1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

They can't defend genocide and ethnic cleansing so they resort to those kinds of tactics. And unfortunately, the narrative of 'terrorism' precludes many Americans from understanding the true context of this pogrom.

2. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

You don't know me, just as I don't know you. I am always willing to look at alternative viewpoints and change. My truth isn't your truth and that's ok. You can't force people to believe what you believe.

It's also funny that you converse here with glynch about this. He's been spewing the same talking points on this board for a decade.

3. ChievousFTFace

[​IMG]

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's what is going on in Syria and Iraq right now, committed by Muslims. That doesn't seem to bother you nearly as much as Israel defending itself against terrorism does.

5. ChievousFTFace

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=198916

Furthermore, you should read the sticky post on the board. Just because you disagree with somebody on here doesn't give you the right to launch personal attacks.

If you just want likeminded people I would suggest going to: http://www.reddit.com/r/palestine

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Hamas haven't done anything significant in this. If they had laid down arms and did not react, I said they would have gained significant international political supports. They acted their useful self and I doubt there is much of any change in view toward them.

The significant actor and player here is Israel. What they have done "accomplished" less support for them. Less support for Israel <> more support for Hamas.

For me, certainly, as I learn more about this and prior events that I wasn't aware of (namely the ethnic cleansing pointed out by many here), I'm changing my view toward Israel. I had viewed them through a positive lens. That's changing to a negative lens.

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hama's haven't done anything significant? You don't find using human shields significant?

1 person likes this.
  8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is amazing labeling someone a "terrorist" is all that is needed to make many Americans go to war, support civilian slaughter and stop virtually all thinking or moral examination about concepts like proportionality.

The more humanitarian Zionist supporters also have to be careful not to read any of the more knowledgeable historians with access to the declassified archives since around 1980 who have completely destroyed the myths around the creation of Israel and the 1948. In short they voluntarily resort to the sort of indoctrination kids are forced fed in Israel.

To them of course Jimmy Carter of course is just another dishonest anti-Semite Hamas lover with no knowledge of recent peace process negotiations.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Certainly that's abhorring. These POST have been about "accomplishment". Haven't Hamas done that before? So, nothing significant as in different that would cause people to change their mind about them.

Now, I never thought Israel does that. But I've learnt recently they have used kids as shield. That's as cruel and inhuman.

As I said, my view toward Hamas has not changed. My view toward Israel has taken a dive.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What would you "label" people who kidnap and murder people, build tunnels to go and murder people, order suicide attacks? :confused:

11. houstonhoya

You are so confused, it's ok. Not every one of us can escape his or her own idiocy.

12. houstonhoya

It's a matter of reality, not belief. Zionism is racist settler colonialism and you can't argue with that fact. It isn't a belief. I truly feel for those of you who support Israel to the hilt. One day, you will be remembered alongside the White supremacists in South Africa and the Jim Crow era loons of our own country. Shameful fools

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

ATW would be rich if everytime he get paid a dollar for saying something stupid

14. hlcc

hlcc Member

and their muslim neighbors are any better or different how?

15. houstonhoya

Who cares? That isn't the issue. Israel is our 'greatest ally' and we have so many 'shared values' and we give them so much military aid, we send out police chiefs to Israel on visits to learn how they have subjugated the non Jew populations and apply those policies to communities of color in the US, check out Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine for more on that.

I can't stand the Arab dictators, from Egypt to Jordan to Saudi and Iran. But that's not what this thread is about. And most importantly, Palestinians are their own ethnic national group, why should they be held accountable for the terrorist groups in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq and the reprehensible tribal leaders of the Arab world? The Arab dictators can't wait for Palestine to be forgotten, they are Israel's facilitators in many ways within the region.

Furthermore, these 'muslim neighbors' cannot be so homogenously condemned in the ways implied by your statement. But Israel? It is undoubtedly a colonialist settler enterprise. You're essentially saying something to the tune of:

'So what if the Apartheid South African govt imposes discriminatory and racially oriented laws on the native population, what about the nascent and incompetent African govts around SA that kill their own peoples, etc?'

It's a juvenile and cynical argument. To say the least.

16. houstonhoya

We've spent nearly a trillion dollars in US taxpayer money on the Zionist mission, one that from its inception, relied on a racist policy of removing the WRONG type of people and replacing them with the RIGHT type of people.

And almost no Israeli will deny what I've said, they are honest and aware of the necessity of ethnic cleansing to accomplish the Zionist dream. Just ask the mayor of Upper Nazareth, who during a reelection campaign, wrote an oped in a major israeli newspaper titled 'If I am a racist, then the State of Israel is racist'. In it he justifies the forcible expulsion of Arab Israelis from the Galilee and Israel at large. It's a racist, lunatic state and it is entering it's suicidal phase now.

17. houstonhoya

By the way, the mayor of Nazareth Illit was reelected in a landslide. Naturally.

18. ChievousFTFace

You have your own brain and set of eyes. That is YOUR reality. My reality shows me that the power in charge of the Palestinian people is corrupt and prefers the status quo. The status quo being a poor, uneducated society calling for armed resistance to an oppressor. My reality shows me that those in charge in Gaza don't give a damn about their own people. They spend millions upon millions to build tunnels and fire missiles rather than feed their own people.

Arafat had a palace in France. Khaled Meshal and his henchman are living a life of luxury. They love(d) the status quo.

WE can kick the extremists (Netanyahu being one of them) out of power if we search for forgiveness and figure out a way to live side by side. I don't know how we are going to see forgiveness in our lifetime when children are being taught to hate from their hateful parents.

Again, stop with the damn name calling. It's immature and brings nothing to the discussion. I have Magna c*m Laude degree and group of friends that shows that I am not a fool or a racist. Are you ready to grow up or are you gonna run in circles screaming like a child?

How to grow up:
    1. Stop calling people Nazis: As John Stewart said "I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler."
    2. Attempt to see other viewpoints and gain understanding. Ask questions rather than name call. Perhaps people have a reasoning or background that makes them lean one way or another. Your background has shaped your views and it's completely understandable.
    3. Just because someone takes an alternative viewpoint doesn't make them a lunatic. It also doesn't make them an idiot or on the wrong side of history... you aren't Nostradamus.
    4. Don't be a hypocrite. When you say something, think if you are holding yourself to the same standard.

1 person likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Are you afraid to answer the question?

20. houstonhoya

Not at all, in reality, it's a misinformed set of ideas that beg such questions.