1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

All too common Israeli response to non-violent protest on the West Bank Observe the sniper killing the non-violent protestor. Observe also the very brave protestor with the cardboard rocket near the end who they try to intimidate with live fire.

<iframe width="600" height="335" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hs3DOTysUtk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1561 glynch, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

17 civilians killed in the West Bank over the past month.

No rockets and tunnels in the West Bank. Why did Israel kill those people as well as the 2000 in Gaza? Because this most evidently is not about Hamas or rockets or 'secret tunnel attacks'. It's about Palestinians simply being the ethnic indigenous population that continues to threaten the Zionist mission of achieving a 'Greater Israel' on wholly stolen land.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't the ethnic indigenous population though, they are just the previous invaders and previous colonists. If another population was to move into America and displace Americans would we refer to them as the "ethnic indigenous population"? Of course not, and for the same reason, you shouldn't refer to Palestinians that way either.

I know that reality doesn't go along with your narrative, but that doesn't make it less true.

4. houstonhoya

Does it pain you to be faced with the fact that Arab peoples are the indigenous population of Palestine?

5. houstonhoya

You need to look up the definition of 'indigenous'. It doesn't mean what you think it means, or else no one would be indigenous to anywhere.

Jesus shares more with today's Arab than he does with a Swiss person. Does that pain you as well?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no, it pains me when people are ignorant enough to believe that nonsense.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Neither the Israelis or Arabs are the true indigenous population of Palestine

Sorry, that's just the truth. I know your mom and dad probably taught you differently growing up but that doesn't make it any more true.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Does your definition mean that they conquered the land and forced out those who conquered it previously about 1400 years ago?

Also, you keep bringing up Jesus, why? How in any way would that be relevant to the conversation?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As a follow up, let's say the Israelis manage to hold on to the land for another 1000 years, would that make them the ethnic indigenous population? Is that how it works?

9. houstonhoya

The Palestinian people were the subjects of many Islamic caliphs, Crusader kings, Ottoman rulers, and British imperialists. They still live in the land of former Mandate Palestine today.

Why do you believe that any Jew from Buenos Aires or Moscow should displace the indigenous people living in the land today?

You are simply wrong, this isn't a matter of belief but provable fact. Do some research, and don't come back with some 3000 year old claim that ends with 'because God chose them, duh'.

10. houstonhoya

There is a greater number of non-Jewish residents in the land of Mandate Palestine today than there is Jewish residents, and all Israeli govt projections have the Arab population growing faster than the Jewish population.

So, extrapolated 1000 years, with 'the Israelis manag[ing] to hold on to the land', whatever that means, the indigenous population would still comprise of a majority of Palestinian descent.

Bobby, you need to do your research man. I feel as though I am speaking to a child.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the whole of history is about 1400 years in your mind? Maybe you have mroe in common with "those kinds" of Christians than you think....

The issue isn't about displacing "indigenous people" because those indigenous people were displaced a LONG time ago and honestly it would be hard to even track them down today.

The reason that Israel gets to do whatever they want with their land is because they are the internationally recognized nation ruling that land and they have the power to maintain that status, simple as that.

12. houstonhoya

Haha why do you continue to bring up my 'mom and dad' or whatever I was told as a child.

My parents are quite old now, that was awhile ago. You seem to be going through your childhood still, but when people grow up Bobby, they usually realize that much of what their daddy and mommy told them was either incorrect or incomplete.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not talking about the larger mandate of Palestine, I'm talking about only the nation of Israel, by your definition, if they managed to hold on to the land and not be conquered for the next 1000 years or so, that would make them the ethnic indigenous population of that territory right?

The fact that the Palestinians breed like drunken Irish Catholics and greatly overpopulate the land they control shouldn't play any part in this sub-conversation because that's not the territory I'm talking about.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I bring them up because you come off as someone parroting the ignorant views of your parents. I'd hope one day you'd learn a thing or two and re-visit those teachings.

15. houstonhoya

A true structural realist. 'Don't inject morality into it' guys. Might makes right, so when Bobby gets forced from his home, where ever it is, by a more capable and vicious individual, no one save his sorry butt, because well, that individual has the power to maintain his dominion over Bobby's house. No one weep for Bobby, he wouldn't have it haha.

16. houstonhoya

What are you talking about? Kid, you have a lot of growing to do. You have no idea who my parents are, what they told me as a child, and what I have taught them since my own adulthood.

Go find something you're good at, you still have time Bob. This, it really ain't your thing.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you going to answer the question? In your mind does history only go back about 1400 years? Does being an "ethnic indigenous population" in your mind simply mean that you kicked out those that lived in a region a long time ago and held on to the land for a really really long time?

Those answers would be helpful.

18. houstonhoya

Palestinians 'control' land? That's news to me.

Bob, you are essentially providing a justification for a Rhodesia to reemerge in the middle of Sub-Saharan Africa, or a South African apartheid regime to reconstitute itself where it once subjugated another indigenous population.

It's pretty pathetic.

19. houstonhoya

Of course not, ancestors of Palestinians existed prior to that. Who do you think was there before '1400 years ago'? And why that arbitrary signpost in time? Have you been reading From Time Immemorial? I kid, I kid.. It is pretty evident now, you are a child, one of those 'young adults' at best.

20. houstonhoya

Furthermore, who did those 'Palestinians' of '1400 years ago', mind you they in all likelihood did not consider themselves 'Palestinians' but many other things, kick out?

You say they kicked some other, potentially indigenous people, out. Who were they? Tell me your interpretation of Levantine history.