1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isma'il Muhammad

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by eyhab27, Jun 30, 2005.

1. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i havent heard anything about him in regards to the draft. I strongly think that he could be an excellent pick up as an undrafted rookie. The guys is rock solid and a highlight reel waiting to happen. He has a nice mid range jumper and plays tough defense.

This is a prime example of what kind of players need to get drafted. He has worked hard at GT and it seems like he has gotten absolutely no love. Does he have a history of injuries i dont know about? I have just really liked the guy for a really long time (mainly because of his unreal atheletism)... i hope he gets on our summer league squad. =)

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

I didnt know he was in this draft. He has ridiculous hops.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So you are saying he is a "sleeper"...?

4. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

yep.. he was definately in the draft. he is a lefty and is a really smooth finisher. He is truely unique, as i cant compare his play to anyone i have ever seen. If given an oppurtunity, this guy will create some havoc on the offensive and defensive end.

5. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

He can dunk...probably the quickest ups I've ever seen, but dunking doesn't get you very far when you're 6'6" without any handles. He's basically a poor man's Gerald Wallace. It doesn't help that he doesn't have any range on his shot and can't even make free throws. Exciting player, but not I can't see how he'd make an NBA rotation.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

You must be joking. I love Tech and I like Ish a lot...but his J is a piece of crap. He can give you great ball pressure and athleticism along with horrid free throw shooting and shooting outside a 7 foot range (think OT range), and a knack for picking up fouls.

In the NBA? Think Ryan Bowen. Less hustle, more athleticism...more of an attitude, obviously a much better finisher. Shorter, but thicker. But not even a chance outside 10 feet, whereas Bowen shot it decently when he had confidence sometimes.

I guess I'd be willing to take a look in a workout...but no way he sticks.

7. drpepper

drpepper Member

Alan Anderson has the same size and athleticism, but not quite the hops. Only Anderson is very solid from the line and a good 3 pt shooter. I'd love for us to sign him to our summer league team in hopes of making the team. I think he'd have a very good chance as we so obviously need young legs.

I can't think of a guard we had on our team under 30 besides T-Mac and Barett(if he counts).

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If you're gonna include Barrett, I guess you have to include Gaines and Lue also...

Mike James turned 30 after the season ended.