1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao Really Worth Keeping Long Term?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cglede, Jan 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

Is Really Worth Keeping Long Term

Don’t take me as being mean, but I think that Yao Ming has proven that he can score and play in this league, but I still expect so much more from him, and I don’t feel like he is advancing or excelling to his potential.. The question is will he ever meet our expectations.. Every game I watch I’m still expecting for him to take it hard to the hole one time and dunk it over somebody on a consistent basis, not once every 2 years.. Yeah okay Yao occasionally shoots over his opponent or get a wide open dunk, come on, Admare is averaging 26 points at center with a height of 6’10.. That should tell you guys something, there isn’t too many centers in the league, and with the few, they are really excelling.. But it seems Yao isn’t one of them!!!! Why!!!! Does anyone agree or at least explain to me what is going on with YOA, oh I mean Yao…..:mad: Yao is 7'6 use it to your ADVANTAGE PLEASE!!!!

2. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

No. We should waive him.

3. cglede

thanks!! agreed!!

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yao is much more of a finesse player and is a more skilled player than Amare. With that said Amare is faster and dunks a LOT.

Come on Yao is nearing a 20 / 10 average, which I think is very good progress for someone his age and NBA experience.

Do I wish Yao played to his size, hell yes! I think it’ll come in time but he has to develop a better NBA game.

We would be fools to part with him this early in his career.

By the way, which other centers are you talking about, let's see

Shaq
    Yao
    Amare PF/C
    Big Z

who else? Dampier:rolleyes:

5. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Trade Yao+Spoon+Ward for Cato+Mobley.

Please make this happen! Both sides will be happy!

C: Cato
    PF: Howard
    SF: TMac
    SG: Cat
    PG: Sura

Wow! Awesome starting five! And Rockets get rid of 2 bad contracts too!

#5 bob718, Jan 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

who's side are you on? It sure wouldn't make the Rockets happy

7. cglede

Yes i would love to get back cat daddy... But won't happen!!

How about Amare for Yao!! :rolleyes:

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Look down at my signature.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

They don’t want to wait they want him scoring 30/12 now!:rolleyes:

10. cglede

Just Numbers Don't mean anything, these two players are totally different in style of play!!!

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So what's your point? Yao needs to improve, no kidding :rolleyes: . Once his stats stop improving then I think we should start to get alarmed, but saying there are better players then him in the league is a no brainer.

I'll tell you what, I'd HATE for us to go up against a team with Yao on it, unless we had Shaq to even out the production.

So who do you think we should trade Yao for?

12. cglede

You tell me???

13. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Dude im just gona come out and say it. Your a dumbass!

He's asking you to prove your post, yet you ask him back the same question :confused:

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So you made a thread b/c you are frustrated about Yao's play but have no clue about what to do about it...good one.

Yao couldn't be traded for anyone except for players that other teams won't give up. There's your answer. Yao's here to stay for quite awhile, if that bothers you, I suggest you quit being a rockets fan to save you from future hypertension.

15. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Let me answer it for you.

Yao has no trade value. He's a cancer and disgrace to Rockets franchise. We should waive him ASAP.

16. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

No offense, but that is your problem. Not every player, let alone every big man, is the type to just look for ways of dunking on others. What does is matter how he scores anyway? He has shown lots of signs IMO that he is getting better and better. Is he consistent right now? Absolutley not. But, he has taken control in stretches on both ends of the court and has had some pretty big games overall. IMO, by the end of this season everyone will be singing a different tune about Yao. I think he will have his breakthrough some point at, or around, the allstar break and become the franchise player we all expected him to be. But, that's just me.

17. cglede

well if you read my POSTS i'm asking you all why, and what needs to happen, and your suppose to answer back with an maybe with an resolution to consider or something.. What level education did we finish here elementary!!

18. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

Dude you better prove your point its getting ugly out here! :eek:

19. cglede

Can you read too!!!

20. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I forget all the times I have seen KG force his way inside and dunk on people. :rolleyes: