1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao Really Worth Keeping Long Term?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cglede, Jan 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

No some of us have higher education levels than your self. Thank you very much!

2. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

come on shawn, we don't want this to get ugly!!

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Offer him a 1.5 million/year deal. If he does not like it, just lay him off, or let him walk, as long as it keeps the Rockets fans happy.

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

:confused: Not sure what you are trying to ask at the end there, I'm thinking english isn't your first language but that's okay.
    Anyways, you wanted resolutions: 1. Yao improves as he gets more NBA experience. (real tough one there) 2. Trade Yao for KG, TD, or Lebron. (ain't happening) 3. Just deal with it for now.

Indeed.

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Hasn't it allready?? Im just saying I dont understand your point? Everyone cant be like shaq & dunk the ball! & my signature makes perfect sense.

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Yesterday we had the 'Tmac for Lebron' thread.

Today we have this one.

What are we going to have tomorrow?

7. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

Oh I can read! You have no clue what you have done, do you?

A Negative Yao thread = Suicide

Its best for you to just

FADE to black

8. cglede

Does anyone agree or at least explain to me what is going on with YOA, oh I mean Yao…..:

Is this spanish???

9. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Nothing to see here, folks. Just vote 1, move on.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Right on. Amare is a beast and is constantly being setup by the best PG in the L. That's a great combo for points. Who in the league dunks all the time like Shaq and Amare?

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I see your a jr member cglede so ill give you a bit of advice. Quit while your ahead becuse this is a argument your not gona win. Theres to many reasons against your posts...

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I wish I had the power to ban people...

13. cglede

Instead of criticism why don't you explain to me why Yao is 7'6 and the ball is being ripped away from him and supposely he is the Rockets Savior!!!! Every seen Shaq get punked like that even early in his career.. I like Yao I hate the fact that he plays that European style of play!!! He lacks heart!! OKay!!!

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Lacks heart? Damit didnt i just ask you to quit while you were ahead? Severe Rox Fan and I have been trying to explain it to you but you CANT READ OUR POSTS! :mad:

15. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

"YEP, Hovvvvy's home........!

16. cglede

hey stay on the sideline rookie!!!

17. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Shawn,

All you're doing is fueling the fire with your vague responses. This junior member joined this club before you. Just because you stir up crap, doesn't make you any better. You didn't offer anything that wasn't obvious to anyone. The poster first provided a disclaimer saying that he didn't want everyone to take it the wrong way and that he was concerned with Yao's development and even questioned whether we could trade Yao for Amare.

That's fair. Unlikely, but fair.

However, your responses have been mostly degrading. If you have this higher education, you certainly don't appear to be using it.? Personal attacks aren't necessary and Severe Rockets Fan can fend for himself.

At least Severe Rockets Fan offered points and didn't resort to calling the guy a dumbass.:rolleyes:

Respond however you like, but don't claim to be a senior member with higher level education until you can make rational non-degrading responses. I expect I'll be attacked now, but don't expect a response unless you make a valid claim.

Oh and my response to the original thread is this:

Yao will continue to develop. This is not a continuation from last years team, so that needs to be factored in. The reason he gets the ball stripped has nothing to do with the amount of heart he has, because I believe he has more heart than most NBA players. It's because his reflexes are slow and he lacks strength. Perhaps he can get a lesson from Dennis Rodman, so these guys don't batter him down low so much. Maybe Deke could give him some elbow theory as well.

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

This thread reminds me of the Jerky Boys, the bit they do about Kerpal and Harbinder. What we have here is the failure to communicate!:) :)

19. rvpals

rvpals Member

A very simple answer for you: Yao and Amare is totally different players. Is dunking the only thing you can use to measure a player? For your information, Yao is also among the leaders of the most dunks this season.

20. supermagichero

Agree! Waive him now! Then all the sudden the Yao-haters will be happy and the Rocket will win a title. :D