1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ISO Offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acruz2, Nov 9, 2018.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My bad; i was looking at the same splits and only look at the FG%.

gordonsplits.JPG

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if only we could tank for Zion

3. jb86

jb86 Member

The rockets aren't moving the ball though. Why didn't you say anything about that?

4. noppeper

noppeper Member

Gordon seems to consistently play better in the colder months. He's definitely no fair weather shooter.

I think last year we were able to withstand cold shooting from key players because of our depth. This year, we've had injuries, suspensions, plus key rotation players leaving, thus our depth has suffered, and in turn our margin for error. It also doesn't help we've had to play two rookies in our rotation. It also doesn't help that Melo is so washed up. I also don't like the effort that I'm seeing from Capela most of this year...I see a lot of complacency on his part, but hopefully I'm wrong and it's just the millions and that thingy on his hair playing tricks on me.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Guys not everyone who isn't playing well is in a decline, sheesh. Also big props to @aelliott , you are really great contributer to this board.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets are doing the exact same thing theyve been doing for years. just bc guys are missing doesn't mean guys aren't moving the ball.

7. noppeper

noppeper Member

Maybe because the Rockets didn't move the ball last year either, and they won 65 games.

I can understand peeps crying "ISO" being the reason we don't win a championship, because we haven't, and a team that moves the ball a lot has. But from what I see, we are doing the same things as last year...just a lot worse, thus we are losing more than we win, unlike last year.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Where you got the notion that we have a bunch of 3 point shooters on the team blows my mind. Or unless you mean we have shooters but not makers?
    We are dead last in FG% in the league.

9. steddinotayto

I think the word we're looking for is chuckers lol

Swapshop likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

Maybe the addition of non-contributors in Knight and Chriss while subtracting the production of:

ryno.JPG

is part of the problem?

I'm not saying I want the guy back but he was pretty good (e.g. playable) at the beginning of the year before his production fell off the cliff.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More great stats. Yeah, backs up the eye test. Just ACROSS THE BOARD. Insane.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Agreed. It's starting to feel like the Franchise/Mobley era with all this iso dribbling. I think the fact that Harden and Paul are statistically such great iso players may be causing distorted priorities for the offense overall.

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

So you are saying that he'd be much more effective in a colder climate? Like, say Minnesota? Interesting.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Last night, missing piece was Gordon. The game could be close not blow out if good Gordon plays.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Wow, nothing substantial from JR...again....just stupid memes comparing him to Mchale when we have stats in here SAYING ISO ISNT THE PROBLEM LOL wow.

19. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Got anything on Pace? I’m still reading through the thread, but my gut is telling me the League changes are favoring pace, and we play slow af. Am I dead wrong?

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

When I looked at Pace last week, it was up for virtually every team. The Rockets were averaging 4 more possessions per game over last season. When I get some time, I'll get the latest numbers and post.

HP3 and chievous minniefield like this.