1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Comparing Hamas to the idf as "both sides are ethe same" is a reductive absurd premise.

When you have a conventional military and are part of the world order where they accept your position as a nation-state, the ability to kill civilians is based with "collateral damage". We as citizens of these nations have accepted this excuse as a standard part of humanity.

Hamas is a effect. That's all they are. They are what happens when you close off access for a group of humans to trading lanes, education, freedom of movement, access to modern economic systems etc.

2. fchowd0311

If the the guage of who is more terroristic is based on how many civilian deaths happen for each side then Israel would be considered the terrorist threat. But again conventional military so you can't label them that.

So the term terrorist is designated for non conventional forces.

When there are these very basic differences in analysis for two entities we can't simply say "both sides".

It completely erases the conditions of massive discrepancy in ability and force between the two groups.

Nook and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This is stupid and it sort of analogous to the spontaneous violent riots that erupted occasionally in Apartheid South Africa or that we have had in the black ghettos in the US.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

And if you are a Palestinian then Israel has no interest in solving any of your problems and just wants your land and more power.

glynch, Andre0087 and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

Here are bernie bros giving their thoughts

Why are so many Lefties awful people

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

So that would imply Israel being the more terroristic entity as they have objectively killed significantly more civilians than Hamas?

Oh but someone will reply "it's because Israel is more capable and conventional". Ya that's my point. The distinction of "terrorism" is irrelevant if we hand wave civilian deaths just because the entity doing it is doing it through conventional means.

glynch likes this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you’re an extremist Israeli you don’t think the non Jews have any permanent claim to the land.

8. fchowd0311

How many Westerners backed the Boers and labeled any resistance to them from the native population as terroristic?

It's the same story over and over and over and over.

glynch likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Hey buddy just like to say that don't waste energy @ING me from now on. You don't get to have fun I guess "triggering" me anymore jiggly.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

I've literally @ you like 5 times this year and I'm not jiggy or whatever. I just don't like bernie bros cuz they whine all day

11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

If your mission is to intentionally kill non-combatants, your squad is committing terrorism. Nationstates use terrorism as much as extra-national organizations but nation states rely heavily on conventional warfare because it’s more efficient.

glynch likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

So it's merely a case of one side just being more successful in their terrorism and being more efficient at it?

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That doesn't it make it good. And I'm saying this as someone who supported the IRA.

There is also a difference between collateral damage killing civillians and deliberately targetting civilians.

I fully agree that Israel's policy of collective punishment on the Palestinians is immoral. I also agree that Israel is the overwhelming military power. That doesn't mean that what Hamas and other groups are doing is justified or moral. Hamas is not helping the Palestinian cause. They won't drive Israel into the sea.

Hamas has had opportunities to actually make life better for Palestinians. They control the Gaza strip and while Israel does maintain an economic blockade on them international pressure on that blockade would be much more successful if Hamas was shown spending more of their resources on trying to do things like improve Palestinian lives than building up weapons for strikes against Israel.

Andre0087 and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Yeah. Obviously.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just like in 1776 I support the war against the occupying force

16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The chimp wielding the biggest stick is the king.

17. fchowd0311

Also understand I'm coming from an analysis from a positive standpoint rather than a normative one. I'm not saying how Palestine ought to ethically fight for their rights. I'm stating the natural condition of human nature.

For example there are individual groups of Africans who did immoral things to individual Boers in South Africa. But from a positive(what is reality) rather than a normative(what ought to happen) standpoint the idea of there being some over the top violence from individuals amongst a group of people being severely oppressed in terms of access to a basic comfortable life. Is always going to be part of reality.

And the reason why I think this type of analysis is more valuable than "high horse" analysis is that we as humans simply can't comprehend the living conditions of a typical Gaza resident to understand their perspective clearly. We as humans simply are not capable as can be seen here clearly.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hamas should just call these drone attacks. Collateral damage so not terrorism. If it worked for us it should work for them[m

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I think they are using drones. And based on the footage, to a great deal of success.

Cheap drones have changed the face of war.

Nook and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  20. astros123

astros123 Member

President of colombia just retweeted this somehow blaming America for creating Israel as a cause for hamas killing innocent citizens?