1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Trevor Ariza the new Shandon Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

As a Rocket, in 164 games, Anderson averaged 10.5 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 31 minutes per game. He shot .461 from the floor, and also averaged 1.09 steals per game.

If those are scrub numbers, so be it. I, however, say they're pretty competent numbers. Worthy of his contract? No. But scrubbish? Hell no.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, Anderson signed with the Rockets for dirt cheap(which may have involved some behind the door wink wink agreements). So he was more than worth his contract. He wasn't worth the extension though.

Someone brought up Posey, which I agree is a better comparison for Ariza. Ariza's not a system player like Anderson. Anderson was a smart player who played his role well in a great offensive system,with the best pure PG to ever play the game. But he wasn't a guy that could just blossom anywhere.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A greyhound that is. I am not sure if Posey was stealing the ball like that. Constantly pressuring the opponent and getting in transition so swift.

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Battier is the highest paid roleplayer on our team, not Trevor Ariza.

Battier will be paid $6,939,200, this season. Ariza gets $5,854,000. Battier is the new Shandon Anderson.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yep. I'm afraid that he is a merely a good role player. It was clever of Morey to play to his ego by appealing to his delusions of being some sort of star.

Too early to tell, though..

6. 523744

523744 Member

Battier has been regarded as one of the best defenders of the decade, and has been a starter in this league for almost 10 years. Shandon Anderson was in no way the player Battier is.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He was a lot better his first year here when he played the 2. In his second year, he played at the 3 a lot with Mobley starting at the 2. Mobley was coming off the bench in SA's first year here. I liked that arrangement better - they just didn't have any other 3 to play other than Walt Williams or else it would have worked better. Also SA only made 2 mil a year here so I don't see what there is to complain about at all really.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I was happy to see Ariza get it going on both sides of the ball last night.

Dude is a menace out there with his long arms!

9. dream2002

dream2002 Member

Robert Horry