1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isiah To Indiana??????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Jun 20, 2000.

1. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Was it just the late hour, the infectious celebratory moment or poor hearing ..... but did I really hear the NBC anchor crew with Storm, Walton, etc... get Zeke to say he was meeting Donnie and company today and was considering accepting the Pacers coaching job?

The last time he went this route, a couple of weeks ago, David Stern said Sweet Zeke was told he had to NOT develop a blind trust to operate the CBA, but had to COMPLETELY DIVEST himself from the CBA before he would be allowed to enter the NBA coaching arena.

What a great opportunity for the NBA to have one of the greatest players and motivation leaders coaching a team.

------------------

[This message has been edited by oeilpere (edited June 20, 2000).]

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I saw Carmen at the airport before. I should also add , she was looking damn fine.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Doh! How could I have missed that!

[​IMG]

------------------
    We need some meat in the post and I don't mean Brian Grant!

4. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

This came from our buddy David Aldridge on NBA Today this afternoon, so the information is worthless, but here's one way the Isiah hiring affects the Rockets ...

According to Aldridge, if Isiah becomes coach of the Pacers the following things will happen:

1. The Pacers will not re-sign Mark Jackson.
    2. They will move Jalen to point guard.
    3. They will then move Croshere to small forward (Aldridge didn't say it, but the implication was that they can use starter's minutes at the 3 as an inducement for Croshere to re-sign).

If the source was anyone but Aldridge, I might have started a new thread. But the source was Aldridge, so I wonder why I'm even bothering to post it. [​IMG]

Why the hell would you move Rose from the 3 where he's been so effective all year? His stint as a point guard in previous years wasn't exactly a smashing success ...

Most likely typical Aldridge drivel ...

------------------

[This message has been edited by wrath_of_khan (edited June 20, 2000).]

5. RocketsPimp

What does this have to do with the Rockets?

------------------

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Isn't it obvious? The Houston Connection: Thomas played for Detroit, where we nearly dealt Horry and Bullard for Sean Elliot who was dealt for Rodman who was married to Carmen Electra briefly.

I think Carmen visited Houston once.

------------------

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well actually the T. Washington is pertinent since we do own his rights.

I'm with you RocketsPimp, seeing people post in the wrong forum is almost as annoying as seeing a thread started about a topic that already has 5 threads active.

There's a reason there are the different forums. It's not Rocket science.

------------------
    "Go to hell Costas"-Dave Nelson after sweeping the ABSCAs on NewsRadio

visit www.swirve.com

8. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

eye-father, father-eye, eye-dad, hi-dad?:

anyhoo:
    perfect point, since the Rockets 2000 season has ended perhaps, so should this Forum. The only germaine thing to discuss is either a draft pick or a fa signing... and those can be done in the same forum since it's summertime.

excuse me while I boogey.

------------------

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Nice try, Achebe, but lemme give you a little hint: what's a slang word for "dad"...?

You're right about the "eye" part, though. [​IMG]

Welcome back, oeilpere. Je n'ai connai pas que vous avez parlez le francais. C'est tres bien. Mais, moi, j'espere que j'ai etudie l'espanol au l'universite. Les femmes qui parlent espanol sont plus jolies que les femmes francaises.

OK, I mangled that pretty good. But welcome back anyway.

------------------
    You bring the bullets, I'll bring the wine.

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

BK,

[​IMG]

I realized I was on the right track when I noticed a certain disregard for Walt Williams in another thread.

------------------

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

hey oilpee

lighten up your ass.

If someone is gonna start a thread that has completely nothing to do with the Rockets, then they should have the decency to move it to another forum.

If I want to see crap about LA that pertains not even remotely to the Rockets, then I'll look into NBA Dish.

If I want to see info about Isiah Thomas and Lenny Wilkins or some other NBA news, ill read NBA dish.

some are interesting threads. That doesnt mean that they arent in the wrong place.

NBA DISH

HANGOUT FORUM

they are there for a reason. If threads have nothing to do with the Rockets, they go into one of those categories. And if you looked into over half those threads you wrote, they have something to do with the Rocks.

I'm ignorant, yet even I know that.

------------------
    No signature for you!

12. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

CK,

I am stunned by your post.
    [​IMG]

Cut him some slack, he has plenty of stuff bottled up and needs to get it out. Let it flow.

Correct Forum Monitor Mango gives oeilpere a pass to post anywhere he likes.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Smeg will be assimilated.

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

13. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Right when I saw that post about Walt, I knew something was up! Noone hates Walt that much!

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mango-Your good moderating job has been commended.

is the stuff bottled up in a bottle and sent sailing out to sea?

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

15. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

NIKEstrad,

I wrote in another thread about the hills and valleys and how we are unique.

Smeg does humor and I wait for mistakes.

When I do write on a topic, it has little flair or dramatic use of the language. When the epinards lover writes, he gives the BBS the "color" to offset my lack of.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Smeg will be assimilated.

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

16. RocketsPimp

oeilpere relax dude(are you who I think you are?). Don't get your panties in a wad!

You being "new" had nothing to do with me pointing out that this post had nothing to do with the Rockets. FYI, I did the same thing to one of PhiSlammaJamma's topics. He has been on this BBS just as long, if not longer than I have.

Also, it's pretty lame you attempting to take a shot at my moniker. Leave the name alone and don't pass judgement on someone you don't know anything about and I won't judge you.

Sorry if my boldness came across as being beligerent. That wasn't my intention at all. I'm just tired of seeing posts about the Lakers, NBC anchors, and just plain non-Rocket topics in a forum specifically for Rocket issues. I mean the Clutch City Boys took there time to set up these forums for a reason.

Anyhow I was just screwing around anyway! I guess I should have put a [​IMG] beside it.

No hard feelings?

Mango don't encourage him! [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited June 21, 2000).]

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I'd watch it Mango, looks like Cisco is trying to take over the Serious Police.
    Don't care who is in charge, but i will never be assimilated.
    I love the way you have to wait for other mistakes to post Mango, thats real disappointing after the Dikembe thread that you started and i really enjoyed.
    By the way Kagy, which do you prefer french or spainish women???

Smeg

PS Off to see big Luc and skinny Anstey and the rest of the Aussies play against Russia tonight.

------------------
    Mango is the Smeg of Bizarro World

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Crisco chief of serious police hmmmm

thas something I think I could run into the ground!!!

I just felt compelled to defend RocketsPimp for doing the dirty work for me.

I swear someday Im gonna go postal.

Grrrrrr ...

------------------
    No signature for you!

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I say good luck to Isiah, and tell him, that Croshere is not a good fit for Indiana anymore, in fact here is 4.5 million in trade exception for his rights.

Now pass the FRICKEN spinach mate !

[​IMG]

DaDakota

------------------

20. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Hey Pimp

I see you beligerently adding your two cents worth to a lot of posts, especially to those who are new to the board. Your monicker is aptly named.

To answer your question these are some topics presently on this BBS under Rockets 2000: Game Action & Roster Moves:

* I hope this Laker team is not another dynasty.
    * Perdue cut by the Bulls.....
    * Congrats to LA on their title!
    * Stromile Swift revoking?
    * SHAQ MAKES ME SICK!!
    * Note on Detroit/Orlando's Picks
    * Sonic Boom Could Be In The Future For Us
    * God it's a slow news week
    * Who has any insight on T. Washington!!!!

Most are nteresting but clearly not germaine to the title. Yet for some reason the administrators do not find it necessary to rebuke the authors or remove them. It is a slow summer and new insight, and tidbits from the Rockets will be sparse for a while, so lighten up your ass.

------------------