1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Canaan sent to The RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Jan 11, 2015.

1. nobie

nobie Member

Shved > Canaan.

2. J Hard

J Hard Member

I've lost alot of respect the way this team operates. Demote a man that has developed into a very good backup PG, smh. morey and mcfail have found their new player to throughly disrespect. Unbe-frikkin-lievable, this is a detrimental move in every aspect because how can this help Canaan's development? His psyche? He was performing in pressure NBA situations and balling against NBA comp, what more does he need to do to show he's ready? Another brain dead decision by the coaches and management.

2 people like this.
  3. awc713

awc713 Member

Bev should not be getting 30/min a game. I love his game and what he brings, but the offense gets stagnant with him at the helm. No logical reason a PG like Bev shouldn't play 20/min a game. He'd be fresher and his D would be even more intense.

Canaan is a serviceable NBA player at this point. He's not a young, unseasoned kid. He's proved he can play, be effective, and be a sparkplug for an often stagnant offense.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The BBS Assistants out in full force on this one.

My guess is Shved is clearly outplaying him as a PG.

5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I sincerely hope he requested this...

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Better than rotting on the bench I supose. Cannan looked good when he had the opportunity to play but for whatever reasons the coaching staff does not believe in him yet.
    He's gonna kill it down in the D league and only get better. Hope he gets a real chance to shine with the Rockets eventually.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Meh. Similr thing happened with D-Mo before. It's a good way to keep guys in shape while still working on team principles and individual skills.

I think he deserves to be ahead of Shved and probably Terry in the rotation, but going to RGV is better than sitting on the bench.

8. dwhite

dwhite Member

That is incorrect.....should read Shved is taller than Canaan. McHale does not like short pgs like Brooks and Canaan. He will eventually be traded. Didn't Drexler predict he'd make the All-Star game?

9. nobie

nobie Member

Incorrect based on your opinion.

10. haydenfisher342

this is clearly a move to give shved more PT, and to keep Cannon ready. We need to showcase Shved because he will be traded come Feb need his value high as possible

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They will let Bev and Ariza chuck like there is no tomorrow. You can't beat good teams doing that.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He requested play time no doubt...

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Schved is back and IC needs some p/t.

Light it up, ICE - - then come back home!

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wowsers, wish you were in charge.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think this will help his confidence. Frankly speaking, I am quite surprised as to why he needs to go there in the first place. If defense is the main reason, he needs to practice with the rest of team.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

About to raise his value as an asset

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The only way Canaan can raise his value, is by playing well in the NBA.

I hope he will be back with the team soon.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

That would be my guess too. I mean Shved is now infront of him, he was probably like, hey guys at least let me play with the Vipers...

I'm worried he lost confidence in management and will look to get out asap

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I wonder if it's the exact opposite. Keep him off the radar until after the deadline and spotlight shved for trade.

20. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Two or three games ago there was a shot of the bench and he was stretching his ankle with one of those stretching bands. I think it has more to do with Shved being healthy so he wouldn't be seeing much time.