1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tmac a Point-Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles, Aug 2, 2007.

1. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

i'm not trying to raise my post count shipwreck.

2. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Im confused. Are you saying you will be objective and not-personal about all issues except for the label of Tmac as a swingman or point-forward?

3. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

i'm saying that i will more about my opinions when i'm not 100% sure on something

but i'm 100% sure on this that he isn't a point forward. Nobody has honestly provided any DECENT facts.

4. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

can everyone who voted please explain?

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Just drop it for flip's sake, don't you see that most people voted 'WHO GIVES A CRAP?' If you are so curious, just read the ISH thread and you'll find out.

6. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

ISH?

with fudge? no thanks the dude has problems.

7. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

WhoMikeJames i'm still waiting please answer. :(

8. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

He's a point forward. That's all there is to it.

Tracyyao1, you really really need to get over this obsession of yours. I see it in every rockets board i frequent, repeated ad nauseum. Just admit that the vast majority of people disagree with you and move on. You don't think he's a point forward, fine. Good for you.

As a side note...are you also the guy who kept going on about Tracy's legwarmer/tights during the season? I could've sworn you were going on about that too at some point.

9. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

i'm just seeing whos smart here and who isn't really.

10. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

can more people please explain there answers?

and whomikejames please answer my question.

11. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

more?

whomikejames? :mad:

12. momosworld

momosworld Member

Glady: I voted that I don't give a crap. Because if I met a sage or guru or wise man who said that he would answer this question with the wisdom of the ages in a way that any man could understand and no man could argue with and all that it would cost me was crap... I would not give it.

Once again 45 seconds of my life that I will never get back. Man this season can not start soon enough.

13. ham

ham Member

How about this. If the coach has Tmac bring the ball up, or generally act as a point forward, then he is one, because he can do that. If the coach puts him at power forward, then he is one, even if he would make a better swingman.

Tmac is very versatile. He can play "point forward" if he's asked to, but (at least according to Adelman) he is better off finishing plays than starting him.

It's like asking if Boris Diaw is really a power forward. The answer is, "Yes, if he needs to be one".

14. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

WhoMikeJames, you're awesome. You're driving this guy insane, and I LOVE IT! :D :D :D

15. Chronz

Chronz Member

Refute this

The main role of a PointForward is to set up his teammates and because hes not a pg he is known as a something else (PointForward)

FACTS:
    Tmac looked to shoot less and pass more than Lebron, Tmac ran the offense more frequently than Lebron.

Tmac looked to shoot more and pass less than Scottie Pippen and much less than Paul Pressey

So if you consider Bron a point-forward Tmac more than fits the bill, he doesnt if you want him to play like Pressey or Pippen did.

Seriously how is that so hard to understand?

16. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Point what?Last time I checked he's a SG that can play SF position too.He organised offense last season because Luther and other players couldn't do it.

17. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Don't worry, TracyYao01 will retread this argument in other threads. He gives us rookies a bad image!! Being a rookie doesn't make you a noob, I hope the members don't judge all rooks on this guy. TracyYao01 has shown that its not even about the rockets, its about TracyYao01 being right.

Nobody who wants the Rockets to win gives two damns about what we label TMAC (swingman or point forward), just that we win. But TracyYao01 spent 9 pages filibustering, pursuing his own personal victory against fierce resistance. Forty posts and for what gain? In the end, it doesn't matter what we label him, because Tracy Lamar McGrady will play this season like we know he can.

18. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I agree :rolleyes:

19. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

YOU'RE A POINT FORWARD!!

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I prefer the term "newbie." :D

Actually, very little time is needed to distinguish between the children (of all ages) and the true fans of basketball. During my time on the board I have found very knowledgeable posters who are quite young -- in their early teens. The pity is that they are the exception.

Most of the junior high and high schoolers show themselves right away. Then again, so do the older but less ... sophisticated ... posters.

You will learn to skip the catfights and know which posters to read and respond. There are some truly knowledgeable people in here -- that's why I come.

I like learning about the game. I try to skirt the mud puddles but sometimes I too fall into an occasional quagmire. So, when that happens, Shipwreck, feel neither muddied nor marooned. ;)