking like a defensive savant these last few games with his close outs and switches. He was suffocating Klay unlike anything I’ve seen in quite a while.

All in all, I feel like we are going to wish he was here long term on a bargain contract, whether we upgrade at SF or not.

DonKnock, hakeem94 and Deckard like this.
  7. macan

macan Member

BIG D Gary!

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden mentioned early on that Clark looked nervous. So once he gets a little more comfortable, that percentage should rise. Like you said, he is taking the shots without hesitation.

D-rock, DonKnock and RudyTBag like this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Who are these people saying Gary isn't athletic?

His head is at the bottom of the backboard on this block

D-rock likes this.
  10. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

This rook been mia the last few games man :( we need you back.

shvedsucks, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He also needs to find his shot, manufacture more Offense.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Overhyped. Needs another season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He’s a temporary rotational player at this point

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

He needs more than just 2 shots. Looking at you Harden and Paul.

15. fattz

fattz Member

He needs a real contract, ASAP. Just sign the long and low one, please.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Apparently he also bricks.

DD

shvedsucks likes this.
  17. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Didn’t realize he’s shooting so bad Eric Gordon level, below .400 overall and below .300 from 3. He should get more minutes though to see if he can do more

#278 shvedsucks, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As much as we like Gary Clark for his professionalism and being a nice low maintenance role player....just remember he still is a rookie. He is going to have uneven play. There are going to be ups and downs.

anchel likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member