1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islam: The Get out of Jail free card...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Jan 26, 2013.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Adil Rashid

Some of the comments by the readers of the Daily Mail.

Should religious beliefs, or cultural upbringing be used as an excuse to get away with statutory rape / child abuse?

Political Correctness gone insane...

#1 IzakDavid13, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. platypus

platypus Member

It's pretty goddam obvious this is a fault of the UK's inept judiciary system, if this kid lived in america he'd be in jail right now. I dont understand the name of the thread, seems unnecessary.

From the quotes you cited.
    Stay classy man, no need to bring a religion into a bad light because of a "blown call" by a judge.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree with the judge. I don't consider an 18 year old being sexually attracted to a 13 year old a "pedophile". And I also don't agree with the presumption that this person must be a sexual predator, rather than just a sheltered, ignorant teenager.

Would there be the same outrage if this 18 year old wasn't Muslim?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes...

5. durvasa

I wasn't aware that people were so passionate about ensuring a mandatory jail sentence for statutory rape involving two teenagers.

My view is that it should be assessed on a case by case basis. If there's a reason to believe the accused is a sexual predator and didn't just make a mistake, then jail time is warranted.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Aside from what happened in this specific case, the real problem in certain parts of the Muslim world is this:

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Outrage? Yes.

However, izakdavid more than likely would not have posted it if the perv wasn't Muslim.

8. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

"i didn't know I couldn't do that"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4B93BoC9ylg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

10. trustme

trustme Member

Hmmm, and what happens when a priest sexually abuses a young boy? He gets sent for spiritual and psychological counseling.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-stat...-crimes/question-1682303/?link=ibaf&q=&esrc=s

I see how you jump on Islam but continually fail to bring to light what your own people are doing. Why don't you post about the LA church pedophile case? Because you're the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

11. trustme

trustme Member

So this guy thinks it's ok to commit pedophilia the first time. Apparently he's an iconic cleric so he'd probably be ok with Adil Rashid getting off so easy.

http://www.theamericanconservative....to-one-get-out-of-jail-free-card-says-priest/

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

?

durvasa

No, there would not have been as much outrage. Given the poster, just another vehicle for an obsessive Muslim hater to push his agenda.

It could be a potentially interesting question as to whether a naive 18 year old should receive a reduced or no sentence at all for sex with a perhaps worldly 13 yr old.

13. IzakDavid13

I haven't posted in the D&D for a while, but the above highlighted questioned that you posed is what should be discussed, not my motives for posting the article.

Also to be discussed is the legal precedents set for this type of behaviour.

And BTW: IMO anyone who sexually abuses women or children, regardless of faith, should have the book thrown at them.

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hmm, we'll you could argue if he wasn't educated in a Madrasa then the boy doesn't believe women are the equivalent of a discarded lollipop.

1 person likes this.
  15. Orange

Orange Member

izakdavid is an a-hole Im not even Muslim but I see how he tries to attack them anytime he gets the chance. I wish him the worst in life.

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

There were some articles of how this 13/14 year old girl (who seriously looked like she was 18) would intentionally seduce people, and those guys would be going to jail having absolutely no idea she was 13. To be quite frank, if you are at a bar/club and a hot girl comes up to you, usually the first thing that comes to mind isn't 'Can I check your ID?'

17. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

And that good friends is what’s destroying the world...mindless differentiation to the nth degree. It will soon get to a point where one will just not know what the hell to do anymore and rely on some government to make the decision.

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Your code word for "loose" or "slut"?

Those poor, naive 18 year old boys who are preyed upon by "worldly" 13 yr old women of the night.

19. IzakDavid13

Number 1, the above is not my kind. Ok.

But I will say this, you are correct, The title shouldn't be 'Islam: Get out of jail free card', it should be 'Religion: Get out of jail free card', & both these arguments put forward as to the legitimacy of using Religious upbringing as valid excuse, to avoid the laws of certain countries.

Apologies for any Muslims offended by the title. truly.

The offender mentioned in the OP wasn't following any Islamic code or laws, in fact he disgraced them. To use his Islamic upbringing as an excuse for his actions is an insult to every decent, law abiding muslim everywhere.

The argument isn't about what religion gets away with what, but rather should religion be allowed to get away with that....all religions.

20. durvasa

But its not necessarily about religion either. An 18 year old who never interacted with women outside of family members and was never educated about real world things like laws against statutory rape falls in a different category compared to someone who definitely knew better and decided to engage in sexual relations despite that.

Its not that one's religion should give them license to do certain things (which, to me, is a separate topic for discussion), but rather the severity of the punishment should be based on the nature of the crime and the likelihood of it becoming a repeat offense.

I'm definitely not saying this person did no wrong and shouldn't be punished. But in my opinion jail time really seems excessive based on the details of this case.