1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao Ming underappreciated as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

First we are not a contender even this yearn we are barely making the playoffs. Second its getting TMac that has changed the team's fortunate. 50 win season first year he joined and the year he has been healthy. Third, if the Rockets is a misierable club then please just leave this forum.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I guess some never give up on ignorance... Problem is it becomes stupidity.

We are not discussing opinions. Dream own records and feats that Jordan never accomplished that are more impressive.

Look at the short list of players with rebound and blocked shot titles in the SAME year.

Jordan didn't make that list.

Look at the list of quadruple doubles.

Hmmmm....

You telling me that it doesn't impress you to be a shot blocker?

Try being a 7 ft shot blocking, season record holder AND running the floor the other way to be the rebound champ on both ends in the same year.

It simply isn't heard of... except for three elite occasions...

How's that for "Rare Air." ;)

3. noname

noname Member

player's injury is a part of the NBA!

frustration is a part of one(like us Rockets fans)'s life!

tomorrow is another day, and life is still going on!

come on baby! we still have heart!

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He could win a playoff series without Kobe or Wade. Yao has to win a playoff series before he can "win it all". Get real.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ridiculous. Dream never played with anyone near the quality of Pippen or Kobe or Wade or any of the secondary stars that have been on championship teams in the last 20 years. The Pistons are a rarity and if you looked at NBA history you'd understand that.

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

First of all, how do you compare a center to a guard in any era? Wow. Second, if you don't think too much of Dream, you obviously didn't see him make David Robinson, a fantastic defender, look more like Shawn Bradley.

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

in 1995 Western Conference Finals I mean.

8. Cav000

Cav000 Member

r u so sure? :confused: we'll check ur words in the coming games...

9. rfila

rfila Member

Many replies kind of drifted away from the original post. I put some typical replies in this thread here so some of your lazy guys do not have to go throgh all the crazy talk.

I probably should not put "Old Man Rock"'s reply last by the time stamp. But I am doing it anyway, because it makes sense and I like it(they are the same ;) )

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

rifla- That was pretty good. I just think some of thee posters that has just started following the rox because of yao are kinda sensitive. I disagree with u and ibm about yao on some points, but it doesn't get personal.

I think many on this board appreciate what yao brings to the court, but some think he is untradeable. Kidd has been traded 4 times and shaq has been traded 3 times. Those two are 2 of the greatest at their position ever. Hell. the lakers almost traded kobe and a guy like gasol who is just as good as yao was traded. The league is a business and if a great offer is proposed to the rox, yao will probably be traded.

11. Panda

Panda Member

I'd trade Yao for LeBron James.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yao seems to be overappreciated by the Rockets to me. You don't see Tmac with threads about his haircut o_O

13. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

change "Chinese basketball officials" into "Houston Rocket",it still make sense......

14. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I don't know if I fall under the category that you described, but I also think some of the "trade-Yao" fans don't realize that there is nothing we can get that will improve our chances of winning in ring in the near future!

Only player that might come closer to give us an equal value on Yao are Dwight Howard, or Tim Duncan but they aren't getting traded. There is a reason that the Heat and the Suns traded for Shaq. The both realized the importance of a post presence. If you want further proof, just think of the teams that have rings in the last decade plus. With the exception of Jordan, the rest of the rings belong to the Dream, Shaq, and Duncan. Even Detroit had a dominant post presence with 'Sheed's post-up and Big Ben's rebounding/defense.

I am even sure that a combo of LeBron James and T-Mac can get us a championship because we would be really weak against a team like the Lakers.
    So I think that some fans (ie Guy that made the thread/poll about what to do with Yao if we advance without him) don't sit down and think before they post.

Just my two cents, but the fact that the trophies belong to teams with dominant big men should put some of these illogical posts to rest.

On the other hand, the uber-sensitive **** do take things a little to far. Yao should be criticizes for things which he can control (turnovers, shot selection, etc), but not injuries since they are a part of sports. But some **** get really defensive if you criticize Yao's play on the court and quickly make it a Yao v. Mac argument which confuses the hell out of me.

15. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Sorry. Fixed that sentence. :D