1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Israeli documents show a deliberate policy of keeping Gazans hungry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pharaoh King, Nov 10, 2010.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It must always be kept in mind that just as the US was the midwife for the Taliban, the Israelis pushed Hamas in its infancy as they saw it as a counterweight to Arafat and the PLO.

Blowback is a b****. Hopefully US blowback in Pakistan does not poison the entire planet.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's shocking how the left construes even terrorism against Israelis to be the fault of Israel.

Can anyone explain the alliance between leftists and islamists, and the common hate against Israel? I mean...where does that come from?

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

WITHOUT killing Gazans? They almost certainly can't, but that hasn't stopped them before. They have starved Gazans. They have shot innocent people on a flotilla. Hundreds died during Operation Cast Lead. All in the name of catching Hamas.

To answer in a different way, they can do it without killing more non-Hamas Gazans than they usually do. In any case, according to Israel, being linked to Hamas is enough to get shot, and basically every Gazan is somehow linked to Hamas.

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

That's what I meant when I said Israel sucks lol. The cities are beautiful and so are the women. :p

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why do you hate Israel so much?

6. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

It's shocking that you would make such an ignorant statement. Israel legitimized Hamas in the 1970's and 1980's to counter PLO influence.

http://online.wsj.com/article/NA_WSJ_PUB:SB123275572295011847.html

7. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Why do you hate Muslims so much?

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't.

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

hahahahhaha

10. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Why do you lie so much?

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't. But I appreciate your obsession with me.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not sure I follow you. You are saying they can do it without killing more non-Hamas Gazans but then say that basically everyone in Gaza is linked to Hamas.

I have no doubt Israel can take out Hamas but I can't see how it wouldn't be a bloodbath of epic proportions comparable to Rwanda in 1994. I am a frequent critic of Israel but I do believe that short of having Kahane Ch'ai run the government they will try to avoid a massive blood bath in Gaza. While Israel does gain something from having Hamas to counterweight Fatah I have a hard time believing the only reason why Hamas exists is just because Israel wants them to. It seems to me that Israel's hands are tied in regard to trying to outrightly destroy Hamas.

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Sorry that was poorly worded. I meant:

1) They could do it without having more casualties than they have had before.
    2) Point #1 aside, all Gazans can be linked to Hamas, so anyone can be a justifiable target in the eyes of the IDF.

Hamas doesn't exist as a counterweight to Fatah IMO.

You say that it would be a bloodbath, but I say it would not differ from previous attacks. In number, yes, but in percentage, not at all. Besides, taking out Hamas can be done just by sealing the illegal borders/tunnels on the Egyptian side.

If Israel can't hunt down the top 15 Hamas leaders in a closed patch of land and murder them.... but they can find someone in Dubai and have 8 people kill him in a hotel room.. I wonder what's going on.

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

As predicted in a previous post. lol

When you're all grown up and can see that disagreeing with foreign policy does NOT mean hatred of the occupants, we'll talk.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Something the IDF has been trying to do without success.
    It is a lot easier to find and kill someone in an area where the locals are not sheltering them. It is a lot easier to do it without other casualties when the locals are not shooting at the Israelis on the way in and out.

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Everyone needs to stop calling the Israeli military and occupation forces the "IDF." It's a not so subtle Zionist propaganda term. The Zionist regime wants its military known as the "Israeli Defense Forces" so that subconsciously you always associate their actions as being legitimate because they're done for reasons of "self-defense." In reality, they're an occupying power that is expanding and colonizing in lands that do not belong to them.

Here's some more lame Zionist propaganda/euphemisms: Torture is called moderate physical pressure, ethnic cleansing is called mass transfer, and colonization is known as natural growth.

17. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You need to chill out. The IDF soldiers are human beings. Both sides of the coin have been hardened by non-stop war. Neither side is innocent in all of this.

You don't think a "defense force" is a good term when Israel has been under the threat by Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, Iraq (remember the scuds?), and the most serious threats from Iran. All of these organizations have a goal to wipe Israel off the map... all while hiding behind civilians.

There is a much bigger picture to this conflict that you refuse to see. There is 100000000x more propaganda that is pro-palestinian worldwide than the opposite.

18. Kwame

Real intelligent response.

Are you disputing anything that I said? If you move beyond Zionist propaganda for a minute, go and look up the information, nothing I said is factually incorrect.

Also, didn't I just say to stop calling Israeli occupation forces the "IDF"?

Zionist apologists like yourself need to come to terms with what the Israeli regime actually is, a racist occupying power that is attempting to usurp and colonize more and more of other people's land. Don't take my word word for it, Archibishop Desmond Tutu, a moral authority who lived through a racism in Apartheid South Africa, went to Israel/Palestine and said that Israel is an Apartheid regime. Don't try and tell me you know more about living under racism and apartheid than Desmond Tutu.

To answer your question, I don't for reasons I've already mentioned, but I'm sure you'll continue to be dense about it. At least you're honest and open about supporting colonialism and racism. The rest of your post is typical Zionist propaganda and emotional rhetoric. It's understandable why Israel needs to be hype up threats. How else is it going to be able to justify its racist, expansionist policies?

Lol, the guy posting Mr. T pictures is going to tell me that there is a much bigger picture that I refuse to see. In the warped and racist world of the zionist, where the non-Jew or Goyim's life is worth nothing and all that matters is Jewish life, anything can be rationalized.

19. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

There is no debating or discussing this topic with you, hence my Mr. T picture.

Your mind is made up on the subject. Anything that goes against your point of view is considered Zionist propaganda.

Do you know how much I argue with my own jewish friends about how crappy Israeli policies are?

You hate Israel. You hate Israelis. The palestinians can do no wrong. Hamas can do no wrong. Hezbollah can do no wrong. Iran can do no wrong.

Seriously... shut up.

20. Kwame

If you can't (or a better description would be don't want) to debate then don't respond. How am I supposed to know how much you argue with your own Jewish friends about Israel? Why don't you do that here? Why are you engaging in name calling and getting emotional and telling me to shut up? Why can't you respond with facts and examples to backup your argument? Why throw a tantrum instead? Why put words in my mouth? Would I be wrong to say that this is a typical approach by blind supporters of the Israel?

This is a thread about the Israeli regime keeping an entire group of people living in one the most densely populated places in the world hungry...on purpose! Imagine if anybody else did that. Do you know what the "outcry" would be? You can say that I hate this group or love that group, but I've never said anything resembling that. This is typical Zionist propaganda: When confronted with criticism of the racist and expansionist policies of Israel and other arguments they don't know how to respond to, scream antisemitism and accuse somebody of supporting terrorism, and repeat it ad nauseum. Sorry, that weak, stale, and small time stuff doesn't work on me.