1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Thomas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Nov 24, 2020.

?

get him

1. yes

31 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. no

66 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. maybe

17 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. I've seen him play a few times. His upside is he plays well enough to continue to stay in the league, so there's some kind of motivation there. the same exact reason cousins is here but cousins injuries are 10x worse. I mean spotting up is what most of the team is doing anyway. not sure why that was highlighted as if it was a knock.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If I'm gonna have a guy who does nothing but spot up I'd rather it be a 6"8 3 and D wing not a 5"8 3 and C you at the basket guard.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

at this point, the rockets are in no position to have much of a choice

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

STOP THE COUNT!!

D-rock likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cut Clemons, sign IT. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/11...tar-isaiah-thomas-says-hes-ready-shine-again/

He understands why some might be skeptical now, because during those comebacks and test drives with the Cavaliers, Lakers, Nuggets, and Wizards over the past three seasons, he often proclaimed that he had regained his powers, even though it was clear he had not. He admits now that he had no other choice.

“I had to say that,” Thomas said. “If I didn’t say that, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the chances I did with Denver and the Wizards. People who were around me every day or had seen me before I got injured obviously knew I wasn’t myself. I was definitely feeling better but it wasn’t good enough, and I think people saw that. I knew, but I had to make people believe I was OK when I really wasn’t. But, this time around, I’m feeling really good, and people can see it for themselves.”

Thomas said he was in constant pain for several years as he sought answers and remedies for the hip impingement and labral tear. Still, he remained a relatively productive offensive player given the circumstances. In 40 games with the Wizards last season, he averaged 12.2 points over just 23.1 minutes per game and shot a career-best 41.3 percent from beyond the 3-point line.

“I was really playing on one leg against the best players in the world,” he said. “That’s difficult for anybody. I just had to adjust my game to where I was able to make an impact in any way possible. I relied on my jump shot more than I usually do, and my strength has always been getting in the paint and finishing around the rim. Now I’m able to move, get to the hoop, and put pressure on the defense.”

Thomas had the resurfacing procedure about seven months ago. He was on crutches for about two weeks afterward and then began training five or six days a week. He started on-court work about three months ago and has had no setbacks. He said he has testing results to show teams medical evidence of his improved condition, too.

In addition to the runs with Irving, Durant, and Wall, he has played more frequent pickup games in the Seattle area with NBA players such as Zach LaVine, Marquese Chriss, and Jamal Crawford.

Crawford said it is clear Thomas’s burst has returned.

“This is the most healthy I’ve seen him look since Boston,” Crawford said. “He’s healthy, he’s spry, and he has that pop in his step. And he can play for long stretches now. It’s not like, ‘Man, I played yesterday, I can’t play today.’ It’s not that. Now it’s, ‘No, let’s go. Let’s go longer.’ You can tell he’s a new person.”

Crawford, one of the NBA’s most well-respected players, said he would give his full endorsement of Thomas to any general manager who asked for it. Thomas, meanwhile, is eager to prove it himself.

“I’m done talking about it now,” he said. “I just want to show it. Whoever’s going to give me a chance will see that I can be a big piece, I can be a small piece, I can be whatever a team needs me to bring. I just want to be a part of something, and I want to help.”

pippendagimp and elmotsang like this.
  6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Keep Clemons is no use, IT has finals experience, he can.do something in few minutes

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As I stated earlier. . .. . If he can be as decent as Lou Williams
    I am goood.

Rocket River

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Finals experience? When?

D-rock likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I much prefer Chris Clemons.

15-9 in the line game he started. Sick range. Tough b*stard. People are way too down on his talent, imo.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If we're gonna take a flyer on a has been let it be Jamal Crawford

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Golly.

One redemption. Team.

13. daywalker02