1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Hartenstein - Rockets second round pick (43rd overall)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wtf DmO for 3Mo?

Remlap likes this.
  2. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Interesting pick. We will see.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

good pick

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I like this pick.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. So he's a 7-footer with a back problem and has BJ Armstrong for an agent? Lovely.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This just proves Morey really did want Dmo.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  8. GottaHaveHeart

Me like this youngin!

9. amaru

amaru Member

It's possible. I'm 1/4 Chinese and I'm Ariza's complexion.

Fullcourt likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was just reading an article about this guy the other day talking about how he was black

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Morey looks like Tiger woods or Tyga. He has got a type and for better or worse he is sticking with it.

Yung-T and Rockets FTW like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If he wants to come to camp this year fine. I'd rather him stash but with him and Zo Chi coming in the Rockets have a chance to have a surprise backup big between Nanu, Zo, and GMo (German DMo).

Very little risk with all three guys and if they all suck next year you gave up nothing but 3 second rounders to get a 1 in 3 shot at scoring a decent big man prospect while you currently have some depth (if Nene is coming back) but also with opportunity for one of these guys to earn rotation minutes. It's a good year to give these guys a shot at the end of the bench.

I don't mind the pick and don't mind him coming early. If it's him or Bobby Brown give me GMo taking up the 15th roster spot.

Vivi, BigMaloe, malakas and 7 others like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If they all suck then they were all bad picks.

Of course I don't expect any GM to hit home runs with every second round pick obviously... but there are a few nba players every year in the second round. In hindsight you always wished you picked those guys obviously.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

From what I've read, he's not like DMO at all.

Dmo was a really really good prospect that fell due to attitude/rebounding concerns, but was still drafted #20.

This is guy is bigger than Dmo , but seems to lack the skill set Dmo brought into the draft. He's not thought of as a gifted passer or shooter.

If this guy develops a reliable shot / moves to create his own offense ... It's because of the work he will put in under the rockets guidance.

He doesn't sound anywhere near as polished skills wize as Dmo, and frankly his upside isn't as high. But he has a more "NBA ready" body.

I wouldn't expect this guy to look great and flash high level skills in summer league (of he plays)

I think Qi and Onuaku have higher potentials.

A lot depends on his health apparently. If his back issue is a one time thing or can be strengthened , then taking a 19 year old with his physical profile is about as good as you can do at 43

malakas and Embrace the clutch like this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats classic - lol!

BigShasta likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I. Hart this pick.

tbw914, BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  17. Know Your Role

I can see in my mind this dude and Zhou Qi battling it out in a summer game like Moses and Hakeem.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think this guy is going to be really good like starting level center in a few years.

I'm alarmed about his back but if that doesn't become and issue I think he's going to he very very good with NBA coaching and conditioning assuming he wants it and is motivated.

He's got the size at 7'1 and 250 pounds is mobile and can switch on pick and roll coverages. Is a decent rim protector and is really fast from end to end.

Offensively he has a good feel, I like players who can pass and he can pass. The best players can all pass imo. He's got a decent looking stroke shot 33% from three in 61 games and is a very good roll man and lob target and decent touch around the hoop.

Very surprised he was still around at 43 I thought he would go in the first round honestly.

He's got all the tools and size to be the modern NBA center.

I hope he can find a way to our roster this season to get proper coaching.

HE also needs to hire Dirks shooting coach.

basketballholic likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ohmigod! A high school basketball coach who's ALSO a basketball blogger found a flaw with our 2nd round Eurostash pick.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!