1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamic terrorist group kidnaps hundreds of young girls to sell into slavery or as child brides

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 7, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Truly horrific news coming out of Nigeria. Hopefully the young girls are rescued.

-----------------
    Boko Haram terrorists, kidnap victims believed hiding in vast and treacherous forest
    Published May 07, 2014

The ruthless Islamic terrorist behind the kidnapping of hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls is believed to be holed up in abandoned military bunkers deep inside a remote forest eight times larger than Yellowstone and teeming with "wicked and poisonous" snakes.

The dreaded Sambisa Forest, a game reserve in the northeastern part of the embattled nation, provides bloodthirsty Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau safe haven from Nigeria's security forces, many of whom are said to be afraid to venture into the wooded no man's land. The shadowy leader, his army of jihadist fighters and 276 teenage girls he vowed to sell into slavery or as child brides are believed to have melted into rugged wilderness. The girls are to be sold for as little as $12, according to reports.

The Nigerian government has reached out to the United States for help in hunting down the terrorists and has offered a $300,000 reward for information leading to Shekau's capture. But catching the continent's most-wanted man will require venturing into the 23,000-square-mile Sambisa, whose dangers have taken on mythical proportions. With confidence in Nigerian authorities completely eroded, local residents have reportedly pooled money for motorcycles to head into the forest in search of the girls missing since last month’s abduction, as well those who have been abducted since. At least two of the girls have died of snakebites, and roughly 20 others are believed to be ill, according to an intermediary.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...st-thought-to-be-hiding-boko-haram-militants/

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

For once we agree texxx, horrible news. I'm glad the President has stepped up and we're going to send help.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boko Haram are truly the worst people in the World.

4. Buck Turgidson

Unfortunately they have competitors.

5. g1184

g1184 Member

Here is their latest act of idiocy:
    http://news.yahoo.com/shocked-survivors-count-dead-boko-haram-attack-194032325.html

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I feel sick every time i hear about this. Some abould just be shot.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Sick news.

What's the debate though? Anyone here who believes slavery and human trafficking is a good thing?

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Here you go:

In the name of which ideology do both the Taliban and Boko Haram commit their actions?

Do they have joint funding sources?

At some point, saying "meh", shrugging and saying "Let's not talk about it, what is there to discuss" is not enough.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Islam FTW!

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

I agree. But as an American, I personally hope they deal with the human trafficking domestically before becoming watchdogs of the world. Unfortunately, as of this moment, underground slavery in the US is quite a booming business.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We all strongly denounce this act however the OP has created this thread to allow us the opportunity to discuss the potential benefits of slavery and human trafficking. I mean what if one of these young girls is brought to America to live in slavery and then one day her descendants could live as free people in this country? Do you think 200 years from now they would rather live here or in Nigeria? The provocative question must be asked.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

this is just a few girls compared to the annual numbers in europe. organized crime there abduct children to force into sex slavery, prostitution.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I sincerely hope you're joking.

And I sincerely hope these guys have a surprise date with Navy SEALS soon.

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I somehow doubt even the Navy SEALs can comb a 23,000 square mile forest any time soon.

15. bigtexxx

total fail bro

on all levels

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as am i, but the public announcement and deployment of said help is disturbing. It surely must complicate whatever covert efforts we intend if the targets know we're coming.

17. basso

Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  18. bigtexxx

oh my. It looks like Hillary's foreign policy judgment is equally as incapable as Barack's.

19. basso

Supporting Member

she skips the light fandango.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's mimicking another poster who shared those thoughts while trying to tell us slavery wasn't all bad.

If guns don't kill people, people do, how can a religion kill someone?