1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ish Smith headed to the D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<a href="http://twitter.com/#!/clutchfans/status/26813862548340737">According to David Hinojosa</a> of The Monitor/RGV Sports, Ish is getting assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Monday.

2. amaru

amaru Member

makes sense w/ as well as both Aaron and Kyle are playing. He needs minutes 2 develop

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

given that we guaranteed his contract through the season, don't we own his rights and the ability to move him back and forth?

4. gah

gah Member

Great for everybody, this means AB is 100% back now.

5. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Pretty much

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They should send Williams with him. He needs to play.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Could this not only be too develop Ish but
    a) preparation for a trade
    b) to sign a FA or D league Center like Williams.
    Or am I just getting over anxious happy feet waiting for some Morey magic?

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good idea.

9. Prince

Prince Member

considering that we got also Yao's exmption, who got 2 spots available....

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Great idea, but I think they are doing a Rip Hamilton in case he is included in a trade. If he is not traded by deadline I think we'll see T-Will playing some decent minutes.

11. Happii

Happii Member

It's good that he's going to the D-League to develop if either Lowry or Brooks gets traded we can have an instant backup PG ready. But seriously Ish needs to work on his jumpshot.

12. Rockets_4_life

OMG the obsession with trade's on this board is ridiculous. Look, I can almost guarantee you that this kid isn't getting traded... trust me

You will see Martin and Budinger get traded b/f you see Williams get traded... *sigh*
    -----------

On topic:

Its good to see Ish get sent down to the developmental league, he can run the team and develop floor leadership. As well as develop his jumper..

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Every freaking thing management does is gear towards a trade according to clutchfans. Goodness gracious people, do you all ever think of anything else lol?

1 person likes this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Peace Yao.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not when the team is playing like garbage. Plus, what do you expect so close to the deadline?

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Good move for his development. With Brooks and Lowry (and Lee) going 100% Ish is not going to see any PT. I'm not even sure how much burn he'd get in practice - when they do practice. Traveling with the team and riding the bench is not helping him much. Send him down to the DLeague for some work.

You all really can't be serious about sending Williams down there?

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

All trades all the time. Until it leads somewhere constructive besides lower half of the league. Then its tank to get number one pick. Then take top talent and start building phase all over again. Cant stay still with Scola, Martin, Brooks, as your best players.

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Along with Terrence Williams - how about just send Jared Jeffries and Chase Budinger to D-League as well? Seems like everyone plays better after getting more playing time.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

To those unaware about the D-League eligibility rules. Can't send down veterans (without their permission I believe), ONLY 1st and 2nd year players. I expect that rule to change later on for injury rehab assignments.

The the player still counts on the ROSTER, so there is no OPEN roster spot. You have to outright cut a player to open a roster spot, or trade them.

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Cool! Now he can develop his game a bit further. I hope he samshes it like Pat Pat did while he was there.