1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It is interesting how intentions matter when it comes to directly killing civilians and whether that counts as terrorism, but intentions don’t matter when it comes to giving aid to an organization that engages in terrorism and whether that counts as sponsoring terrorism.

If the IDF can make an argument that they are not responsible for civilians deaths when bombing a military target, why can’t Qatar make an argument that they aren’t responsible for civilian deaths when channeling aid through Hamas? Is there not an inconsistency here?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also what is aid here?

Food, water?

Is the Gaza strip receiving aid that will rebuild infrastructure that has been leveled?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

“nope”

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Nazi intentionally killed 15-30 million people (not including soldiers). Hamas intentionally killed 1-2k people (including soldiers).

6. Nook

Nook Member

Qatar has definitely been funding Hamas.

My question is why Benjamin Netanyahu not only tolerated it, but actually support it and make an exception for Qatar to do it.

I don't think that anyone is surprised that Qatar is sponsoring terrorism.... as ultimately Iran and Saudi Arabia just funnel money to different groups to piss each other off..... but why would the leader of Israel support it?

Why would the leader or Israel support Hamas of Abbas?

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Abbas is Fatah.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The money from Qatar has gone towards Hamas - everyone living in the region knows it.... my family has even openly talked about it.

The USA allowed it because the Israeli's under Netanyahu were not only okay with it, but supported it - and Israel knew it was going to terrorist organizations.

Most of the money being thrown around for "humanitarian causes" in the Middle East from other sources in the Middle East can be traced back to the Iran/Saudi Arabia conflict.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

My typo "Hamas over Abbas"

I know that Abbas is Fatah - and Israel under Netanyahu has helped Hamas...

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know if that is correct, but I wouldn't be overly focused on it. Divide and conquer, maybe. Changes nothing about how evil these guys turned out to be.

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Aid at this point is basic food and water and medical treatment.

As for the infrastructure, Israel does not want the infrastructure rebuilt in Gaza or the WestBank because they view it as a threat at a minimum, and it also arguably makes it harder to keep setting up Israeli settlements in the WestBank.

Right now - rebuilding an infrastructure in Gaza would be a fools errand because we have no idea what the future holds.

I will give Biden credit for not letting Netanyahu slaughter the citizens wholesale and clear the land for lebensraum, and an attempt to get some aid into the region - but we have no idea what the future holds, other than it is almost guaranteed that the area will be occupied again. Israel would love to occupy the area, but it sounds like Biden is trying to avoid that - because we all know how that ends up.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Hamas is evil for sure - they flat out say they want genocide of Jews, and they want Israel to be removed from the map. This is an evil that most reasonable people agree on. There are far left idiots that support the actions of Hamas, but even polling shows that 90% of democrats do not support Hamas.

If I were an Israeli, I would be concerned about my top politician having overtly supported the group of animals that just came into my country and slaughtered innocent civilians.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That discussion will be had when the current situation has been addressed.

Nook likes this.
  15. right1

right1 Member

The Democratic State of Hamas. Lol ok. This might be the most absurd statement in this entire thread. Congratulations.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s the same type of thinking of why we supported the Mujahadeen in the 1980’s.