1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israelis killed in Bulgaria bus terror attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 18, 2012.

1. trustme

trustme Member

Netanyahu saying Iran is behind these attacks with no evidence whatsoever is as credible as ahmadenijad saying Israel is responsible for shark attacks.

2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

why do you assume he has no evidence?

3. Apps

Apps Member

I think the fact that you are fixating on this trivial matter of semantics goes to show that you don't really care about the lives of those innocents either. It seems like you're more concerned with carrying out your crusade on these boards than with the innocent lives of those Israeli tourists.

You want to know the truth? Nobody likes it when people die, but people are dying all the time. When people die like this, yes, it is outrageous, but what do you want us to do? Write a letter to Washington expressing said outrage? Log onto an internet message board and express our fuming anger? The reason why the "Qur'an burning" threads gain so much steam is because there's actually something to debate. What the hell is there to debate or discuss when innocent people are killed?! It's bad and terrible, obviously.

Now when Mathloom comes in here to express his sorrow for the lost lives of these innocents, you can go ahead and play the semantics-game with him too, all the while calling him an extremist/Islamist/terrorist or what have you, all while being completely unaware of the fact that you are constantly undermining your own moral ground--at least whatever illusion you have of one.

6 people like this.
  4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

If we all followed the doctrine of 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you', the world would be a better place...but then again, their will always be the minority of sadistic individuals that would be against a peaceful harmonious existence.

5. AMS

AMS Member

Well said. Must read post.

6. trustme

trustme Member

Did he present us with any legitimate evidence that he may have?

7. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Why should he? Not all world leaders are as loose with intel as president spatchcock.

8. trustme

trustme Member

Did he say that at least he does have legitimate evidence that it was Iran?

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

Take a stab in the dark...what group of people do you think are responsible for this attack?

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, kid, you already have someone claiming that it is as likely that Iran had something to do with this as Israel having sent out sharks.

Thus, your post is rendered invalid - someone wants to debate who this actually was, clearly showing his own bias in the process.

You were saying there is nothing to debate? Wrong.

Nice try, though.

11. Northside Storm

I love this thread. We have off-hand references to irrelevant material from someone who improperly sourced the fact that Islam loves sodomy, followed by someone who claimed the moral high ground by saying LOL I expressed my internet condolences online, despite the fact that he made the same "I wait for evidence" argument---well, unless it's the dastardly Persians.

it'd be hilarious if it wasn't par for the course these days.

1 person likes this.
  12. Northside Storm

Paging Mr. "Above all personal references, you lose once you go off the argument", we need your calm-headed "above it all" passive-aggressive style to post BAD things about Mr.Obama and his failure to REVALUE the American dollar.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E37c-RncXG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The hair seems fake.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I was supposed to be outraged by an event I hadn't heard of in a country I'd completely forgotten about? At least the guy in Florida lived in my country, made me look bad by some tenuous connection of shared nationality, and subject to the laws that I supposedly help create through our mode of democratic politics. I have no connection at all, even imaginary, to Bulgarians or Israelis, and I'm supposed to be outraged? The closest I can get is mildly insulted that you'd start a thread insinuating I should be outraged, and mildly annoyed that CF.net allows these threads be made without censure.

2 people like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

What I find more unsettling is that the suspect used forgeries of a US passport and drivers license to travel on. Either Bulgaria's border and custom's controls are just bad or else these are very good forgeries. If the latter is the case that doesn't bode well for US security.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Interesting. The leftist would like to silence discussion he doesn't like. We have seen that before...

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Looks like the suicide bomber was previously in Guantanamo. People who think the detainees in Guantanamo are simply innocent victims should think again (I still think that they should get their due process rights, but many of these guys are simply ticking timebombs, fueled by their fanatical Islamist ideology).

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/glob...r-identified-former-guantanmo-detainee/54793/

Swedish officials are denying Bulgarian news reports that say that the suicide bomber who killed five Israeli tourists yesterday has been identified as Mehdi Ghezali, a Swedish citizen who spent two years in the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay. The news agency Sofia says he was identified after fingerprints found at the scene were submitted to the FBI and Interpol. There was no official comment or confirmation from the local authorities, however, the story was being reported in Israeli media.

This 2009 story by Michael Moynihan in The Weekly Standard provides more details on Ghezali background and arrests. Ghezali was well know to American intelligence officials ever since he was first captured during the Battle of Tora Bora, Afghanistan, in 2001. After spending two years in the Cuban prison, the Swedish lobbied for his release, arguing that he was just a confused student of Islam in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was turned over to the Swedish government on promises that he would not be watched over, but he was never charged with a crime. However in 2009, he was arrested again while trying to sneak into Pakistan with several others who were carrying cash, maps of Western targets, and explosive belts. The arrest was seen as a warning that some Gitmo detainees were being released only to return to fold of terrorist organisations.

The man who was believed to be Ghezali was seen on security camera footage inside the Burgas airport, shortly before going outside and detonating his bomb next to a bus filled with Israeli tourists. The suspect was also accused of carrying a U.S. passport and a Michigan drivers license, though both were considered forgeries. Israeli government leaders have blamed the attack on Iranian-backed Hezbollah terrorists.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have to fully quote this unbelievably telling post.

Bolded parts:

1) The arrogance of an ignorant, leftist American. "Why would I care, I can't even find this country on a map" :rolleyes:

2) Why would you want this censored? Because you would rather not see issues discussed which do not support your leftist dream world? I can literally see how it makes you angry that people are even allowed to discuss things which do not support your constant "it has nothing to do with religion", "it's a religion of peace", "freedom of religion means everyone can force their women into whatever they want to cover them with" ideologically blinded rants.

Tell us again, why exactly do you want this CENSORED? It's one thing to say you don't care to discuss the topic, but you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why you want to suppress discussion...and the fact that it even takes place makes you angry.

20. AMS

AMS Member

I still don't see how this has anything to do with Iran or Hezbollah.

Oh, and

The Swedish Security Service responded with a brief statement that Ghezali was not the bomber.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/sapo-avfardar-rykte-om-misstankt-svensk/