1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao Ming underappreciated as a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Feb 28, 2008.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

NO. We would appreciate the honesty.

And the lack of drivel as a response on a HOUSTON ROCKETS (not NBA in general, not Bulls, Bucks, or Lakers) board.

We love honesty. Not false accusation and a lack of reality when it comes to the player in question.

2. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

How can any Rockets fan not like Yao?

The guy is a great guy, does his job every night, and works his ass off. Any fan that doesn't like that is a moron! I can understand fans sometimes becoming frustrated with certain stuff, but if you hate a guy like Yao, then consider yourself a jackass!

Plus, the only fans that watch the Rockets that hate Yao are the ****!

3. IROC it

You missed a "?" there.

And oh, by the way... many of us on here feel that way.

Many of us.

Bob Costas even posed the thoughts nationally on the end of the 1995 Finals... while Jordan was at home watching... that Dream was the BEST player in the NBA "Jordan included" -those were Mr. "Mulitple Sports Broadcasting Emmy Award Winning" Costas words.

Again, nice try.

[​IMG]

4. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

The answer to your first question is yes, since you don't care if he wins those games with the Rockets, Lakers, Mavs ( :mad: ), or Jazz ( :mad: )! We don't want the Mavs, Jazz or Spurs to win under any circumstance!

The answer to your second question is no, there is no problem with that until you throw a tantrum like you are in this thread. Then it becomes a problem because you sound like a *** and I can't stand ****, or **** or any other OFs!

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I just have a couple of points. I think Yao's financial impact on the rockets is overrated. The nba cba isn't like baseball where u keep all of ur own revenue, its shared by all the teams. So Yao is more imporatant to the league than the rockets team.

I actually think many give Yao a pass. I've been called a hater because I guess my expectation of yao is higher than a lot of other people. I'm used to seeing dominant rocket centers. Hayes,Moses and Dream were dominant and I guess with his size and skill set I was expecting the same.

I just think Yao is a good player and a great person from what I can tell. The entire deal with him being fully committed to the rockets wasn't expected. That was a question by most before he was drafted. Not to mention, chinesse govt has been well compensated for allowing yao to come play.

I think everyone including myself appreciate and understand yao is a good player, but if you listen hard enough, people will make it seem like he's irreplacable which I disagree with. I mean he hasn't gotten his team out of the 1st rd. I can imagine how many rings dream would have had if he had a player of tracy's caliber by his 2nd yr in the league.

If people would take the emotion out of it and just look at it for what it is, then the yao situation is easy to look at.

I made a comment about u can't serve 2 masters. One guy commenting back talking about slavery or something. Being a black man, I wouldn't ever compare anything including the extermination of jews in WW2 to slavery. Anyone can put it together to understand the biblical context of it.

I just think Yao can't ever be a great player because of his commitments to cnt taking up most of his summers. I just think its asking too much of him to take the punishment in the nba and the national team. Just as its Adelmas job is to win games, its the cnt coach to win games also. Its a hard fact, but its the truth.

6. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

another pure rox fan. so pure.

7. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

The other thread/poll you keep referencing should not make you so mad because you can simply bypass it. But you choose to look into it and then get anger over some nonsense. Fans are fans, and fans get frustrated when the see a season that is so promising get derailed. Don't get me wrong, those fans are a bit crazy because injuries happen in sports and you can't win **** without Yao Ming on this team. Just look at the Lakers. They went from crap to sudden championship contenders with the arrival of Bynum (they were considered contenders before Gasol too).

If you trade Yao, who are you going to get that gives us a chance against Bynum, Howard, Duncan, etc? Enough said! :cool:

8. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

this may be off your topic. How well do you think yao would play in an era when a player without the basketball cannot be double-teamed? Just curious.

9. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

HAHAHHA. You just mentioned the "Rox dumping the Dream" and now you ask this question? You got me laughing out loud and shaking my head at the same time! :p

10. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

I never thought too much of Dream and still don't. Jordan made so many people look bad in that era.

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

You are now just being RUDE and BLASPHEMOUS! I don't care if you are a ***, or whatever, but please DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT, disrespect Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon like that EVER AGAIN!

If so, then please leave this board and go join a Chicago Bulls fan site and chat about the great Air Jordan! :mad:

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Funny how you speak of America's/the NBA's disloyalty to their superstars (ie Rox dumping Dream), yet you are brainwashed by our American propaganda (ie Jordan shoes)!

Too much laughter going on!

You sir are a victim of CORPORATE AMERICA! Now go and enjoy a Happy Meal! ;)

13. IROC it

Have you ever even seen footage of Dream?

If you haven't I suggest you do...

Here's a small clip.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBrEsNS9zKg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBrEsNS9zKg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

You realize that before age 17... Dream had NEVER even tried to play basketball?

Dream owns Jordan... to this day.

What is easier? Chucking shots until you're lead in scoring? Or get the most blocked shots in league history?

[​IMG]

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What if yao had to play in that physical era when big guy played like big guys. What if he had to play against 7ft guys that could put 2 hands in the small of your back. What about playing against Robinson,Ewing,kareem,parish,daughtery,and moses malone. Then in your 8th yr Shaq,Mourning, and Mutombo come into the league?

15. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

I didn't say ROX definitely dumped Dream and I did say maybe it was dream who dumped ROX. Anyway, Jordan is better than Dream. It is not about CORPORATE AMERICA. Jordan brainwashed the fans around the world with his 6 rings. Dream can only brainwash ROX fans with his two rings. Both are very cool.

16. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

yao is used to physical plays. he has been wrestling in the games almost all the time.
    Go back to the question, would Yao play better or not?

17. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Yao got two hands on the small of his back. People played against him like that with good impunity. no problem for yao.

18. IROC it

19. IROC it

20. IROC it