1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao Really Worth Keeping Long Term?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cglede, Jan 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

thanks guys for talking basketball again!!!

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

My perception wasn't that you bash people left and right. I'm just speaking of this instance. You only appear to be tempermental.

Of course that's just my perception. I might be mistaken.

3. cglede

thanks wilkins!!! At least someone has some rationale here...
    Shawn should banned from Clutch alltogether!!!!

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

R U Kidding me? I and alota other people in this thread were thinking the same thing about u... Now let me talk about basketball like you want.

Hakeem "the dream" Olajuwan wasn't known to dunk every chance he got. He was known for his shoting touch and his foot work. I dont know about you but id rather watch hakeem do a dream shack than see Amare dunk the ball in the goal anyt day of the week! Thus my point is everyone cant be extreamly agressive and dunk every chance they get. Other players have other skills. Yao for example can shooot the ball. When was the last time a 7 6 guy had skills and lenth? NEVER! Rather than appreciat the guy all you can do is bash him and im feed up with it! Heres the truth Yao is here to stay because weather you know it or not he IS a star player & you dont trade them away for trash...

Thank you & have a great day!

shawn

p.s. sorry for the ****y spelling :cool:

#64 shawn786, Jan 5, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  5. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Folks, what we have here is the first post in this thread that uses correct grammar. I just thought that someone should point that out. ;)

6. cglede

One thing that I do know is that Yao Ming is going to have to start proving his self to players that he isn't afraid of anybody, and stop backing down to non-factoring players...

Because what is going to start happening is players are not going to back down to Yao.. Point guards are going to start driving in on him more, and guess what Yao is going to get more and more into foul trouble.. The refs already don't give him respect as it is!!

7. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

No wonder why this thread has a 1 star rating.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

9. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

Blah, Blah, Blah!! tell us something we don't know.

10. Charvo

Charvo Member

That's right. What I see in the NBA as far as the respect for Yao from players and refs is that Yao is a soft Asian guy who thinks he can play a black man's game. Yao is not just one of the guys. He's not like the other guys who have played in the low post in the NBA history. White guys have tried to play the low post game. None in recent history have been successful.

It's too bad Yao doesn't play with more of a chip on his shoulders because it doesn't seem like he is playing to prove anything to anyone. He's already got the cash. He's got the all-star selection.

I think Bibby played like a mad man against the the Rockets a lot of times because Steve Francis always got chosen for the all-star team. Look at Stephon Marbury who was always jaded about not being selected to the Western Conference all-stars. Amare may never get into the all-star game, and he knows it too even if he plays the center position. Yao's huge fandom will make sure of that.

Yao will never have the motivation like Amare has. Complacency is a killer to a professional athlete.

11. cglede

To tell you guys the truth, I think that the only way for Yao to get out of his punkish ways, someone is going to give him a elbow to his face or something that going to change his thinking on being so complacid!!!

Something that will stick out in his career, so that when he thinks about it, it will make him mad and dunk on anything in sight, score at will!!!!!!!! I hope that this day will come... If it doesn't I'll still be a Rocs fan... A Disgruntled Fan, but a Fan!!!

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Hey cglede,

Here is a tip for the future. Typically thread starters offer some new info or insight. Rarely are "good" threads started that simply ask a question. Afterall, what benefit does that provide?

The reason folks are explaining that you back up your claim is because if you start a thread...then you should have a point. If you criticize a player without making a decent point, then you open yourself to be flamed.

As Jim Rome says, have a take and don't suck.

Nobody wants to hear somebody's rant.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Your posts are very similar to jedi234343, who just recently was banned I believe...strange that you start posting after we haven't heard from him in awhile. Hmmm.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's just funny everytime I see it!:D

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I agree i started cracking up when i saw it lol

16. micah1j

micah1j Member

Stupidest thread ever. I just wasted how many minutes reading this garbage?

Don't feed the trolls.

17. Wala

Wala Member

What wrong with 19 and 9 board a game ? The problem is yall expect to much.

And why that Iverson score more than Shaq ? simple he is quicker and can get the ball anytime while Shaq have to wait for the ball to come to him. Same go to Amare score more than Yao he can get the ball while Yao is waiting for the ball to come to him and Rockets is very bad at that.

I think Yao is always be a 21 and 10 board guy and that all i'm hoping for and for those who expect 30 and 15 board than go to the CBA and Europe league and watch the game.

18. Wala

Wala Member

It's too bad Yao doesn't play with more of a chip on his shoulders because it doesn't seem like he is playing to prove anything to anyone. He's already got the cash. He's got the all-star selection.

Yao will never have the motivation like Amare has. Complacency is a killer to a professional athlete. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good point because he got nothing to prove except to win a championship. He got to the All-star game twice and will get a lot of cash so nothing that motivate him like winning a chapionship in the Olympic. DO you see how motivate he is playing in the Olympic. Now I see other Center try to prove they are better and Yao don't seem to care.

19. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

If any of you Yao-haters are watching the game right now- "why did they take Amare out halfway through the first quarter"?

B/C Yao caused a huge mismatch problem for Amare. That is what I was talking about in my earlier post and that's what you won't see in the stats.

20. 12345

12345 Member

http://slamonline.com/magazine/features/Amare85/

Amare: “I don’t ever want to get satisfied, you know what I mean?”