1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What's funny is I've seen this same talking point by another poster here and elsewhere on social media. Here is my response then and now again.

Vaccine "instructs" your immune systems to attack pathogen. That's it. Someone with a basic lack of understanding would assume it provides 100% immunity or that it prevents all infection or that it prevents all spreading. That's simply impossible given we are not all the same.

Your projection is top-notch.

What a dumbass.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm not saying that at all. It's just odd that for the past many months the absolute only thing you have posted for the most part has been a series of cartoons, and no where did @NewRoxFan abuse you of plagiarism. He never said you copied anything. He simply said you went through youtube videos to come up with your recent diatribes.

You seem awfully triggered this week.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like how Democrats are evil Stalinist who want to keep mandates forever.
    Democratic governors lift mandates. Democrats are just spineless political hacks who are just pandering to people.

Although I did call it that there would be people on the right accusing them of lifting mask mandates too early.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

LOL... trust me... no one here is claiming you have created the endless sew of cartoons you have posted here.

6. NewRoxFan

This is pretty much the situation...

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is more examples of why we are so messed up. Mandates are coming down because the numbers of new infections are dropping. It’s what everyone wants yet many can’t just take the win.

They have to argue about “freedom” and “Stalinism” and etc. and that politicians are only doing this because their side is fighting back. What does matter why they are doing it if it’s what you want?

rockbox likes this.
  8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

political outrage is a sport. They like being mad at the other side. They want to “win” or own the other side.

rockbox, fchowd0311 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Because the why is actually the important part here, and the whole virus agenda, relatively speaking, is not and never was. Freedom to live free from the uncontested domination and control of a pathologically self absorbed, megalomaniacal, misguided, incompetent and clearly depraved globally collectivist establishment "elite" is far more important than any short term reaction that is promoted or deescalated around this current version of the coronavirus, which has been infecting humans in different strains for far longer than any of us have been alive, and will continue to do so through future strains long after all of us are dead and gone.

10. Gioan Baotixita

Add to this, now that the political tides are turning against these Dems, and the people are rising up everywhere with rebellions, they have no choice but to stop this bullshiet. The funniest part is we have posters in here and the Dems crediting the end of these mandates to the numbers of infections going down and the efforts of their braindead Brandon.

Can’t make this up if you wanted to. Their dishonesty and tone deafness will cost them dearly this year as well as 2024.

MojoMan likes this.
  11. Gioan Baotixita

You are full of shiet. You’ve said you voted Republican, but it seems like every one of your posts you sided with the Dems. Why not just come out and admit that you’re one of them. I hate sharing Florida with jokers like you, we got lucky with DeSantis. It could have easily been that gayass crack smoking Andrew Gillum or the shape shifting loser Charlie Chris whom you supported.

12. Rileydog

dont forget, the numbers going down are fake. They aren’t even Covid cases to begin with.

durvasa, rockbox and rocketsjudoka like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thank you for eloquently making my point for me.

Also I’m fascinated they there is a “virus agenda”. Amazing how things that we aren’t even certain if they’re actually alive have a political agenda.

14. Rileydog

@rocketsjudoka - There you have it. Who cares about the actual mandate, the virus, the illness, the hospitalizations, the deaths. What matters is calling the other side psychopaths blah blah blah. THAT is the win. The battle isn’t against Covid. It is against the evil LEFT. These people aren’t about to celebrate Covid coming down, mandates coming down. No, it’s about the fight. No fight, no win. No fight, no anger, no ownage, no self righteousness, no hating other side. Sadly, this post summarizes it perfectly.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I would have thought not, too, with regards to the bolded sections. But I would have been wrong. That is quite obviously exactly what they are doing. They are apparently without any sense of shame at all. As if there was a need for any further demonstration of that.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  16. Gioan Baotixita

Numbers going up and down and that’s the nature of viruses. These fukkers in charge wanted to control nature and failed miserably as demonstrated with the current pandemic. Only fools and scared rabbits believe in their narrative. People with balls and brains have figured this out a long time ago and will not comply with bullshiet.

Go ahead and live your life like a scared rabbit, free people will laugh at you when they see you alone in your vehicle with 2 face muzzles covering your pie hole.

#96 Gioan Baotixita, Feb 11, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    MojoMan likes this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The mandates are slowly going away because (a) no one likes them including those who felt they were necessary as a public health measure, and (b) they no longer seem necessary given where we are at with infection rates and our ability to cope with them. If there's another surge with a deadly variant and we (including our hospitals) are not sufficiently protected against it because of all the people who refuse to get vaccinated, the mandates may return.

Invisible Fan and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We have to quit using spin to defend useless imaginary trenches.

Numbers are dropping, but approval ratings are dropping faster. Biden tried declaring victory before Delta only to see his numbers crumble after Delta ripped across the nation.

Something similar could happen (which is why Biden/CDC are still taking a cautious stance) but blue state govs see the numbers and they're folding their tents.

People are like, "I did my bit, I'm ready to bite the bullet of (re-)infection and move on."

I don't blame them. The Crisis flag has been waved for two years and most of America is obviously not at-risk of death anymore. We're not at herd immunity but those who want to play a role in that still can.

If more ivermectin rubes will take the dice roll of whatever the odds are with the new variant, that's on them.

I feel for the <5% immunocompromised, but they already live in a bubble state and it'd be like shifting risk of something like covid to something else like flu/cold/tetanitus/rubella/mrsa/etc

durvasa likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LMAO who wants to own those ugly ass cartoons?

I got some pixel art to sell. (__!__)

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member