1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isis Crucifies Catholic Priest on Good Friday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Falcons Talon, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

http://www.newsweek.com/isis-crucify-catholic-priest-good-friday-441219

I haven't seen this posted. How much worse can it get.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His motivation was to show his distaste for American imperialism.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your motivation is to misconstrue arguments so you can keep believing what you want.

4. fchowd0311

And what is that I am believing that I want without regards to reality?
    Would like to see you not straw man your way out of this question.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are putting up a strawman by claiming others are asserting that the reason someone commits a crime is because they are angry about imperialism.

That is not the argument. Maybe you should try to understand something before you try to mock it.

6. fchowd0311

No, there are many here who believe this man's motivations have nothing to do with Islam.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, before y'all have the same acrimonious debate, just note that this entire thread topic is "alleged" and comes via the Washington Times (and click-hungry Newsweek after that, with no additional reporting or verification).

So... somebody just claimed there was a crucifixion, but apparently media-obsessed ISIS didn't take any pictures or video. (Not that I'd want to see it, mind you). In sum: this very well might not have happened. I'm sure they are killing and torturing people in any case.