1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Usman Garuba The Next Draymond Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 19, 2022.

?

Do you think Garuba is the next Draymond Green?

1. Yes, he will be a defense star for our team in the future.

27 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. No, he is just a high energy guy coming off the bench.

59 vote(s)
    68.6%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The NBA is a tough place. Even if you're good, if you dont take advantage of slim chances youre out of the league.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is a top 5 worst thread of the 2020’s

i3artow i3aller, sirjesse and topfive like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of the posts on the 1st page…yikes

CF loves to overhype scrubs

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kevon Looney is invaluable to the GSW and that man wouldn't sniff the court on any other team in the NBA. situation matters. people on here say players are garbage just as much as players are overhyped.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

c’mon…this just simply isn’t true

topfive and YOLO like this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Most of the time, Garuba was closer to Hakeem than he was Draymond. . . . And I mean that as in proximity in the room, not talent.

burlesk likes this.
  7. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Garuba is 21. Draymond Green made this numbers in his first season in the NBA, the year he turned 23:

2.9 points, 3.3 rebounds, 0.7 assists, in 13.4 minutes.

Last season, being 2 years younger, Garuba did this:

3 points, 4.1 rebounds, 0.9 assists in 12.9 minutes.

if someone gives Garuba a chance, he is in time.

saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think you throw in two players and they have the same trajectory.

I think I have seen the same logic used on a lot of young players before.

Normally used on players on your favorite team.

Now you have taller players who can do the playmaking stuff Draymond does, today Draymond would get fewer opportunities as well.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

not an NBA player

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Easily 100% Wrong

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kevon Looney would be Javale with no post game on any other team in the NBA. People would say, "oh he is a good rebounder/defender(?)", and that's it. man has no offensive game at all. Looney is AVERAGE on any team in the NBA. Meanwhile GSW is gonna retire his number someday. He is elite at his role in GSW. Put Looney in a system with Silas, that man would crash and burn out of the NBA 100%

There is no way in hell Looney is starting at center on another team. Draymond allows that man to be a starter. looney doesn't even protect the rim like a center.

situations matter.

burlesk likes this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Garuba has not, as of today, been pick up by any teams and cut by two. Hard times for our free agent friend. However I remain a believer in him. The Rockets would benefit from his talents because great things organically happen to his team when he plays. He is a team player that may not jump off the stat page or in a highlight reel but the feel or vibe of the team is better with his play. If winning is our goal than he should be a Rocket because solid steady players make winning happen.

saleem, burlesk and CarlosGM like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

u just changed your argument from Looney wouldn’t sniff the court on any team except GS to he’s average on any NBA team to he would crash and burn out the NBA

Which one is it?

saying Looney would only get PT on GS and nowhere else is ridiculous…stop it

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Come on man. You know I was being hyperbolic. You know the spirit of what I'm saying. Looney is a serviceable-ish big man: he can rebound and set a screen. You put those simple qualities on any other team in the NBA and that man is not supplanting a starter. his skill set is not enough without Curry and Draymond running around. Looney is a championship starting Center on GSW. list the starting center jobs he is taking. Looney is a backup center on another team. The PT looney would get here in Houston, yall would def say he was garbage too.

the crux of what im saying is situations matter.

yall losing focus on purpose.

15. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

No, I don’t think they will have the same trajectory. In fact I believe he will return to Madrid (where I live) and have a solid FIBA career. But if given the opportunity, he could be a contributor to an NBA contender. Too bad he may not receive the opportunity

saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Looney wasn't exactly some unskilled stiff coming into the NBA. He just chose to focus on defense and rebounding and it worked out well for him.

I know it's a mixtape but you have to have a bit of a bag to be called the next Kevin Durant. Also, Looney has been a lot more than average for the Warriors. Are you forgetting how badly he sonned Sabonis just this year in the playoffs? He had 3 20 rebound games and 3 6+ assist games just in that series (also had 23 rebs game 1 against the lakers). He sticks to his lane and does it very well. Garuba will never be half the player Looney is. I dunno why you're so attached to this scrub just let him go.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd love to see Garuba brought back. I was really looking forward to seeing how he fit under Udoka. But if the Rockets don't want him back, that says quite a lot about what they're seeing in practice.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The answer is obviously no, he is an undersized big,who is a decent defender, and a developing offensive player.

DD

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

A quality role player like looney gets rotation minutes anywhere. Hes perfectly fine being a starter or off the bench as he’s proven. Your claim of he wouldn’t sniff the court anywhere else was trash and 100% Incorrect

20. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Kevon Loony in the short roll was one of the few things keeping GSW in that series with the Harden and Paul rockets prior to the hamstring incident, he played Clint Capela off the court, and was arguably GSW's 4th best player at times.