1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I decided that I don't need to respect people who lived an entire life of a sedentary safe lifestyle with never once fearing the sky dropping ordinance waxing lyrical about how collateral damage is normal and inevitable.

I realize I don't need to respect people who believe they can deny humans the basic right to express grievance merely because they aren't part of your tribe.

2. maypk

maypk Member

Then maybe you should have said the same thing about hundreds of other members of congress and Biden who's currently holding hamas responsible for the hospital attack despite having no evidence of it.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You should respect all people and try to learn from their viewpoints, and not think that you know anything about anyone from posts on a message board, that is silly.

it would be like me saying, you only support Jalen Green because you are Filipino. Only you know if that is true...or has a bearing.

You just respect other viewpoints...we are not on the same level you and I......as far as talking about war etc, you are talking very personally, I am talking academically......

Your viewpoints are yours, mine are mine - but the tone in which people talk to each other shows their class or lack thereof.

Right now, you are classless and being an *******.

DD

#2143 DaDakota, Oct 20, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  4. fchowd0311

I decided that I don't need to respect people who lived an entire life of a sedentary safe lifestyle with never once fearing the sky dropping ordinance waxing lyrical about how collateral damage is normal and inevitable.
    Are you saying jumping to a conclusion that a trans person did a mass shooting right after a news report of a mass shooting is aired where we don't know the identity and motive of the shooter is akin to blaming a country for blowing up a hospital that is located in the area of operation said country is doing bombing runs in?

Are you saying those things are equivalent?

5. fchowd0311

Actually there are definitely viewpoints that are less valuable than other viewpoints.

The viewpoint of a billionaire's idea of the cost of living for a wage worker is less valid than the wage workers' viewpoint of the cost of living for a wage worker.

Your viewpoint is less valid towards the notion of collateral damage than a individual who lives in an area where collateral damage is a realistic probabilistic way of being killed.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

There was zero evidence that the idf conducted the airstrike at the time when they both spun the narrative. The idea that it's safe to automatically blame the IDF for all bad that occurs in gaza bcz they are at war with hamas is ****ing dumb

What's so difficult about stating all disinformation is bad regardless of what side you're on

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The House should, and it would if it hasn’t censored itself.

AroundTheWorld and astros123 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

What is more classless? .
    Fat shaming.

Or denying humans basic rights because they aren't part of your tribe.

Btw you should read the US constitution. The only explicit right uniquely granted towards citizens is voting. All other civil rights are universal towards anyone who is within the borders of the US including speech.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

If you think I don't VALUE those civilians you are WRONG - I think war sucks, I am just speaking academically.....like it is inevitable.....I wish we had no war, EVER.....people shouldn't be dying for desert land for a bunch of ISLAMIC CRAZIES or ISRAELI OVERBURDEN.......

If there was a way for Israel to root out HAMAS and kill them one by one - without collateral damage I would be all for it.

And yes, I know immigrants are granted the same rights, they should pass a law to stop protesting, IMHO. until citizenship.

So are you saying you live in an AREA where collateral damage is happening? So your viewpoint is more important?

DD

10. fchowd0311

What is more classless? .
    Fat shaming.

Or denying humans basic rights because they aren't part of your tribe.

Btw you should read the US constitution. The only explicit right uniquely granted towards citizens is voting. All other civil rights are universal towards anyone who is within the borders of the US including speech.
    "Zero evidence" is a bad faith argument. There can be zero evidence that a trans person just committed a terrorist attack and anyone who jumps to that conclu out of thin air is probably bigoted.

"Zero evidence" in a situation where a building is damaged from some type of explosion in an area of operation where a country is dropping ordinance is not the same. It's a reasonable jump to conclusions that a building hit by some type of explosion was done by the entity that is currently doing a bombing run in the area of operation where said building presides.

11. maypk

maypk Member

Was there 0 evidence? Digital spokesperson of Netanyahu claiming the responsibility of the attack and the archbishop of the Baptist hospital telling Israel has threatened to hit the hospital 3 days in a row before the attack = 0 evidence?

Maybe you just completely ignore all the evidences that are presented?

12. fchowd0311

No you used the collateral damage argument as a moral defense of the IDF. It wasn't to make a philosophical point.

And again , you have no room to make such a point. It's a lon t that is easy for you to make.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I do think the IDF is going to go in and wreck the place and innocents are going to die, the only way to avoid that is not to react, but that is unreasonable after what HAMAS did....

Hell we went into Iraq after 9-11 when they weren't involved at all....

I am not supporting collateral damage by simply acknowledging it exists....

And I respect your wanting to avoid it, even though you are wreckless in your talking - you can't expect respect if you don't give it.....

DD

14. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

"Multiple U.S. Defense Officials are now reporting that the Interceptions over the Red Sea almost 2 Nights Ago by the USS Carney (DDG-64) were much more Significant than had previously been stated, with the Destroyer said to have Intercepted at least 4 Land-Attack Cruise Missiles and 15 Drones launched by the Houthis in Yemen all within a 9-Hour Period, in which the “Targets” were Detected following the Coast with Saudi Arabia in the Red Sea and were clearly Aimed at Israel."

blue_eyed_devil and MadMax like this.
  15. astros123

astros123 Member

None of them were aimed at us soliders and we should stay the **** away. Let the Israelis handle their own crisis.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Nope the USA is there to prevent it from escalating......into something much bigger.

Which would be very bad for the world but particularly the people of the Middle East.

DD

17. astros123

astros123 Member

What I'm telling you is going past your thick brain. Once you start drawing artifical lines of where disinformation is acceptable and when its not acceptable it will be too late to moderate disinformation.

You can't claim that disinformation is okay when it comes to the israeli war but on trans rights disinformation isn't allowed cuz of trans history.

Your brain is incapable of thinking rationally. My politics has always been anti disinformation. I don't give a **** if it's from the right or left.

Lies and disinformation is ripping our society apart. You're part of the problem.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

20. astros123

astros123 Member

MadMax likes this.