1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Is Tmac is done?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jun 1, 2007.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

one thing u guys hit right on the money was Tmac's lack of lower body strength. He had "NO" legs for a good part of the season. A lot of jumpers were just short, he never dunked, he really struggled at finishing anything around the basket, his reboudning was way down. He should dedicate this summer to getting better lower body strength, he must find a way to get some of that explosiveness back

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Post of the year so far.

3. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

He just takes too much burden under JVG's static offense. T-Mac's shooting percentage was better when Yao was out. New coach will show how to use player efficently. :D

4. awo86

awo86 Rookie

barkley has drinking problem u idiot

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

is tmac is or is tmac ain't done?

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

How did Yao get into the picture? Or you just assume that anyone who says something negative about Tmac is a Yao's fan? Has the OP even mentioned Yao in his post? I don't understand you guys. Yao and Tmac are both Houston Rockets and cornerstones of the team. Why do you always have to pit them against each other? If you think the thread starter is dumb, you are equally dumb.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Haven't you read his posts? It's not hard to identify him as a TOF.

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Barkley's drunkeness is only a problem when people throw ice at him. I'm not sure how that relates to Tracy McGrady having the mental stability of Vin Baker though.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

you better get your reading skills up to speed :rolleyes:

10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

you is fail at the is internets.

11. Barkley

Barkley Member

And that's all right. T-Mac and Yao are Rockets but there are a lot of threads with Yao's or Tracy's trade. We know it won't happen but...T-Mac and Yao wil stay...that's for sure

Well I like Tracy and he's my best player. For me Yao is dominating player but he has to improwe yet. I can't say i like him...

And that thread "Is Yao done" was just a joke

12. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

is t-mac is or is t-mac aint my baby......

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Tracy Mc Grady is an important asset of the Rockets- Move him now because in three years Yao will be that much older. Get players now who can develop with Yao. So that in three years a new team chemistry will have been built, not just starting over again. the Rockets would be advised to get what they can now while the going is good. I said this last offseason and I am saying it again. If his back goes he will be worth zero. Not only that but the Rockets team would be damaged for several seasons.

14. Sextuple Double

No............but this thread needs to be done :eek:

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude have u seen how yao carry this team? sure he can score and score a lot, he's not the defensive anchor, a dominant rebounder, or an intimidator. unless u can get 2 all-stars for tracy or a superstar, making yao first option => missing the playoffs. it's that simple.

now if u get kobe or lebron james, :D . hell even getting gilbert arenas for tmac would not make this team better.

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

Good point. I agree

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

You fools make me laugh. :D

T-Mac had a career year where he averaged 25-6-6 and had the most wins of his career 52 while playing most of the season without his superstar teammate.

Can Kobe, Lebron or Wade carry this team to 52 victories while playing with absolute scrubs and over-the-hill players like Juwan Howard, Dekembe Mutombo, Rafer Alston and Luther Head?

Face it that game 7 loss was heartbreaking but that doesn't mean T-Mac is useless and should be traded. You would be a complete idiot to trade T-Mac at this point in his career.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont think he is even close to done. i think he will work well with patterson (sp?) to help his back even more. i think a lot of times his "lost a step" is a mental block and a bit of fear, thats understandable last time I checked tracy mcgrady is human like the rest of us. He played really well in the playoffs but also played not so well this year in the playoffs. Unfortunately i think this year it was more on the other guys than him, if battier,howard,to an extent yao, and head played to the level they played during the regular season then the jazz would have been dismissed in the first round, but they didnt. tracy did his best to set these guys up, i cant remember how many times he created a WIDE OPEN shot for someone only to see it brick. Its funny a how fickle people and the media can be with a make or miss or a single decision. I mean for example there was a game against the warriors where fishers takes an quick catch,turn and shoot 3 from the corner and drains it to give the jazz a 2pt lead...doug collins raves how "its championship experience", but if he misses that shot, so what its that still "championship experience"? no its immediately an ill-advised shot. like lebron's pass if marshall makes his wide-open three lebron "is that special player who knows when to trust his teammates and when to trust himself" but marshall missed it so its all "he should have drove" talk.

mcgrady does have a lot of good years in him, but this team needs more creators, the last playoff team had sura and james and in some ways barry and wesley who could create their own shot or drive in instead of being reliant on one person or two people to do everything.

while i worry about his mental state after losing again i think with a new coach who also is a great coach he will come back stronger mentally and i think once he finally gets over the "1st round" hump he is going to be even more motivated.

but get that other guy in here quick, rashard,stevie (hopefully both!)

19. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i think if he were to become lean like he was in orlando and his 1st year in houston, he will be quicker and more mobile. this season was the heaviest i've seen him.

20. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

You haven't answered my questions yet. How did Yao get into the picture? And what makes you think the OP is a Yao's fan? But it's ok if you don't have answers for the questions or you simply don't want to answer them. Just stop trying to pit Tmac against Yao here. You won't be able to get anything out of it other than pissing matches which are not what we need on this board. I am glad you love one of our players but it doesn't mean you have to see his teammates as his competitors. Remember both of them wear the Rockets jerseys. I don't want to call you a TOF like the other poster did. But this is a fans board for the whole team. I hope you are able to understand that.