1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Israel's insanity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by insane man, Dec 27, 2008.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That crazy old Bible -- will the shenanigans ever stop ?

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Why?

Hamas has been shelling Israel all along.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I believe it has been stated by more than one "author" at different time periods. Second, forever has only one definition. The "authors" meant many many generations, just as the word was stated.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm curious, do you have any references to back this up. It is my understanding that it is a crime in the Muslim world to print the Quran with any alterations at all. Also, it is not considered the true Quran unless it is in Arabic, so different translations do not count.

5. insane man

insane man Member

the rockets killed 0 people recently. israel killed 250 people today.

how is it equal?

6. Rashmon

So the Hamas rockets were fake?

7. insane man

insane man Member

they didn't kill anyone. yet idf just killed 225 plus wounded a couple hundred probably bringing total death count to near 300. in one day.

were those deaths fake? did they help the peace process? will they create security and peace?

or will they help livni win? frankly i'll take her over netanyahu in a heartbeat. but whats the difference if he's going to act so brutally.

yes the rockets coming out of gaza were completely wrong. doesn't mean this isn't way worse. 0 deaths versus 225 confirmed plus probably reaching 300. the numbers don't lie. and it does nothing but ignite hundreds of thousands of kids who've grown up in refugee camps all their life. and who's parents have grown up in refugee camps.

8. Rashmon

The Hamas rockets were not intended to kill?

9. insane man

insane man Member

yes and attempted murder is different from murder.

proportionality is a doctrine required by law.

10. Rashmon

So when Israel retaliates it should be as inept in their attacks?

11. insane man

insane man Member

it doesn't have the right to retaliate as if its citizens were killed. because they weren't.

if you beat me up, i can't ask for the death penalty to be imposed can i?

12. Rashmon

Hamas rockets target Israeli civilians.

From the Houston Chronicle:

"More than 400 people were also wounded. Most of the casualties were security forces, but Palestinian officials said at least 15 civilians were among the dead."

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. insane man

insane man Member

yes. they killed tons of civilians along with many others. so? policemen dont count as civilians, but tons of them were killed. how are they a legitimate target? and i've read upwards of 1/3rd were civilians. seen several pictures of dead kids. but im sure they were legitimate targets too.

also just a couple things from haaretz.
    here

frontpage of haaretz

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Israel will always have its apologists no matter how many innocent Palestinians they kill, no matter how much land they illegaly occupy, no matter how much racism they practice, and no matter how much collective punishment they enforce. They do this all with full American support. The Israeli regime shares many characteristics with apartheid South Africa, but is much worse.

16. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

good for israel, the rockets have been flying ever since the "cease fire" ended. Innocent lives are lost/destroyed on both sides, and this conflict will not end for a long long time. i hope israel doesnt back down either.

sucks to see most of the board is against israel and their right to defend their land, but its expected.....nice thread title :rolleyes:

17. insane man

insane man Member

innocent lives weren't lost in israel.

/broken record until people stop lying.

18. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh and his Islamist group, which has controlled the coastal territory since June 2007, vowed revenge including suicide bombings in Israel's "cafes and streets."

why dont you sign up?

19. insane man

insane man Member

because unlike you, i don't believe in violence.

but cute reply. big defender of killing palestinians are we?

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As far as I can tell, as long as their choice of targets is designed to directly impede the production and launching of rockets, their response is perfectly and totally legal.

Oh, btw:

[rquoter]
    Hamas fired more than 70 rockets and mortars into Israel killing one person and injuring four, according to a new Israeli army toll.

[/rquoter]

So now that Hamas has killed Israelis you're cool, right?