1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel confiscates nearly 1,000 acres of Palestinian land in the West Bank

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ChrisBosh, Aug 31, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Isreal is screaming. . . MANIFEST DESTINY!!!!

Rocket River

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Same as Putin

4. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

There are no tunnels or rocket attacks or Hamas control in the West Bank. It's just prime real estate.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    What bad people they are indeed.

1 person likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This land grab is a good example of what Israel does routinely during between their invasions of Gaza and during observed cease fires without the rockets landing.

A good example of why the Palestinians have the right to resist.

In the past some of the more abusive land grabs or similar actions have been resisted by the Israeli S.Ct., but that can't continue as the Israeli population moves ever more "right/fascist/racist" whatever you want to call it.

A close friend's sister who is among the roughly 15% of Israelis not cheering on the recent slaughter in Gaza is despairing and blames some of this on the importation of roughly a million Russians to Israel in 1980's

#26 glynch, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I understand. This is one instance where I think the Israeli government is doing something very wrong.

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

How does this work procedurally?

Can the PM simply authorise it...the Knesset?

9. dmc89

dmc89 Member

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/01/israeli-settlement-west-bank-gvaot-condemned

[​IMG]

This is why I urge neutral observers that opposing Zionism isn't anti-Semitic; however, Zionists paint anyone that disagrees with them as harboring hatred towards Jews as a way to stifle dissent. Just because you oppose Islamism doesn't necessarily mean you oppose Islam or all Muslims as a whole.

This is a deplorable move. Unilateral land annexations piss 99% of people regardless of your faith and ethnicity. Too few are aware of the difference between the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, and the governing authorities there. Yet, those same ignorant commentators tell the West Bank Palestinians to play nice, and use the Israeli justice system and peaceful means instead of resorting to violence.

Unfortunately, the system doesn't listen to them. I've spoken to so-called justices who sit on their courts who point-blank tell me they owe the Palestinians nothing - that God promised all the land to the Jews, and the laws of God trumps international law, human rights, etc. The Palestinians can join their Arab brothers all around the world. The Jews only have their one Israel, is that really so much to ask?

Thankfully Israel isn't a homogenous country. There's a pretty big secular group who wants this conflict over with. However, there's a religious portion who's very fanatic, and they have strong allies in the US through Evangelism. Until the mainstream media doesn't address this second group, and their indifference to Palestinians (even the peaceful ones), then nothing will change. People will naively think the Middle East's only secular democracy is simply fending itself from the terrorist Palestinians and their death cult ideology. Why can't those pesky West Bank residents just get along? *sigh* :rolleyes:

10. prontojr

prontojr New Member

almost the same thing happens in Ukraine, but no one cares

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Mostly agreed on both counts (except that I don't really like the "Zionist" label, it seems to be used a lot to describe all Jews or Israelis by people who actually are anti-semitic).

Unfortunately, an "unholy" alliance of Islamists and leftists likes to portray everyone who opposes certain aspects of a religious ideology as a "racist", as a way to stifle dissent.

I guess that works for others as well.

Criticizing an ideology doesn't mean that one hates people who were born into following a (possibly different, more moderate) version of it. fchowd phrased this better than I could, in one of his recent posts.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You understand there aren't terror tunnels in the West Bank, but just thought you'd post it anyway? I'm confused

13. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL zionist have no way of justifying this. its flat out ILLEGAL in international law...but hey its cool cuz hamas must be hiding weapons in the field under the crops........

right?

14. supdudes

supdudes Member

It's nothing new really...

I just found out about Plan Dalet the other day...

..I don't know what to say at this point. Do moral Jew's actually condone this?

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

We are used to you being confused.

My post was in response to your generic statement:

...which was not in any way restricted to the West Bank Palestinians. So, as a response to your generic statement, my post stands.

I do understand Deji's clarification that - in his opinion - there are no known terror tunnels from the West Bank (which is however questionable, see Dozens of terror tunnels discovered in West Bank).

But please continue to be confused at your leisure.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm confused on my very best days.

17. hlcc

hlcc Member

but isn't this how human warfare usually works? throughout history, the winner of a conflict will usually take some land and sometimes demand monetary compensation as well.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That something has always been done doesn't make it right. Besides which a study of history would show that doing so isn't necessarily wise. The reparations demanded of the Germans for WWI was a factor in creating the conditions for WWII (just like the settlement of the Franco-Prussian War helped set the stage for WWI). Conversely, after WWII the US did not take any reparations but instead gave a bunch of money to Germany and Japan to quickly rebuild them in the face of the growing threat of the USSR, a policy that is generally regarded a great success.

So I don't really think this is morally defensible or wise. Its yet another persecution that will cause the Palestinians to become more radical in their resistance of Israel. Palestinians will see this as vindication of radicals who say Palestinians cannot coexist with Israel. Can anyone honestly believe that if Israel punishes Palestinians hard enough for using violence that they will eventually stop using violence? No, they will meet new persecutions with yet more violence until either they win or they're exterminated. Israel shouldn't want either of those outcomes.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I read this comment a few days ago by Obama on the Russian-Ukranian "conflict"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/09/03/ukraine-russia-cease-fire/15005501/

But when an ally makes a land grab we will pretend like it's not happening. :p

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Now there are quite a few posters who take the typical line that I would characterize as HAMAS !! --terrorists nuff said and therefore anything Israel does is justifiable. He refers to verified reports by Israeli historians that in 1948 Israeli soldiers under direct orders from their superiors lined up Palestinians and shot them to provoke terror and to get 700,000 Palestinians to flee their villages which were then destroyed.

There is an interesting interview with Henry Siegman whose father was one of the founders of Israel and who escaped from Germany.

Henry Siegman, the former executive director of the American Jewish Congress, long described as one of the nation’s "big three" Jewish organizations along with the American Jewish Committee and the Anti-Defamation League. Henry Siegman was born in 1930 in Frankfurt, Germany. Three years later, the Nazis came to power. After fleeing Nazi troops in Belgium, his family eventually moved to the United States. His father was a leader of the European Zionist movement, pushing for the creation of a Jewish state
    WRT to Hamas he says:

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/9/1/a_slaughter_of_innocents_henry_siegman